Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GPD is so close to making the device of my dreams, they just need to take the win max and throw a rockchip in it. Call it the XD chrome or something.

I just want a cheap device to do basic office stuff and play dreamcast on and I don't know why nobody is doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So the RP3+ looks like it can almost do PS2 games so time to wait for the RP4

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
It's a shame we've not seen anyone put the RK3588 into any handhelds yet. That's the next 'generational step' I think.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Clear Purple ordered

I must be tired, I wrote Clurple initially. That is the colour now.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What's the pantone code for clurple?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is emulation on android in a nutshell: I own Bully on the google play store. It won’t run on the Galaxy S20 I use for emulation because rockstar never updates their poo poo, so I have to emulate the PS2 version. It runs better than the native android version did.

:wtc:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

$15 bucks a month

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I wish to know, badly

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is emulation on android in a nutshell: I own Bully on the google play store. It won’t run on the Galaxy S20 I use for emulation because rockstar never updates their poo poo, so I have to emulate the PS2 version. It runs better than the native android version did.

:wtc:

lmao

don't worry, that dreadful port will be the basis of the Definitive Edition HD Portmaster 4k in a year

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ordered a clurple. Glad I waited on the RP3.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MarcusSA posted:

Tbf i am done now.

I do have the razor handheld on preorder

Dude you relapsed before you were even done posting!

I set an alarm and preordered the clurple. I’m excited to see how these handle streaming, PS2 and GameCube. I know it’s still a chance it’s unplayable but I’ve never played Wind Waker or any of the Metroid Primes. Really want to.

I’m gonna throw my 351V, RP2 and probably my clurple 353V for sale soon. I can make an SA mart thread if anyone is interested.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you're buying a 3+, i think you can get $5 off with the code RETROIDPOCKET. Not huge, but hey.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Bogart posted:

If you're buying a 3+, i think you can get $5 off with the code RETROIDPOCKET. Not huge, but hey.

Worked for me, thanks. $5 is $5.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
The latest jelos update adds Bluetooth controller support, which I don't think it had before. which is nice.

Edit: I managed to pair my ps4 controller but now retroarch doesn't recognize the actual device's controls somehow lol. Send help.

Pat Mustard fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 9, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have a GPD Win 2 now. And another Retroid RP2+

The LA trash gods are with us.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Steam Deck seems like it is the best emulator machine on the market right now, shame you can't get one in Aus

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

bowmore posted:

Can't get one in Aus

Ausgoon Decker chiming in with hopefully assistance -- StockX or eBay Worldwide listings; money and patience are key however.

Prices are coming down due to being readily available.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6QnRfVgR5Y

tl;dw 4k android handheld with detachable controllers for 299

And it's also a vr headset with better specs than the quest 2 and face tracking

And there's a mini pc add on you can buy to play pc games wirelessly like a wiiu

And you can dock it into a larger version of itself to make it bigger for some reason

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Homercar.jpg

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Metaverse Entertainment System.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yes let’s call our system the “mess”

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Finally the Konix Multisystem lives

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

flavor.flv posted:

What the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6QnRfVgR5Y

tl;dw 4k android handheld with detachable controllers for 299

And it's also a vr headset with better specs than the quest 2 and face tracking

And there's a mini pc add on you can buy to play pc games wirelessly like a wiiu

And you can dock it into a larger version of itself to make it bigger for some reason

This sure looks like an idea from Pimax.

Excited to see how much of it gets changed, removed or bumped up in price before it launches and we can see which corners were inevitably cut.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What are the odds that DHL shipping gets my RP3+ to me in the states before I move on December 20? Ordered in the first minute they were available so I imagine it’ll go out before the end of the month but I know it can take forever to actually make it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rolo posted:

What are the odds that DHL shipping gets my RP3+ to me in the states before I move on December 20? Ordered in the first minute they were available so I imagine it’ll go out before the end of the month but I know it can take forever to actually make it.

Once my RP3 actually shipped it took a little over a week to arrive in my mailbox and that was with 4PX which is generally slower from what I understand. So hopefully yours should arrive well before your move

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unless the customs guys decide to play yours for a week.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

23 Skidoo posted:

Ausgoon Decker chiming in with hopefully assistance -- StockX or eBay Worldwide listings; money and patience are key however.

Prices are coming down due to being readily available.

Noice

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Powkiddy has released a new handheld reusing that retro nintendo style design of theirs that everybody loved a couple of years ago

What? v90? I don't know what that is, I'm taking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkCQMG8lDk

Edit: wait is this just the same one as before? Did that have wifi?

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 11, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That looks, awkward

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cut it out with the single analog stick handhelds no-one likes them.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

flavor.flv posted:

Powkiddy has released a new handheld reusing that retro nintendo style design of theirs that everybody loved a couple of years ago

What? v90? I don't know what that is, I'm taking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkCQMG8lDk

Edit: wait is this just the same one as before? Did that have wifi?

It looks like the RG 280V that has a super famicom colorway. I know because I have one along with some other RG variant handheld (also vertical but bigger) and I never use either of them.

I guess I was never sure where to find the newest builds for stuff and then it seemed like newer devices came out so those models just didn't get support anymore.

Maybe I'll donate them to the Little Free Library.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Adam still supports the 280V era pretty nicely

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Public service announcement - I just used my RP2+ with Xbox game pass cloud to play vampire survivors and they need to make a mobile port because this slaps.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Alucard posted:

Public service announcement - I just used my RP2+ with Xbox game pass cloud to play vampire survivors and they need to make a mobile port because this slaps.

Magic Survival is what VS is based on I think, and is a mobile game

Not sure if it's touch only or has control options or what though

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So if I have game pass on my PC does that let me do cloud gaming on my portable things?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think you have to have Game Pass Ultimate

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah for some reason their "you don't need a console! such great value!" marketed cloud service is on their highest tier plan with the console and PC stuff instead of just being the cheapest.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Rolo posted:

So if I have game pass on my PC does that let me do cloud gaming on my portable things?

Nope - gotta have ultimate. Also, the cloud streaming uses Xbox devices so the games are the console versions.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Can I stream my Steam library over the internet using my PC? Does PlayStation Remote (or whatever) work on android devices?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rolo posted:

Can I stream my Steam library over the internet using my PC? Does PlayStation Remote (or whatever) work on android devices?

Yes, it's called Steam Link. Playstation Remote Play also works though people recommend not using the official app for it in favour of I think Chiaki since it can be picky about controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah steam link works over the internet as well as your local network, I forget when they made that change but it's very nice. I alllllmost don't use Parsec anymore