Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm disappointed my account isn't important enough to auto-follow him, notice me Elonpai :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Mine was actually the opposite and he was following ME. I had only one other follower who I knew in real life and had told that I made the account. I had no posts and was following no one, but planned to use it in the future if Musk didn't buy and gently caress up Twitter, hah.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm disappointed my account isn't important enough to auto-follow him, notice me Elonpai :smith:

Everyone mark your Twitter page with the blood of a lamb so that musk passes over your your account

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Revins posted:

did he seriously make every account on the platform auto-follow him? holy poo poo thin skinned little bitch have a block instead

actually gently caress it I'm deactivating my account now

He's not on my follow list but I've got like 30 followers at most

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mercury_Storm posted:

Mine was actually the opposite and he was following ME. I had only one other follower who I knew in real life and had told that I made the account. I had no posts and was following no one, but planned to use it in the future if Musk didn't buy and gently caress up Twitter, hah.

Are you sure it was actual musk and not a fake musk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tunicate posted:

Are you sure it was actual musk and not a fake musk

This is why we need verification enforced, people!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lmao I don't know what would be funnier, if Musk himself ordered it because he wants even more attention, or if some twitter people are doing this to him as a white mutiny

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Delete your loving Twitter accounts.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i cant i gotta keep poo poo posting

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

How many users does Mastason need to really get traction?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

davecrazy posted:

But then I can't read comments and that's all I've ever done with it beside follow a few goons over the years.

I want to read the stupid comments on stupid posts the multi-week meltdown is funny.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Why would I do that when I can just post Keyboard Goop at Elon until I get banned?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

davecrazy posted:

i'll probably delete the main account i never use this week, but the 2nd account i have for uploading switch screenshots and clips is unfortunately indispensable because it's quicker and easier than offloading over the wifi hotspot or sdcard

kru
Oct 5, 2003

rip my sense of self

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm realizing how much of a different experience it is having a separate app for Twitter versus logging in to the site, I just logged in now to check something and it was awful. I wonder if the official app is the same garbage.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

davecrazy posted:

How many users does Mastason need to really get traction?

I don't think it's a question of how many users as much as it is a question of which users (famous people, verified government accounts, etc). I'm more concerned about Mastodon's existing culture being corrupted by twitter refugees than I am about Mastodon not gaining traction, though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kdrudy posted:

I'm realizing how much of a different experience it is having a separate app for Twitter versus logging in to the site, I just logged in now to check something and it was awful. I wonder if the official app is the same garbage.

what does your heart tell you

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

pixaal posted:

But then I can't read comments and that's all I've ever done with it beside follow a few goons over the years.

I want to read the stupid comments on stupid posts the multi-week meltdown is funny.

You can still read comments without an account though?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

kdrudy posted:

logged in now to check something and it was awful.

:shrug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

davecrazy posted:

i will never log off

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I elon musk love these jokes 5 golden manbabies sirs u win teh internetz0r :imunfunny:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

boy this site truly is twitter!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

davecrazy posted:

never cede a posting battleground

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

You can still read comments without an account though?

As of a few months ago you can only read the first 5-6 and if you want to read a comment to a comment you get hit with a login screen too. The entire reason I dug up my twitter and reset the password was because of this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hope someone archived everything dril ever twitted, gonna need a starting point to write the gospels.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

pixaal posted:

As of a few months ago you can only read the first 5-6 and if you want to read a comment to a comment you get hit with a login screen too. The entire reason I dug up my twitter and reset the password was because of this.

I’m running like 3 ad blockers so Twitter’s feeble pop ups never show up.

Now if they put the whole site behind an account or subscription I suspect we would need more than an ad blocker or 3…

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
loving lol that Elon is such a needy little bitch that he made the entire platform auto follow him

And then tweet poo poo to vote republican

Can you even fathom the loving outage if zuck posted for every fb user to go vote dem, or everyone’s gmail inbox got an email from google to go vote dem

someone recently told me you should invest in any thing Elon does because he has the resources to make it work no matter what!!!! that sounds like great investment advice. They got all puffed up when I said he’s an idiot. “But he’s so rich!!!!” so what, you can still be an idiot.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Now if they put the whole site behind an account or subscription I suspect we would need more than an ad blocker or 3…

I find twitter embeds break when you block ads and poo poo and I don't care enough I want embeds working more. I'm not troubleshooting that poo poo every time it breaks it's weekly. Twitter sucks at everything. Oh no I log into an account and get embeds working on the forums and discord. Price: being tracked by twitter.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/1590003946843942912?s=20&t=yw-c-0_q0NhWcvraU1GdMg

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

What the gently caress twitter has pop up adds? Who the hell does pop up ads anymore it’s like the fastest way to get people to gently caress off away from your site

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:aloom:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

What the gently caress twitter has pop up adds? Who the hell does pop up ads anymore it’s like the fastest way to get people to gently caress off away from your site

it's not an ad it's a popup nag "To keep reading sign up for an account!" and it's in a model not a new window.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

pixaal posted:

Does it let you keep reading without logging in if you click the login button, then close the modal? This works for the login nag screen that pops up when scrolling.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MrQwerty posted:

never cede a posting battleground

:hmmyes:

Stand together, or you shall surely hang separately

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

pixaal posted:

I find twitter embeds break when you block ads and poo poo and I don't care enough I want embeds working more. I'm not troubleshooting that poo poo every time it breaks it's weekly. Twitter sucks at everything. Oh no I log into an account and get embeds working on the forums and discord. Price: being tracked by twitter.

No issues here. YMMV. Naturally I’d rather cut my eyeballs out than actually make a social media account anywhere (forums don’t count and I planned on just lurking SA like I have been the last few millennia, but alas)

Captain Beans posted:

Yeah at some point in the last few years Twitter will attack you with MAKE AN ACCOUNT OR LOGIN!!!!!! windows pretty much nonstop. They need their new account numbers to go up and more meat to grind in the algorithms.

As with nearly every large platform of note it’s become a usability nightmare by design

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Which is why people don't use it.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

No issues here. YMMV. Naturally I’d rather cut my eyeballs out than actually make a social media account anywhere (forums don’t count and I planned on just lurking SA like I have been the last few millennia, but alas)

Yeah at some point in the last few years Twitter will attack you with MAKE AN ACCOUNT OR LOGIN!!!!!! windows pretty much nonstop. They need their new account numbers to go up and more meat to grind in the algorithms.

As with nearly every large platform of note it’s become a usability nightmare by design

I've just pretty much stopped visiting the site entirely. If I can't watch the video or "right click open image in new tab" it doesn't get my attention unless there's a 100 emptyquotes.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

pixaal posted:

When it pops up click "login" and then click the X to back out, and you can see the comments. Just make sure you click on the body of the tweet and not the word bubble, since then it thinks you're trying to make a comment and will force a login.

I deactivated a week ago and it just worked for me on mobile.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Captain Beans posted:

loving lol that Elon is such a needy little bitch that he made the entire platform auto follow him

seen multiple people say this, but my accounts aren't following him this morning, is this only for new accounts or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

seen multiple people say this, but my accounts aren't following him this morning, is this only for new accounts or something?

lmao is he desperately trying to be myspace tom

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:hmmyes:

Stand together, or you shall surely hang separately

especially if his own former advertisers are naming him as a toxic advertising metric, it's not like you're making him money

where have I heard this