Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is this the Hospitality mod? Sounds like a bug, usually pawns with teetotaler traits or ideologies won’t drink beer even if it’s allowed under the drugs policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

marumaru posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2222935097

:stare:

does this actually work? i can't help but think that this is wildly ambitious
Yeah it depends a lot on what you mean by "work". Do the mod mechanics function as advertised? Yeah. But as noted they add a lot of overhead, and in practice it's not all that engaging since early wins tend to snowball quickly.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
No, it's happened to me as well. Not sure what's causing it, but I've had multiple guests take some joints from my stockpile, smoke up, and then get angry because they're teetotalers. Sometimes the guest behavior AI bugs out. I regularly had troubles during 1.3 with visitors and trade caravans raiding my meal racks despite not having Hospitality installed.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I guess the only way to make a waster colony is IVF, since I never seem to get any.

Also, is there a way to grow hay (or a toxic equivalent that I missed) for caravans later when I make everything a polluted hell scape?

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

QuarkJets posted:

lol this feels more hosed up than the most depraved organ farm setup but I can't articulate the reason

Yeah like when a group of child beggars got barbecued by a bunch of Impid breachers and I was blamed for it, it was just one of these horrific but kind of funny Moments in the Rim. But this hit differently, I'm all about the kid now, with such a heritage and pro melee genes she is destined to be a great warrior.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

Is this the Hospitality mod? Sounds like a bug, usually pawns with teetotaler traits or ideologies won’t drink beer even if it’s allowed under the drugs policy.

No it's the refugees that keep turning up with social drugs enabled and drinking all my loving booze and being miserable about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know the last expansion JUST came out but if anyone is looking for RimWorld + Terraria, I highly recommend Necesse.

It's very cheap but seems feature complete.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Inzombiac posted:

I know the last expansion JUST came out but if anyone is looking for RimWorld + Terraria, I highly recommend Necesse.

It's very cheap but seems feature complete.

How does it play?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Impids aren't as strong as you'd think against fire, their heat tolerance is only like 20 degrees more than normal which kinda sucks because I was hoping I could just live in a sort've stone minotaur labyrinth and whenever something goes wrong light it the gently caress up and smoke my enemies before they even get close.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Is there a mod that lets me separate gene packs? I have an archite gene that gives perfect immunity and slow runner, which is not a winning combination! So is there a way to separate the cool gene from the horrible one in that gene pack?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

After 750 hours I've "won" the game for the first time, didn't expect the song. :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

StrixNebulosa posted:

How does it play?

Quite well. A little basic so far (I've killed the second boss, not sure how many there are) but there seems to be a ton of neat stuff to find.
The world is made up of islands, so it kinda feels like Wind Waker. Each one has their own biome and some are weird and unique.

I was having a fun time killing goblins with a boomerang until I found a staff that let me summon tiny, invincible zombies to fight for me.

Oh and the community building is pretty streamlined and not nearly as complex as RimWorld. That being said, it's MUCH faster to get cool buildings going.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Torrannor posted:

Is there a mod that lets me separate gene packs? I have an archite gene that gives perfect immunity and slow runner, which is not a winning combination! So is there a way to separate the cool gene from the horrible one in that gene pack?

Insert it into a baseliner than genescan that motherfucker over and over I guess :( Genemodding is incredibly tedious! Presumably the intention is you're supposed to build a genebank that contains everything you want for specific individuals, lock that poo poo away deep in your base and start destributing those xenogerms but assembling a working, interesting xenogerm is a super long-reaching goal. Plus why even bother when sanguivores exist.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Speaking of sanguophages, my first is coming up on her gene regrowth cooldown and I'm toying between biting a permanent prison/hemogen donor to double my gene withdrawal process in the future or sticking a colonist to then later encourage the two of them to donate genes.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

Insert it into a baseliner than genescan that motherfucker over and over I guess :( Genemodding is incredibly tedious! Presumably the intention is you're supposed to build a genebank that contains everything you want for specific individuals, lock that poo poo away deep in your base and start destributing those xenogerms but assembling a working, interesting xenogerm is a super long-reaching goal. Plus why even bother when sanguivores exist.

This wouldn't work without a mod actually - There is a 0% chance of extracting an archite requiring gene.

I'd recommend getting Gene Extractor Weights https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2883796262&searchtext= to be able to extract them

edit:
Add Gene Ripper too if you want to pull your hair out less randomly scanning:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885485814&searchtext=

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

lunar detritus posted:

After 750 hours I've "won" the game for the first time, didn't expect the song. :allears:

Waiting for the Sun is a fantastic song. I've never done the Royal Ascent before personally. There's a separate song for finishing the Archonexus ending, but it's not as good.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Kinetica posted:

I guess the only way to make a waster colony is IVF, since I never seem to get any.

Also, is there a way to grow hay (or a toxic equivalent that I missed) for caravans later when I make everything a polluted hell scape?

what you do is, you give them all aesthetic noses and aesthetic torso shapers, and then they can hook up.
the four things that grow on polluted terrain:
- toxipotatoes
- devilstrand
- polluted trees (biome specific)
- space cocaine

lunar detritus posted:

:shrek::hf::shrek:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

patch notes:

quote:

Cynapse — Today at 10:33 AM
Version 1.4.3542 is up now on the unstable (and now stable) branch!
- Updated name-in-game content.
- Fix: Quest lodgers can do the "give up and exit" mental break.
- Fix: Missing ideology check when drawing dietary type stat.
- Fix: Certainty bar doesn't display for games where Ideology has been enabled after the game was started.
- Fix: Coagulate can still be queued if hemogen is below casting cost.
- Fix: Can destroy wastepacks on temp tiles to avoid relationship penalty loss.
- Fix: Destroyed pawns can cause issues with deathrest building inspect strings.
- Fix: Mechs summoned from mech drop beacons don't spawn in mech pods.
- Fix: Dialog_MessageBox doesn't call Event.current.Use() in OnCancelKeyPressed() and OnAcceptKeyPressed().
- Fix: Paramedic mechs can't carry pawns while jumping.
- Fix: Unable to properly translate boss group apparel wave descriptions.

OwlFancier posted:

It is extremely stupid that people keep showing up to my colony where everyone needs beer to live, drinking my beer because they arrive with social drugs policy, then getting extremely upset about that because they're supposedly ideologically teetotal?

My brother in christ, you are the one who drank the booze. If you do not want to drink the booze I am not forcing you to. You drink more booze than my guys do.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
Is that patch note suggesting that 1.4 is now in the stable branch and I can switch?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

1.4 has been stable since they released the dlc..

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

you can stay in the unstable branch too it's only like half a day ahead of what's in stable :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

on Day 312 we finally finished our first research topic: how to compost our doodoo hoard

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omnicarus posted:

edit:
Add Gene Ripper too if you want to pull your hair out less randomly scanning:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885485814&searchtext=

God drat this rules

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I had no idea you could double mood buff if your dude is a cannibal.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Flesh Forge posted:

on Day 312 we finally finished our first research topic: how to compost our doodoo hoard

That's quite the pile of poo.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

e: wow wrong thread

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 9, 2022

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Flesh Forge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4rL04gSF4

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

That's quite the pile of poo.

and it's only six people's worth :kiddo:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Is the fertilizer worth it? I always use the biofuel generators to stopgap rimfeller.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
IIRC it sticks around for a whole season (60 days) so depending on your climate and pawn workload, it may be!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Today I learned that if you take one of those quests that have you guard a bunch of tribal people that "won't do any work", you can just assign them to be permanent Anima tree batteries for the duration.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kris xK posted:

Is the fertilizer worth it? I always use the biofuel generators to stopgap rimfeller.

depends on the crop (not all crops are equally fert sensitive) and the environment (it matters less in biomes where you already had plenty of fertile soil). I have a lot of decent soil on this particular map, more than you typically have on a desert tile, but I'm spending a huge amount of labor on growing fibercorn in stony soil because I need wood for the fire worship meme, and it would be helpful to speed up the corn a bit. I'm not the kind of person who will do math to figure this out but I'm pretty sure it would be most helpful in marginal biomes where you can't grow all year round and/or don't have as much good soil. there's another buff to soil fertility in Hygiene (irrigation) that layers on top of it too. You can do these on sand but I don't think you can actually plant on sand without modding the growing zone tool, I'll tinker with that in a while.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Had a couple of vampires want to use my colony for a meeting, and I agreed. One of them liked it so much, they decided to stay. I guess I'm figuring out those mechanics now!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

Had a couple of vampires want to use my colony for a meeting, and I agreed. One of them liked it so much, they decided to stay. I guess I'm figuring out those mechanics now!

Other cool things can happen on that quest, but it can also bug out.

Vampire hunters can come, and if one of the vampires dies, it breaks the quest entirely and the remaining vampire(s) will wander around wrecking your structures until you devmode instacomplete the quest.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

aww they just want to help their friend :kiddo:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Flesh Forge posted:

but I'm spending a huge amount of labor on growing fibercorn in stony soil because I need wood for the fire worship meme,

Sounds like a use case for Guaranlen trees. :hai:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a problem with that is I have one reliable planter, the other labor comes from, shall we say, "temporary workers"

this is a self imposed constraint and yeah if I had a little more labor to work with I would put up multiple trees, because I don't have any reliable permanent haulers and mechanitor stuff is off the menu as well (no implants)
e: I should say "when I have more" because when we finally get the biotech poo poo unlocked and constructed I'll make some more hellspawn :twisted:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 9, 2022

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

i hope to one day have as much poo poo as you.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
So i've been wanting to get back into Rimworld since I havent played it for years. Is it ok to get Biotech as my first expansion or should I pick up another one first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
All the DLCs stand on their own, so whichever looks most interesting to you is correct.