Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Here's hoping for a red wave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

If Democratic voters have barely started to consider Biden alternatives, the topic is increasingly consuming the would-be successors themselves, as well as their spouses. Doug Emhoff, the Second Gentleman, has told Democrats the party must rally around Harris should Biden not run.

Such talk, however, causes eye-rolling in the West Wing, where officials believe Harris is on stronger footing now than she was in her first year but remain skeptical about her viability in 2024.

Those doubts are shared by most Democratic lawmakers, whose dread about 2024 extends from the specter of nominating an octogenarian with dismal approval ratings to the equally delicate dilemma of whether to nominate his more unpopular vice president or pass over the first Black woman in the job.

“The next question we’ll get after saying we don’t want Biden is: ‘Do you want Kamala?’” explained one House Democrat.

my prediction before the election was that if the dems really get blown out during the mid-term, lose both houses territory at minimum, then biden is going to get a lot of pressure to not run in 2024.

I think he is going to ignore all of that an run anyway in 2024. I don't know if the democratic power brokers have the stomach for a primary battle if biden doesn't want to go willingly.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Roberto Francisco "Beatoff M'pork" O'Dourke

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I did actually vote this afternoon because my mom has been bugging people to do it and it was worth 15 minutes of my time to make her happy. I did not really pay attention to my choices except to leave governor blank and to make sure I voted for the Green Party guy for railroad commissioner instead of lobster shirt. I probably would have written in some names for my personal amusement if it had been a handwritten ballot but typing on the touch screen seemed like too much effort for a joke with no audience

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm glad they've identified that kamala is a grave threat to us, but their solution is to keep putting her back out there

LabDrunk40
Jun 17, 2005

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun..."

From a few pages back, but here's what that thing is: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/05/us/ulster-county-spider-voting-sticker-trnd

Markey's not on the ballot in Ulster County though, so probably just trying to connect with the youths.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Roberto Francisco "Beatoff M'pork" O'Dourke

I will say, this is only the second time in my life where the Demcorats had a candidate for every position. The first time being 2020. Every election before that had a ton of Republicans running unopposed. Beto will never win but the Texas Dems need him to give them the energy to actually try to win local seats

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

LabDrunk40 posted:

From a few pages back, but here's what that thing is: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/05/us/ulster-county-spider-voting-sticker-trnd

Markey's not on the ballot in Ulster County though, so probably just trying to connect with the youths.

hey kids, do you like the iraq war??

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
every cspam poster: "turns out i voted today"

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

seven hundred stacies: let me tell you about black men and machismo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I voted because I'm in Washington state where mail voting is easy as gently caress, so voting for the local poo poo that I can impact and that matters takes like 5 minutes at most

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I will say, this is only the second time in my life where the Demcorats had a candidate for every position. The first time being 2020. Every election before that had a ton of Republicans running unopposed. Beto will never win but the Texas Dems need him to give them the energy to actually try to win local seats

In my district there were like 2 whole pages of offices that had Republicans running unopposed and a shitload were for judgeships lol

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

If Democratic voters have barely started to consider Biden alternatives, the topic is increasingly consuming the would-be successors themselves, as well as their spouses. Doug Emhoff, the Second Gentleman, has told Democrats the party must rally around Harris should Biden not run.

Such talk, however, causes eye-rolling in the West Wing, where officials believe Harris is on stronger footing now than she was in her first year but remain skeptical about her viability in 2024.

Those doubts are shared by most Democratic lawmakers, whose dread about 2024 extends from the specter of nominating an octogenarian with dismal approval ratings to the equally delicate dilemma of whether to nominate his more unpopular vice president or pass over the first Black woman in the job.

“The next question we’ll get after saying we don’t want Biden is: ‘Do you want Kamala?’” explained one House Democrat.

No, Doug

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If not Harris, Ella could run in 12 years! :haw:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

oh doug lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Excelzior posted:

the arzying is strong already

excellent

Is it arzying if we're laughing?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

to raise awareness of the importance of voting in this, the most important election ever, i am fasting from voting today

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I voted because I'm in Washington state where mail voting is easy as gently caress, so voting for the local poo poo that I can impact and that matters takes like 5 minutes at most

:highfive: if i had to actually make any effort at all to vote I absolute would not since it doesn't do poo poo. But voting in washington is like lmao whatever. just bubble in the local poo poo i care about, write in some names on uncontested judges, gently caress around.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lessail posted:

well you say you aren't going to then everyone is going and you have a bit to drink and next thing you know you voted all blue downballot and you're passed out on the couch with a dildo sticking out of your rear end

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i voted because a 10/10 said we'd go on a date afterward so i "hosed around" in the booth (by voting) and "found out" (that they ran away)

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
The Second Gentleman sounds like the name of a sherlock holmes story

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

silicone thrills posted:

:highfive: if i had to actually make any effort at all to vote I absolute would not since it doesn't do poo poo. But voting in washington is like lmao whatever. just bubble in the local poo poo i care about, write in some names on uncontested judges, gently caress around.

It's insane how many uncontested judges there were this year lmao. It was like all but one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

God I hate twitter. Especially Musk hell-twitter where there are no blue checkmarks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Schumer is untoucable, he often gets what can only be assumed as a sizeable Republicans base voting for him. Plus this time his oppostion is with a guy woth a name that sounds so fake I think hes not real, Joe Pinion

what if schumer achieves the liberal dream of ultimate failure and loses to someone who doesn't exist

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

67, its a 2/3 majority to remove a president from office

The constitution specifically says "And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."

All those Federalist society chudges could just make a 6-3 decision that the Constitution literally means two thirds of whoever is present, and just block the demon rat senators from sitting in the Impeachment session.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

what if schumer achieves the liberal dream of ultimate failure and loses to someone who doesn't exist

he is already doing that with the imaginary friends who entirely control his political views and actions

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Hirsute posted:

It'd be a good name for a male strip club

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Stop giving me hope bro thats cruel

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

they gave me a sticker that I could put somewhere and show off to my friends that's at least half the reason i voted. or because they want to make burglary a crime you can be held without bond for

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

liberals love their stupid fuckin analogies so much and are always so impressed with themselves when they poo poo one out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lessail posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I got one of those flyers that said if you don't vote, that goes on your public reocrd! And instead of going oh no I went lol cool.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Parity warning posted:

liberals love their stupid fuckin analogies so much and are always so impressed with themselves when they poo poo one out

The impressive thing is that he can't recognize that the logical response is to :sever: and avoid both completely toxic people.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

silicone thrills posted:

So many uncontested judges. DEMOCRACY!!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

really queer Christmas posted:

I got one of those flyers that said if you don't vote, that goes on your public reocrd! And instead of going oh no I went lol cool.

:twisted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

Anyone posted this here yet because I keep seeing on social media and it succs.

So... um... if there's a fire and children are inside, your first duty is to get the kids out of the house. Saving the house is not the priority...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lessail posted:

I voted, but voted for not a single dem or republican, my ballot was mostly empty.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Hirsute posted:

a second gentleman has hit the whitehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

there were ballot measures, I voted on those and the least bad AG option