Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

That's a latke

Also draniki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HiroProtagonist posted:

christ this dense motherfucker

lol why are you upset at Tracey: it's far more common for people in the contrarian milieu to give Republicans the time of day as they take them at their word that they're "anti-war"

like Glenn Greenwald

so it's a net improvement that someone in his circles is going "hey these people don't actually mean that, don't fall for it"

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
The GOP is more responsive to its constituents, so if the base is there, that's where McCarthy is going to be.

I do ultimately agree with everyone and think the most likely outcome is they beat the democratic party about the head on shoulders with *anything* and *everything* "must-fund" for the next 2 years though, including this and the debt ceiling.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
people really believing that the republicans are anti war.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

people really believing that the republicans are anti war.

they won't even pretend to be, the farthest they'll go is "concerned about spending"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol why are you upset at Tracey: it's far more common for people in the contrarian milieu to give Republicans the time of day as they take them at their word that they're "anti-war"

like Glenn Greenwald

so it's a net improvement that someone in his circles is going "hey these people don't actually mean that, don't fall for it"

Some people respond to a heartbreaking: situation by lashing out in anger.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

yeah anyone buying that MTG is anti war is just drinking kool aid and anyone pointing out not to trust them is good. im glad michael tracey is finding time away from his harem to post about it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

MTG is as antiwar as Tulsi. It never ceases to amaze me how credulous goobers gobble up their bullshit.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

like Glenn Greenwald

mainly because his evidence is "one dude from the supposed opposition said 'no blank checks'" too.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tracey has been largely correct with his takes lately, but they're still like 80% boring low energy stuff that isn't worth reposting, for example

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1589627791871737856

if he could be less of a low energy dweeb he might eventually evolve into something more powerful. I think Maxine needs to brain him again

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

speng31b posted:

Tracey has been largely correct with his takes lately, but they're still like 80% boring low energy stuff that isn't worth reposting, for example

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1589627791871737856

if he could be less of a low energy dweeb he might eventually evolve into something more powerful. I think Maxine needs to brain him again

yeah thats more accurately why i find him so stupid and irritating even when his premises are accidentally correct

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

tracey's issue is he is a braindead moron. he genuinely cannot fully grasp the american political landscape and thus has ended up in this strange nether realm wherein he is ostensibly left of the GOP but right of many dems because of his resistance to what he sees as "woke" culture.

he is the worst kind of centrist that thinks being mocked by multiple groups means he is right.

that said on ukraine he is mostly been right, not by any logical leaps he made himself

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

“mykola hohol” sounds like a slur from pro-russian telegram channels

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/world/2022/11/08/Turkey-starts-paying-for-some-Russian-gas-in-rubles

quote:

Turkey has started paying for some of its natural gas from Russia in rubles, Turkish Energy Minister Fatih Donmez said on Tuesday.

In an interview with broadcaster TRT Haber, Donmez said that in the coming months the share of local currency payments in energy trade with Russia would increase.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mtg is going to 1080 noscope nato 🎯💪

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

WoodrowSkillson posted:

tracey's issue is he is a braindead moron. he genuinely cannot fully grasp the american political landscape and thus has ended up in this strange nether realm wherein he is ostensibly left of the GOP but right of many dems because of his resistance to what he sees as "woke" culture.

he is the worst kind of centrist that thinks being mocked by multiple groups means he is right.

that said on ukraine he is mostly been right, not by any logical leaps he made himself

you just wish you'd hosed as much as him

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

wishing for the impossible is the way to madness

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Comrade Koba posted:

“mykola hohol” sounds like a slur from pro-russian telegram channels

hello my name is taras ukrop, and i am a giant of literature

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Did I miss the rations talk? Have some Russian propaganda.

https://twitter.com/narrative_hole/status/1589751452406550528

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Not a big fan of Orwell, but his journal from Catalonia was interesting and he mentioned their best propaganda guy was permanently and loudly lying about the quality of their rations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

"how can the state take such good care of them"

:ussr:

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Guy is 100% right
CSPAM: B-But, well, he's a braindead moron... !

First al-Saqr. Now Michael Tracy. Who's next?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Guy is 100% right

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Eastern Europeans seem to be a bunch of petulant, murderous children, so this rings true.

Don't say poo poo like this please. I put this in the OP for a reason:

quote:

Do not post anything bigoted towards any ethnicity ITT. That includes Ukrainians, Russians, Roma, Jews, etc, etc. If you want to talk about the far right in Ukraine, talk about the far right in Ukraine; don't say, "Ukrainians are all Nazis" or anything like that.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

genericnick posted:

Not a big fan of Orwell, but his journal from Catalonia was interesting and he mentioned their best propaganda guy was permanently and loudly lying about the quality of their rations.

there's an entire ecosystem of milsim poisoned airsoft warriors on youtube reviewing MRE's from around the world and they all seem to greatly enjoy the russian ones. admittedly, the ruskies are still years behind uncle sam when it comes to brutally sadistic and inventively homosexual hazing rituals but they're catching up fast

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

orcs love rations, emphasize on RAT (they eat rodents, live or dead)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this guys stepmom is cheryl from curb your enthusiasm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

speng31b posted:

thinking of some weird fictional timeline where Texas stayed a republic or seceded and the US invaded to danizify Texas

that happened

or was that your joke

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Guy is 100% right

I love Insult complements

Also please for the love of god I know I'm an idiot but please I dont think I can handle being compared to michael tracy call me anything else I'll take being called an AlQaeda ISIS sympathizer over being compared with Michael tracy

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah thats a little insulting to michael. please stop

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

It's tough to weigh one against the other. On the one hand, al-Saqr doesn't have a girlfriend whose beauty has been praised effusively by Glem. On the other hand, I don't think al-Saqr would be taken down by a single crosscheck from Maxine Waters like Michael was.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Watching those videos from that YouTube werido, the Russian rations looked more appealing to me than the Ukrianian one. I sent the Ukrianian ration video to my Ukrianian friend and he noticed the tea included in it were imported from Russia, he also suggested that the Russian rations are heaiver on beef becuase theres a lot of Muslims in the Russian army

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KomradeX posted:

Watching those videos from that YouTube werido, the Russian rations looked more appealing to me than the Ukrianian one. I sent the Ukrianian ration video to my Ukrianian friend and he noticed the tea included in it were imported from Russia, he also suggested that the Russian rations are heaiver on beef becuase theres a lot of Muslims in the Russian army

Yeah, that follows. Wealthier country and all that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Yeah, that follows. Wealthier country and all that.

begging for your ration of beef from putin i see

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Maxine waters could absolutely beat the poo poo out of me if she legitimately tried she’s a fighter, I’m just a fat nerd.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

We need to get Michael Tracy into a press scrum steel cage match with Greg Gianforte so he can finally understand what real pain is.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

Maxine waters could absolutely beat the poo poo out of me if she legitimately tried she’s a fighter, I’m just a fat nerd.

We all live in fear of Maxine Waters

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I would easily defeat her in hand to hand combat if she attacked me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

what was that phrase again. cultural g-something-or-other?

Do you think Korea teaching the Korean language in schools to replace the Japanese language forced upon them while they were occupied by Japan is cultural genocide?