Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Worth noting the same happened at Tesla where they basically re-learned car manufacturing through trial and error, which has gone abysmally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

overpopulation? what is this, the 90s? thats not actually a concern anymore, even china got rid of their one child policy

a declining birth rate might cause a tighter job market in a decade or two requiring higher employee pay, that's their only actual concern

of course allowing more immigration would be an easy way to alleviate that problem, but we can't do that because they'd bring that dang fentanyl candy with them

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Worth noting the same happened at Tesla where they basically re-learned car manufacturing through trial and error, which has gone abysmally

if you were a real biznes man, you'd know the 1st rule of running a company: ABRTW (always be reinventing the wheel)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Buce posted:

if you were a real biznes man, you'd know the 1st rule of running a company: ABRTW (always be reinventing the wheel)

Ford's line production techniques? HOGWASH. Toyota's KANBAN system that is now used in all general manufacturing? Absolute bullshit. Anything any car company has learned over the last 120 years? Irrelevant.

*runs to investors*

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This was the best case scenario for Twitter under Musk. That went out the window when his very first action was to fire the guy whose job was to say, "Yeah, we have these policies out of legal necessity."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MrQwerty posted:

Ford's line production techniques? HOGWASH. Toyota's KANBAN system that is now used in all general manufacturing? Absolute bullshit. Anything any car company has learned over the last 120 years? Irrelevant.

*runs to investors*

Always remember that Ford brought in Toyota engineers to redo their production lines in the 70s for the exact reason that they realized it was the only way they could advance

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

So, if I ran Tesla, would goons want to drive an electric Miata?

sad question
May 30, 2020

That DICK! posted:

it would be cool if elon musk turned himself into crazy frog in a desperate bid for approval. he has the means and technology

I don't think he would go for it after this

https://twitter.com/TrueCrazyFrog/status/1533938036949630981

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol is editing the tweet timestamp in the db what they meant by Time Traveling

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

CommieGIR posted:

Always remember that Ford brought in Toyota engineers to redo their production lines in the 70s for the exact reason that they realized it was the only way they could advance

Production line work from bottom to top is all iterative and unless you understand that you will fail

If you neglect improvements from your competitors you will fail

If you constantly try to "reinvent" and "disrupt" and don't focus on engineering and production, you will fail

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 8, 2022

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
It is 2023. Elon has gotten tired of being mocked on Twitter, and finally decides to go to Mars.

History is unclear if the software glitch that prevents his spaceship from returning was deliberate or simply a mistake, due to firing all the senior engineers.

Nobody cares either way.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Elon I'm applying on the Tesla website

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CommieGIR posted:

"Everybody Is Stupid Except Me" syndrome

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*taps foot, looks at watch, looks at wall clock*

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
elon running twitter is like that libertarian town that got overrun by bears

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Thank you - we've received your Tesla application

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
I just remembered another Elon hype that failed to deliver. He claimed that he would make small solar tiles and they would be as adorable as slate tiles. I checked the Tesla site recently, and it’s solar plan costs about $200k.

E: affordable even

Discount Dracula fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 8, 2022

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i still love when he smashed the window on the halo truck

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Solar panels are hard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Subversive, brilliant

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Discount Dracula posted:

I just remembered another Elon hype that failed to deliver. He claimed that he would make small solar tiles and they would be as adorable as slate tiles. I checked the Tesla site recently, and it’s solar plan costs about $200k.
They were also meant to cost the same amount as a traditional asphalt shingle roof, when you took into account your electrical savings. You know, the 200 thousand dollars of electricity you were gonna use over those 30 years.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stable perovskite solar panels might arrive one day soon and make poo poo cheaper, but I doubt Elon will be the one to provide that.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
i'd love it if my roof could cost at least $30k more than a normal roof, never break even with energy savings, require a $20k home battery installation, and be beholden to a single company (that will probably go bust long before the multi-decade life of the roof) for repairs with an average 1 year lead time before they even get an estimator out :thumbsup:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

kru posted:

It's different in the way that if someone owned 7 newspapers and made them endorse a candidate, yes

This is just the UK

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

It's the "Being John Malkovich" sequel we always needed but never wanted

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Elon doesn't even get used for sigma grindset memes very much or at all because he's very ugly and nobody wants to look at him, lol

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

CommieGIR posted:

You can't put a price on industry disruption.

it's $44B

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Quote this for every page

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
NY Times write up on Mastason

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/07/technology/mastodon-twitter-elon-musk.html

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

And we want Musk to destroy that site???

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

After reading a little about it Mastodon seems less confusing than I originally thought, but it still seems like too much work to set up a nice personal ecosystem just for reading shitposts.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Isn't that the point, that it isn't just an endless scroll of poo poo posts?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
He's now getting owned by the twitter accounts of National Monuments

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1590033669645021185?s=20&t=9FyzmIC1w88C7rcqJgIkGw

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

By popular demand posted:

I hope someone archived everything dril ever twitted, gonna need a starting point to write the gospels.

Buy the books! http://wint.co/

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bad Purchase posted:

a declining birth rate might cause a tighter job market in a decade or two requiring higher employee pay, that's their only actual concern

of course allowing more immigration would be an easy way to alleviate that problem, but we can't do that because they'd bring that dang fentanyl candy with them

It's already doing this actually because COVID made Boomers start retiring like 5 years ahead of schedule

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ror posted:

After reading a little about it Mastodon seems less confusing than I originally thought, but it still seems like too much work to set up a nice personal ecosystem just for reading shitposts.

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I don't know what I'll decide yet with Twitter, but 95% of stuff I use it for now is seeing animal and food pics, everyone I used to interact with most is on discord now anyway. Not sure I'll bother replacing it if it dies or gets uselessly shittier.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

My knowledge of Mastodon is that they use both @ and . in their usernames, and that makes IT people have an aneurysm. :lol:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

tweets are called toots?
I get it, it’s like a farting prehistoric elephant. Clever.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It's already doing this actually because COVID made Boomers start retiring like 5 years ahead of schedule

The bottleneck is currently making its way through higher education as well, a birth rate decline 18 years in the making is starting to show up in enrollment figures, and it's going to go downhill from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ror posted:

What's there to know, their first album was about Moby Dick and they have three singers