Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

In Training posted:

When's the first exit polls.

they take them throughout the day but won't air them till after the polls close in that state.

my bellwether is watching the cable-news anchors throughout the afternoon who wear their political hearts on their sleeves. Chris Matthews used to have the worst poker face & one could literally predict the outcome of a race he was talking about.

if they don't bring him back during the day I'd watch the msnbc anchors for tells, since they're the most highly partisan. Inversely, happiness among fox anchors might indicate dems in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

they take them throughout the day but won't air them till after the polls close in that state.

my bellwether is watching the cable-news anchors throughout the afternoon who wear their political hearts on their sleeves. Chris Matthews used to have the worst poker face & one could literally predict the outcome of a race he was talking about.

if they don't bring him back during the day I'd watch the msnbc anchors for tells, since they're the most highly partisan. Inversely, happiness among fox anchors might indicate dems in trouble.

I'm never going to watch cable news my man.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Willa Rogers posted:

:lol:

I remember watching the 2012 election coverage on Fox in my hotel room, and there was this moment of "if Obama takes that state, than he wins," followed by several seconds of dead silence and looks of fear by all the hosts on screen.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

I remember watching the 2012 election coverage on Fox in my hotel room, and there was this moment of "if Obama takes that state, than he wins," followed by several seconds of dead silence and looks of fear by all the hosts on screen.

I remember Karl Rove having an on-air meltdown about them calling Ohio

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm never going to watch cable news my man.

for those who want to do the live face-watching, here are the live streams of all 3: https://www.newslive.com/american/cnn-online.html

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

my hunch is that rachel maddow + joy reid will have the most transparent tells.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tonight on MSNBC:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The democrats are currently being destroyed

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

The democrats are currently being destroyed

Democracy dies in darkness again?

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/BenMargiott/status/1590036853054263296

First signs of destruction

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
here it comes! the destroying!!

:munch:

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wasurely this can't be true! The blue firewall!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Perhaps the destruction will come in the form of the democrats barely holding on to the house and senate but losing enough statehouses for a constitutional convention to be called and ran while the dems are nominally still in power nationally.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

you know a month ago the democrats were holding it together enough and the Republicans were doing a good enough job of making themselves unlikeable enough that I actually thought this forums pessimism would be proven wrong, but goddam if the democrats haven't put in the effort since then to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they always do. will be interesting to see what happens

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

you know a month ago the democrats were holding it together enough and the Republicans were doing a good enough job of making themselves unlikeable enough that I actually thought this forums pessimism would be proven wrong, but goddam if the democrats haven't put in the effort since then to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they always do. will be interesting to see what happens

Something tells me that people don't like being told that even though they're struggling to afford food and shelter, they're actually doing fine. More than fine, really. Better than ever. And that they have the Democrats to thank for how amazingly fine they're doing.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1590042484041986050?s=46&t=AdzwyOd5a-1d1DZkdTQlSg

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

this can't be correct. I was told the entire country would stampede to the polls because of roe v wade and vote straight ticket dem

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

me rn:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

From the replies:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I should run for office as a Democrat and just take all the money and live the good life

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

I should run for office as a Democrat and just take all the money and live the good life

How much do you enjoy standing on things?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The line at the polling place by my work is out the door. I dont know if its a good or bad sign but its the highest turnout i can remember seeing since 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

How much do you enjoy standing on things?

I stand on the floor all the time

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

but hey, 2023 is right around the corner, the next incarnation of this thread is going to be even better

C-SPAM › the demokkkrats have been destrroyed in 2022 (mashallah)

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Kreeblah posted:

Something tells me that people don't like being told that even though they're struggling to afford food and shelter, they're actually doing fine. More than fine, really. Better than ever. And that they have the Democrats to thank for how amazingly fine they're doing.

It's tempting to say that the democrats are blowing it deliberately so they can have an easier time fundraising without having any expectations that they actually accomplish anything. But I think this is a more straightforward tale of hubris. They can't admit that material conditions are getting worse for people, because that would damage their egos by getting them to admit that getting a democrat into the white house didn't deliver the sudden transformation of America they convinced themselves it would during the Trump presidency. So they ignore reality and tell everyone who tries to reason with them that they shouldn't believe their own lying eyes. It's frustrating because as usual anyone who is trying to warn them of the mistake they are making is going to be accused of being a secret GOP operative or something. When in reality they're trying to get them to correct course before they blow what should have been an easy win given how unlikeable the GOP have managed to be even in opposition.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

It's tempting to say that the democrats are blowing it deliberately so they can have an easier time fundraising without having any expectations that they actually accomplish anything. But I think this is a more straightforward tale of hubris. They can't admit that material conditions are getting worse for people, because that would damage their egos by getting them to admit that getting a democrat into the white house didn't deliver the sudden transformation of America they convinced themselves it would during the Trump presidency. So they ignore reality and tell everyone who tries to reason with them that they shouldn't believe their own lying eyes. It's frustrating because as usual anyone who is trying to warn them of the mistake they are making is going to be accused of being a secret GOP operative or something. When in reality they're trying to get them to correct course before they blow what should have been an easy win given how unlikeable the GOP have managed to be even in opposition.

they have been doing the same thing with minority votes for decades smugly proclaiming their owed their votes in exchange for ?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

D E A T H

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Kreeblah posted:

Mmmhmm that's my main takeaway from the past 6 months, and I'm financially secure. For the bottom 50% of the country that poo poo has to be infuriating.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/hooiskellie/status/1590044336523444224?t=nfGvAenp7tZh0Z_k0KbaYw&s=19

The copium harvest this year will keep me warm until Spring

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/EScrimshaw/status/1590047691761135616

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

urge to read D&D....rising.... :negative:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hahaha

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

youre a madman

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

unless theres funny stuff from D&D i wont go there

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FistEnergy posted:

its too early to touch the poop, just wait. it'll get better

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

gonna have to wait until after supper for the real copium to start flowing

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

HallelujahLee posted:

they have been doing the same thing with minority votes for decades smugly proclaiming their owed their votes in exchange for ?

I just went over all the posts I made in this thread. And the thing I've been saying since May is "all the dems have to do in order to win is pretend to give a poo poo about the problems voters face, they don't even need to propose any policy, they just need to feign a bit of empathy." And they just... haven't done that. It should be so easy. I don't understand why democratic partisans put up with this rank incompetence. I mean, for the people in leadership positions they can afford to lose and then just fundraise, or get cushy lobbying gigs after they lose their seats. But the ordinary voters are so pathetic for not demanding a purge of all the losers who keep pissing away winnable elections. When Republicans fail the base demands blood, so they actually purge people who don't please the base. But democrats seem to think blind loyalty to party leadership is a virtue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

But Michael Moore stolid me the blue wave is gonna steamroll the republicans