Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

i say swears online posted:

can you link it? i've never heard of it before and i'm not sure i've seen it on his twitter

It doesn't seem to have a consistent upload place yet? But they just started a YT upload channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmiXKcdz-YDi7Ti73cR5VA/videos

It has Jeremy Kaplowitz from the Hard Drive, and they have a great natural rapport that balances out some of Alex's more obnoxious tendencies. The guests have been fun too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
https://twitter.com/fivefourpod/status/1590030459013996545?s=20&t=KGSMUUXyhfVvJ-a5qn71rQ

Doc Fission posted:

It doesn't seem to have a consistent upload place yet? But they just started a YT upload channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmiXKcdz-YDi7Ti73cR5VA/videos

It has Jeremy Kaplowitz from the Hard Drive, and they have a great natural rapport that balances out some of Alex's more obnoxious tendencies. The guests have been fun too!

Have you listened to Jeremy's other podcast "Deep Dive in the Shallow End"? I really like it.

https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/deepdiveshallowend

Reik has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Nov 8, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I'm a half hour into the lore section and I am gripped. This is west coast Action Park

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Now that 2/3 of the 5-4 crew are unemployed I hope they go sicko mode

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

tokin opposition posted:

Now that 2/3 of the 5-4 crew are unemployed I hope they go sicko mode

whyd peter get fired anyway, Im curious but not enough to give them money

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Doc Fission posted:

Do we have :pirate: feeds for Pod drat America or Ballin' Out Super? Just curious. I pay for the bonus feed for the latter but it's not very good right now so I'm debating taking a pause and spending my $5 on drugs or something.

PDA, yes https://kingdex.xyz/feeds/Pod%20Damn%20America%20-%20The%20Damned%20Feed_torrent_rss.xml (you need to set it up in qbittorrent or something, it can auto-dl RSS feeds)
Ballin', no

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

PDA, yes https://kingdex.xyz/feeds/Pod%20Damn%20America%20-%20The%20Damned%20Feed_torrent_rss.xml (you need to set it up in qbittorrent or something, it can auto-dl RSS feeds)
Ballin', no

not sure if i'm doing that wrong but "add link" in qbittorrent gave me an error; tried it with and without the %s

edit, this: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6770522c3402bc645a002ab06e2349a662108ee2&dn=2022-08-25+-+Pod+drat+America+-+The+Damned+Feed+-+Podcast+For+Political+Innovation.mp3&xl=90289353&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

gave me a download to an episode from august haha

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Nov 8, 2022

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Finally getting around to listening to If Books Could Kill and it's good, can't wait for them to do an episode on something that I own or have read. Their comment at the end about how the most powerful people in society are susceptible to, if not enthusiastic about, the same dumb bullshit that's normally associated with the broader population has been one of my more important realizations since Trump became president.

E: I am however going to write an angry email about how the word "data" is plural. "The data are indicative of blah blah blah" :argh:

I have read Freakonomics and noticed all the poo poo they pointed out at that time. The chapter about black names stood out particularly for its overt racism. I was hoping they'd also mention the chapter about why drug dealers are often poor which really combined the specious reasoning, racism, and ideology of the author but as they said there's so much in there they can't pick it all.

But yeah, good podcast.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i say swears online posted:

not sure if i'm doing that wrong but "add link" in qbittorrent gave me an error; tried it with and without the %s

edit, this: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6770522c3402bc645a002ab06e2349a662108ee2&dn=2022-08-25+-+Pod+drat+America+-+The+Damned+Feed+-+Podcast+For+Political+Innovation.mp3&xl=90289353&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

gave me a download to an episode from august haha

oh yeah looks like the last one is from august 25, 2022. https://kingdex.xyz/feeds/a2_episode_magnets/Pod%20Damn%20America%20-%20The%20Damned%20Feed/ maybe that one died. i dunno ive never listened to it but that appears to be the case

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

whyd peter get fired anyway, Im curious but not enough to give them money

Failure to disclose his podcast job is the official reason but they likely weren't very thrilled about the content/notoriety and wanted him gone as soon as they learned about the podcast

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LastInLine posted:

I have read Freakonomics and noticed all the poo poo they pointed out at that time. The chapter about black names stood out particularly for its overt racism. I was hoping they'd also mention the chapter about why drug dealers are often poor which really combined the specious reasoning, racism, and ideology of the author but as they said there's so much in there they can't pick it all.

But yeah, good podcast.

I haven't read Freakonomics but I have heard the "legal abortion made the crime rate go down" argument in passing years ago.

Come to think of it, my wife has a bookshelf full of stuff designed to make her look smart while on video calls for work (none of which she has actually read, for better or worse), I'll have to keep an eye out for anything on there that gets covered by the show. I know for a fact that there's a copy of Outliers on there and it sounds like next episode is going to be on Malcolm Gladwell.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the Chapos aren't gonna be streaming tonight, what's another good option?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Freakonomics in highschool was like the baby's first lib tome. It was either that or Harry Potter for my middle school. I was a child, how did I get a copy of that?!? I think it was next to the Tucker Max and the Maddox book at Barns and Noble... Yeah, the bookshelf for 2006 era disaffected joyless nerds.

Book bad. And now that I'm thinking about it and getting all nostalgic: Utah was right to ban the Harry Potter books.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

LastInLine posted:

Someone here recommended Fall of Civilizations and I really enjoyed it. Is there anything similar where I can listen to a calm person tell me about something for four hours or so? I have painting to do so no ads would be appreciated.

each episode is about 30 minutes and there are a million of them.

alternatives are Programmed to Chill, Inward Empire and American Exception

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

each episode is about 30 minutes and there are a million of them.

alternatives are Programmed to Chill, Inward Empire and American Exception

I'm listening to a lot about Mao at the moment but hey why not more. Thanks

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Someone tell me about Legion of Skanks. I'm seeing it mentioned as a right wing podcast or at least an on-ramp but I know Stav has been affiliated with it before. I tried listening to an ep and heard a handful of slurs in the first 5 minutes and noped out.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it's only funny when nick enters the room and the average IQ hits the double digits

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I wouldn’t call it right wing, but it’s got Dave smith who is definitely a libertarian nut job. I think they are kind of free speech absolutist comedians. anything is funny, anybody can be made fun of. I don’t find Dave smith, Luis j Gomez or big jay particularly funny. they have funny people on sometimes, and it excels when they make fun of Luis. it’s fun when Nick Mullen goes on but not really worth listening to otherwise.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

I wouldn’t call it right wing, but it’s got Dave smith who is definitely a libertarian nut job. I think they are kind of free speech absolutist comedians. anything is funny, anybody can be made fun of. I don’t find Dave smith, Luis j Gomez or big jay particularly funny. they have funny people on sometimes, and it excels when they make fun of Luis. it’s fun when Nick Mullen goes on but not really worth listening to otherwise.

I haven't heard of this podcast but I cannot tolerate this Big Jay slander. His stories on Marc Maron like a decade ago are still some of the funniest things I've ever heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUF-MRUrMq4&t=943s

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Gripweed posted:

If the Chapos aren't gonna be streaming tonight, what's another good option?

just tuned into the majority report stream, look like alex pareene's been on for the past hour or so, maybe all night?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Y4g88HJBs

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i rather stick needles into my pee hole then watch sam seder

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Popy posted:

i rather stick needles into my pee hole then watch sam seder
I can do both things at once, thank you very much

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

Freakonomics in highschool was like the baby's first lib tome. It was either that or Harry Potter for my middle school. I was a child, how did I get a copy of that?!? I think it was next to the Tucker Max and the Maddox book at Barns and Noble... Yeah, the bookshelf for 2006 era disaffected joyless nerds.

Book bad. And now that I'm thinking about it and getting all nostalgic: Utah was right to ban the Harry Potter books.

For some reason this reminded me that there's still a copy of Jim Cramer's Mad Money on a bookshelf in my parents' house. I doubt this show will cover it and my dad probably hasn't opened it in at least a decade but I got a chuckle out of noticing that last time I was visiting them.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trauma Zone episode 3. Ugh.

Going back to the fridge for episode 4 of this trash.

E: after the dissolution, man on the street video where he complains about birthrate and women insisting on a condom. Zero context. Zero commentary. Like it is intended not to educate or inform.

Ee: random footage from Kyrgyzstan (which the audience needs to be reminded is 3750km from Moscow) some street karaoke from various ethnicities

Siberia, a woman's body was found in the permafrost, dated from 2,500 years ago... another victim of communism

EEE: STALIN's research laboratory in Sukhumi, Georgia, where they tried to crossbreed humans and apes!!! allegedly

Corky Romanovsky has issued a correction as of 12:36 on Nov 9, 2022

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i liked PEOPLE BEING FORCIBLY REMOVED TO ASYLUMS or whatever where they just told the guy he had to go in the back of the car, no cuffs or batons or please stop resisting sirs

its good to be able to reflect on instants in a society sans context to observe the raw actions in fresh light, but of course some people will do that and use it to find new perspective on their own society, but most people are going to just go hbo chernobyl and be "im glad we're not as dumb and disfunctional and barbaric as those people" as they unwrap their daily amazon impulse gadget shipped halfway around the world filled with slave minerals that theyll throw into the trash in three months while the oceans start lapping at their door sills

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

and of course you have to appreciate the narratives he weaves. saying "the chernobyl core was gone" isnt correct but its the right thing to say there given hes using it to illustrate the confusion and collapse of the state once its guiding ideology had eroded

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the chapos gotta have more women on the pod because theyre the only ones that push back on the r worded things the boys say

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
being r-worded is for the fellas.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tankbuster posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dudes' rock candy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

i liked PEOPLE BEING FORCIBLY REMOVED TO ASYLUMS or whatever where they just told the guy he had to go in the back of the car, no cuffs or batons or please stop resisting sirs

its good to be able to reflect on instants in a society sans context to observe the raw actions in fresh light, but of course some people will do that and use it to find new perspective on their own society, but most people are going to just go hbo chernobyl and be "im glad we're not as dumb and disfunctional and barbaric as those people" as they unwrap their daily amazon impulse gadget shipped halfway around the world filled with slave minerals that theyll throw into the trash in three months while the oceans start lapping at their door sills

oh for sure. absolutely.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the chapos gotta have more women on the pod because theyre the only ones that push back on the r worded things the boys say

Yeah

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Tankbuster posted:

According to the work of Dr. T. Oppression testosterone is actually an IQ suppressant

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

some plague rats posted:

oh for sure. absolutely.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

oh for sure. absolutely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

some plague rats posted:

oh for sure. absolutely.