Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I still can't get over the Scarlet bike pokemon running. Why give it big wheel things if they do nothing?

I literally think I have to pick Violet otherwise that will drive me crazy the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If you have older game save data, this one rando NPC 2 hours in will give you phone cases

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
It's mostly more/extended footage of stuff we've seen already. Might be a few reveals peppered in there that I didn't pick up on

There's some footage of the megaman/robot-esque mons whose name I forget. Some footage of raid battle (I think) against a Drakloak. Footage of the ride legendary flying out of (?) the volcano in the middle of the region. Footage of new and returning mons

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Paldean Donphan [Future] is my friend.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Great Tusk for Scarlet:

Iron Treads for Violet:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm starting to get worried there aren't any extra clothes to wear. I remember some outlet saying there were, but they couldn't provide pictures.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MorningMoon posted:

If you have older game save data, this one rando NPC 2 hours in will give you phone cases

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1589982916427149315/photo/1

No way in hell am I using that Arceus case, I want to actually play SV not be transported to a different game entirely

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/black_crystal_tera_raid/
Special raids will be starting in December. They're 7-star raids you need to beat something in the post-game to get into (or link up with someone who has) and you can catch the event pokemon once, but keep doing the raid for other rewards. The first event 'mon is a Charizard with a Dragon Teralize. Charizard is not catchable in SV outside of this.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Special raids will be starting in December. They're 7-star raids you need to beat something in the post-game to get into (or link up with someone who has) and you can catch the event pokemon once, but keep doing the raid for other rewards. The first event 'mon is a Charizard with a Dragon Teralize. Charizard is not catchable in SV outside of this.

"This special Charizard can be caught only once per save data." is an interesting bit. I wonder if they'll finally start doing event distribution, maybe even mythical distribution, this way?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

MorningMoon posted:

This makes more sense than the legendary raids they occasionally did in sword/shield where it was like "well, we wanted to have a raid event featuring Mewtwo, but we don't want everyone to catch dozens of Mewtwos, so you just have to do it for the rewards". Letting everyone catch it once means it can be another means of doing events. Of course they'll still do mystery gifts and in-store distributions and that kind of annoying stuff because they always do

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I like the implication that all future Pokemon eventually evolve into robots.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Wow, what a disappointing “announcement”.

I like past Donphan, but hate the future one. Guess I’m gonna be stuck with forms I don’t like cause I chose Violet, but… purple pants.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Plasbad posted:

can I download a Tamagotchi app onto my Rotom phone?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

oddium posted:

this party is cool but i wish there was a way to find the intjs in the crowd

this xurkitree is great. it looks kind of like guzma

you know what I never thought about it like this. that's kind of cool

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

I don't like "limited time endgame stuff" a month after the game drops. I know these aren't exactly long games but don't rush me! Holidays are coming up and I'm busy. Hopefully linking up with someone else who in post game will be easy.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Plasbad posted:

Long live the new pokéflesh.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Charizard won't be catchable or the whole Charmander line won't be catchable

also yeah locking it off behind postgame so soon is corny. I'll almost certainly be done by then but only cause 80% of my facility takes Thanksgiving week off and I'll be able to play switch for 6 hours a day, I can't imagine everyone is so lucky

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I am actually pretty interested in this gen and I'm not sure why when I hated Sword/Shield

But god that trailer was utter dogshit

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1589982407016714240

Nowhere as dire as the BDSP one, but i'm curious what kinda fixes it has

It adds the starter evos, which is why we haven't seen anything about them from official sources

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that seems like a smart way to keep stuff from promo games from getting leaked but it appears that stuff got leaked anyway? and why is it so big lol

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Scholtz posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1589982916427149315/photo/1

No way in hell am I using that Arceus case, I want to actually play SV not be transported to a different game entirely

That let's go case is actualy pretty cute. I'll end up using that.

Also cave Donphan proving that the past pokemon were the correct choice compared to LED faced everything :colbert:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

…I suppose regular Donphan functioned as a modern rubber wheel. Am I to believe that that ancient Donphan is supposed to be a stone wheel? Is it more wheel than elephant, evolving with the wheels? And what of Phanpy? There’s no wheel in that thing at all. Gamefreak explain.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Are these new donpham forms, or evolutions

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Past/future forms, it's this gens gimmick.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

like, is it a regional form, where Phanapy evolves into it depending on the game or particular conditions?

Or is it one of those weird form things where you take rub donpham up against the time rock and they become past donpham

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Future Donphan having a whole Tamagotchi face looks goofy but I weirdly also like it?

Actual lol at Charizard not being Paldea native but immediately dropping in a level 100 one anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxyclean posted:

like, is it a regional form, where Phanapy evolves into it depending on the game or particular conditions?

Or is it one of those weird form things where you take rub donpham up against the time rock and they become past donpham

We.dont know but according to thenleak that aid these were a thing months ago No you just catch the past or future version in a time hole

They don't evolve either. So paradox jigglypuff is a standalone thing that doesn't evolve.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Neither

I haven't seen most of the leaks, but my understanding is that they are treated like separate Pokémon entirely. None of them evolve and they all have their own ability, kind of like Ultra Beasts

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Here's the leaked paradox pokemon list with (some) types, the donphan reveal does give some credence to this now.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 8, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Avalerion posted:

Here's the leaked paradox pokemon list with (some) types, the donphan reveal does give some credence to this now.

Hmm

Has there been a ground/electric before? Sounds like a fun combo

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Mesadoram posted:

Hmm

Has there been a ground/electric before? Sounds like a fun combo

Stunfisk!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Who?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mike Jones

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

And these are entirely seperate from the Wiglett gimmick?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tomorrow is Wiglett Wednesday

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nihilarian posted:

And these are entirely seperate from the Wiglett gimmick?

Yes, these are functionally the gen 9 ultra beasts

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New preview for clothing customization. Looks like previewers who said there'd be non-uniform clothes were mistaken cause I can't see them listing pants under a shirt symbol. So it's probably the uniform icon.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I like everything about Scarlet more than Violet. Everything except the legendary.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Every time I see the boy running I go "wow!! Look at him go!!!" And then I come in here and the only people talking about it are saying "why is he running instead of using his wheel-shaped-but-clearly non-functional-crest to roll around"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m excited for pretty much everything. but I think losing clothing customization is an unequivocal L. still waiting for a regional Mimikyu.