Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Just learned that Cody was set to unionize pro wrestling, starting with AEW, but Chudman Chudam Chudage narc'ed on him and forced him to give up on this dream and return to WWE, smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What's going on in here partners?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I believe we've hit maximum tolerance on the chud bullshit.

Please post things regarding wrestlers on social media and not cowboy's choice of car.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DramaKingMatt/status/1590002348226940928

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

What's going on in here partners?

The AEW thread is leaking

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Critical posted:

Please post things regarding wrestlers on social media

This is a fair point since Wangman's no longer on social media anyways

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is there actually a Japanese word that literally translates as "y'all?"

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Asuka's from an area of Japan with a dialect so strong that other Japanese people have trouble understanding it (I think Nakamura straight up said he couldn't understand her at all and talks to her in English) and which usually gets localized as Southern US English. I don't know if there's a word that directly translates from Japanese to y'all but its inclusion is consistent with what I've seen professionals do in the past.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cowboy poo poo is keepin everyone on their toes, not knowin what to expect of you. drive that horned tesla proudly.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

your friend wicka posted:

I don't speak Japanese but there might be a second person plural, and while there is one in other languages (vous, in French), there isn't a good one of those in English (you). I'd translate that to yall.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Roman shirt for this feud:

Mr
BE A STar
Mode

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

She used "omaera" (お前ら) which is a rude/condescending way to say you (plural). I wouldn't 100% of the time translate it as "y'all", but it's definitely valid.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

lmao this owns and I hope Vince saw this and had an aneurysm

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1590004483148615680?t=vT0s_b0lUZpZ3McsXgaSfg&s=19

What's the best metal for babies?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

babymetal

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I mean...

e;f,b

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2eXICPPBdQ

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Asuka's got an Osaka accent so it's pretty close to a translation

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Billy Corgan posted:

“I don't understand what the point is. Why is he working an angle when he's leaving? Why is he using NWA's good name or my good name to get himself over in a way that is not necessary? If he's everything he thinks he is, go into the free market like any free agent and test your mettle. He's working something. I don't know what he's working, but he's willing to sacrifice me and the NWA to prove something or get something going or get out early to go do something because someone has given him an 'iggy' of 'hey, if you can get out early.' This is not cool. He's a paid talent and under contract. He didn't come to us privately and say, 'I'd like to get out early for XYZ.' I've been in those situations. I can deal with those things. I used to tell Nick in the early days of the NWA, 'if Vince (McMahon) calls you tomorrow and wants you, I'll release you out of your contract.' Why is a guy like that, me, who is willing to let a guy go to chase bigger opportunities, why does this guy have to go and burn down the company 50 something days out when he can just leave in 50 days?”

The year of the iggy

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah y'all is a pretty reasonable approximation in context, especially since English is very limited in terms of second-person plural and Japanese has multiple second-person pronouns and multiple ways to pluralize poo poo. Some editorializing is always gonna be necessary because there's a huge distance in meaning on a spectrum from "anatatachi" to "temeera" but a literal translation to english is all just "you (plural)"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
translation is a lot of things including making sure cultural associations of relative formality come across

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks y'all

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The year of the iggy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The year of the iggy

"NWA's good name"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Should have translated it to youse all, a bit more accurate

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The actual chud EV is a late model Nissan Leaf because there was a brief moment when Georgia (I think?) had a big EV tax credit in addition to the federal one and Nissan had them on deep discount so a bunch of chuds figured out they could STICK IT TO THE GOVERNMENT by getting paid to buy Nissan Leafs.

The coda to this is that after doing so, it turned out they loved having a small car that cost nothing to drive to go run small errands.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The year of the iggy

Apparently this actually works to summon me at this point. Not sure I like it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Monty always had that dog in him

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1590098253009518593

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Just incredible

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

the ken shamrock face, though brief, is the best part of this

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Monty was such a victim of his era. He would've been able to be huge in the era before his and the era after his. Stuck in TNA and then WWE didn't know what they had.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Just incredible

No he was in ECW

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?
The Pounce is an all time move. Enjoy 10 minutes of it!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

Monty was such a victim of his era. He would've been able to be huge in the era before his and the era after his. Stuck in TNA and then WWE didn't know what they had.

to be fair, the WWE only had him for for about 6 months before he retired from wrestling to take care of his family

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Monty Brown has to be one of, if not the biggest, what if in wrestling history

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 9, 2022

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1590077407557734400

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

That drum kit looks like it's covered in fondant

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Zak Wylde is in the band, it's not that impressive that he knows the words. Surprising that he was 9 years old all along and that Jericho pretended not to know him though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

Power Windows posted:

Monty Brown has to be one of, if not the biggest, what if in wrestling history

I completely agree with Deadlock's take on this that Brown should've been TNA's #1 face and taken the belt off Jarrett. And that Brown got absolutely sandbagged by having to go heel and be part of Jarrett's faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This rules a bunch, I miss Asuka and wish she wasn't trapped in the Anti-Matter Universe. Maybe Cody can retrieve her when he gets tired of mapping out alternate realities hostile to life :shobon: