Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Matt Ryan would have been fine with a good offensive line. But they have completely collapsed this year. Ballard hosed up on filling the RG and LT spots but it's hard to explain why the other three suddenly got so much worse.

Like Kelly should not be starting. His backup has played better than he has. I think Nelson can't play like usual because the people on both sides of him cannot do anything so he's not able to focus on his assignments. The RT is a better run blocker than pass blocker, but that doesn't matter when teams can run the stunt on that side and the RG and C can't figure out how to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jim Irsay drunkenly said any coach could could be the McDaniels raiders and someone called him on it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
39 year old Philip Rivers went 11-5 with the Colts

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Codependent Poster posted:

Matt Ryan would have been fine with a good offensive line. But they have completely collapsed this year. Ballard hosed up on filling the RG and LT spots but it's hard to explain why the other three suddenly got so much worse.

Like Kelly should not be starting. His backup has played better than he has. I think Nelson can't play like usual because the people on both sides of him cannot do anything so he's not able to focus on his assignments. The RT is a better run blocker than pass blocker, but that doesn't matter when teams can run the stunt on that side and the RG and C can't figure out how to stop it.

My conspiracy theory is that those guys (Nelson, Kelly, and Smith) were all super tight with Wentz and are pissed about how the organization treated him, so they're all dogging it a little this year out of spite.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ShakeZula posted:

My conspiracy theory is that those guys (Nelson, Kelly, and Smith) were all super tight with Wentz and are pissed about how the organization treated him, so they're all dogging it a little this year out of spite.
You obviously dont know enough about Wentz.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You obviously dont know enough about Wentz.

Oh that first part isn't a conspiracy theory, it's well-documented that those guys in particular loved Wentz. They were all "anti-vaxxers against the world" together and apparently really bonded over it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ShakeZula posted:

Oh that first part isn't a conspiracy theory, it's well-documented that those guys in particular loved Wentz. They were all "anti-vaxxers against the world" together and apparently really bonded over it.
:stare: Oh poo poo. Apparently I am the one that doesn't know enough about Wentz :v:

I was guessing that he also pissed them off by being an rear end in a top hat and bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Round 2 let's gooooooo

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1590167285788217344
https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1590054587708624901

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I can’t decide if absolute catastrophe or unmitigated triumph is the funnier outcome of all this Colts business.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If the colts win this weekend does Irsay get exonerated

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

colts need to bring the greatest quarterback in the state of Indiana home: It's Michael Penix Season

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Saturday wins with Irsay's roster, like the Gruden Bucs. History will remember this

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

If the colts win this weekend does Irsay get exonerated

no but Mcdaniels seat gets hotter than the surface of the sun

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Marc Davis literally can’t afford to fire McDaniels. :lol:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Kraft can float him a loan.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

i know, it makes it so so good

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Too bad Vegas isn't the mob town it used to be, or he wouldn't have to fire McDaniels to get rid of him

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

And this tweet gets the greatest amount of vindication known to man.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Honestly I'm hoping the Colts win this weekend for maximum hilarity, and then I don't especially care how the rest of the season shakes out.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

ShakeZula posted:

Honestly I'm hoping the Colts win this weekend for maximum hilarity, and then I don't especially care how the rest of the season shakes out.

Colts winning a disaster of a game, then Saturday quitting the day after is my preferred comedy outcome

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I will be rooting for the colts harder than I ever have before, I hope it's the biggest clownball game in existence and they come out on top

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I want the Raiders to fire McDaniels so that he can come back to the Pats, so go Colts I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm excited to see a team in the AFCS be more dysfunctional than the Jaguars for once so I am torn. Do I want the Colts to be an absolute disaster, possibly ending the fun early.... or do I want them to wallow in it?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

If you're rooting for disaster then the most likely scenario you're looking for is Saturday getting installed as GM after the season to replace Ballard. That's a lot more likely than him staying as HC.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

ShakeZula posted:

If you're rooting for disaster then the most likely scenario you're looking for is Saturday getting installed as GM after the season to replace Ballard. That's a lot more likely than him staying as HC.

Mashallah

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Thinking about the Saturday hire, it might make some sense to think of him less as a coach brought in to win games and more as a consultant brought in to try and restructure a failing business. Like the seasons hosed already, just go in there and get a read of the dressing room and coaches to see who can be brought back as part of a rebuild and who's checked out. See if supporting areas like S&C or medical are salvageable or if they need to be purged with the coaches. Stuff like that where his main value is as a relative outsider that Irsay trusts.

The funniest result would be Saturday flukes his way into some wins, Irsay pats himself on the back for being a genius and handing Saturday/Frazier the full time jobs and eating a punishment for violating the Rooney Rule. Then the team predictably sucks next year as the two are over their heads and they have to fire them too.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

pseudodragon posted:

Thinking about the Saturday hire, it might make some sense

:thunk:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

pseudodragon posted:

Thinking about the Saturday hire, it might make some sense to think of him less as a coach brought in to win games and more as a consultant brought in to try and restructure a failing business. Like the seasons hosed already, just go in there and get a read of the dressing room and coaches to see who can be brought back as part of a rebuild and who's checked out. See if supporting areas like S&C or medical are salvageable or if they need to be purged with the coaches. Stuff like that where his main value is as a relative outsider that Irsay trusts.

This is exactly what's happening imo. I don't doubt that Irsay would be thrilled to have Saturday win out and prove to be the next great coach, but I think the plan is to have him evaluate things for the rest of the season and then either go back to his TV job or get a position in the front office.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ShakeZula posted:

This is exactly what's happening imo. I don't doubt that Irsay would be thrilled to have Saturday win out and prove to be the next great coach, but I think the plan is to have him evaluate things for the rest of the season and then either go back to his TV job or get a position in the front office.

Didnt Irsay say "and hopefully longer" when asked about how long he'll be coach?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Didnt Irsay say "and hopefully longer" when asked about how long he'll be coach?

He said "8 games, and hopefully more," which could either mean Saturday coming back as HC next year or the team making a surprise playoff push. Either way it doesn't really matter, whatever his intentions are he has to at least pretend like Saturday is a serious coaching hire for the moment, and better to leave the door open in case he does a great job then close it right away and have to flip flop if he exceeds expectations. Short of an impressive playoff run though I really don't think Saturday will be in contention for the job next year.

For the record Irsay also said he thought Ryan would be the QB for "two years, maybe 3," and I'm pretty sure he said the same about Rivers. Dude just likes putting an optimistic spin on things like that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Make Philip Rivers the coach

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Make Philip Rivers the coach
He has enough children to have each one be a position coach, right?

ShakeZula posted:

He said "8 games, and hopefully more," which could either mean Saturday coming back as HC next year or the team making a surprise playoff push. Either way it doesn't really matter, whatever his intentions are he has to at least pretend like Saturday is a serious coaching hire for the moment, and better to leave the door open in case he does a great job then close it right away and have to flip flop if he exceeds expectations. Short of an impressive playoff run though I really don't think Saturday will be in contention for the job next year.

For the record Irsay also said he thought Ryan would be the QB for "two years, maybe 3," and I'm pretty sure he said the same about Rivers. Dude just likes putting an optimistic spin on things like that.
That makes sense. And it occurred to me after I submitted the post that "of course Irsay wants to be encouraging" (which goes along with what you just said).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think he literally can't say anything about next season due to the Rooney rule.

Not that it matters in the slightest, but kayfabe must be maintained

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
One of the ostensibly more open-minded NFL owners permanently hiring a completely unqualified white guy while making an insultingly obligatory pass at Rooney Rule compliance would be such a great mask-off moment

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Edit: w/t

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

He has enough children to have each one be a position coach, right?

a full failfamily

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Even company man Joe Thomas went in lol

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1591076892467023872

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I thought that was Baron Corbin at first.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I don't know Joe, I can probably think of some more egregious things that have happened in the NFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I don't know Joe, I can probably think of some more egregious things that have happened in the NFL

He played in the nfl for a decade. He probably has the memory of a goldfish