Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mummy Napkin
also, is save the world fun? thinking about diving in on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Ohtori Akio posted:

[byob] tags up

kalel

the master said to the student,

Mummy Napkin posted:

in fortnite if I want to run around like a dunce and smell the roses, I can. if I wanna get aggressive and drop in a hot zone, I can. if I wanna dance on ur rear end, I certainly will.

and the student bowed his head deeply, and was enlightened

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Battlefield 1942 was my shiiiiiiittttt
Greatest gamin memories of all time.
BF2 was mind-blowing but the hit detection was garbage.
BF3 was awesome too, my favorite was to load up a jeep with c4 and run it right up next to a tank, then shoot the c4 with an explosive shotgun round. It'd blow up the tank but credit you as having done it with a shotgun, so they'd always flip out on you for hacking lol

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I really miss the time of independent servers and being able to chill with the regulars on em

kalel

I miss my Xbox live friend list of randos that I met from Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer

sb hermit

Sarah Cenia posted:

I really miss the time of independent servers and being able to chill with the regulars on em

I used to run 16 player quake servers back in the day and it was so incredible to see that many actual players in an fps when before, like doom, you had just four

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Super Nanaru is a cheap masocore type game I got on Switch with an awesome chiptune theme and lots of funny cats.

vanisher

not sure if I’m going to buy Fancy New Shooter Remake

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Heather Papps

hello friend

i really like wrestling empire

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Mummy Napkin posted:

I’m not sure what carries over, but yeah they pretty much nuked overwatch and dropped 2 on top of it AFAIK.

"free guy" but taika waititi wins in the end instead of ryan reynolds

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

sb hermit posted:

I used to run 16 player quake servers back in the day and it was so incredible to see that many actual players in an fps when before, like doom, you had just four

I played a CTF mod with an incredibly active community in the late 90's, and the 16-player chaos was exhilarating.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Dark Souls : Remastered. Again. I just can't quit the series but after Elden Ring DS1 kinda sucks. Stuck on a section? Welcome to hell, you're stuck until you get halfway thru the game and can unlock teleporting. Gargoyles, Capra Demon, Gaping Dragon and Queeleg are the worst way to start a game.

Farecoal

There he go
Capra Demon is the only boss that's actually bad out of those, and that's only because of the tiny arena and dog friends. I've barely played Elden Ring despite being a massive Soulsborne nerd. Something about the open world structure doesn't appeal to me

sb hermit

Abugadu posted:

I played a CTF mod with an incredibly active community in the late 90's, and the 16-player chaos was exhilarating.

:hfive:

Mummy Napkin
I hate the term boomer shooter but Prodeus is an excellent one of those.

been playing some tf2 after being away from it for several years and it’s weird that there’s matchmaking and junk in it now

Mummy Napkin
dude the tf2 bots are insane I didn’t know it was like this

Scuba Trooper

Mummy Napkin posted:

dude the tf2 bots are insane I didn’t know it was like this

i heard they used to be even worse but the game's better about kicking them out now

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I keep trying to play Psychonauts 2 but not having much fun with it. I keep thinking the sum of it will be better than the individual parts but so far the platforming doesn't feel very good, the collecting feels off, I don't like the combat much, and it's only funny occasionally. It's kinda bumming me out because I want to like it but nothing about it has been fun so far. I've played 5 hours of it and kinda feel like if it hasn't grabbed me by now it's not going to.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Scuba Trooper

i feel you there; i liked it but didnt like it if that makes any sense. i should take another stab at it maybe

sb hermit

Scuba Trooper posted:

i heard they used to be even worse but the game's better about kicking them out now

sorry to be off topic but I had assumed that they were player bots installed by the server operator

Is everyone referring to the recent practice of people simply logging into servers and doing the bare minimum with bots to stay logged on? I thought that was a thing like 15 years ago but I didn't know it was so widespread, and still so prevalent.

Mummy Napkin

sb hermit posted:

sorry to be off topic but I had assumed that they were player bots installed by the server operator

Is everyone referring to the recent practice of people simply logging into servers and doing the bare minimum with bots to stay logged on? I thought that was a thing like 15 years ago but I didn't know it was so widespread, and still so prevalent.

nah the bots I’m talking about are 360 spinning aimbot snipers and they seem to flood the casual matchmaking and it’s just bizarre

Scuba Trooper

i havent played tf2 in ages but i refuse to uninstall it

Ohtori Akio
I hit credits on psychonauts 2, ultimately it is psychonauts 2. The first game was also 7/10 in the most complimentary way possible.

sb hermit

Mummy Napkin posted:

nah the bots I’m talking about are 360 spinning aimbot snipers and they seem to flood the casual matchmaking and it’s just bizarre

that ... uh ... that does sound pretty insane

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

TF2 always had a bot "problem" in that a ton of community servers were just full of bots to pad player count. This video from "back in the day" was a funny way to tell new players how to identify the situation and leave for a better server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYN7RxpumU8

Aimbots are generally not actually bots, though. They are people using cheats and Valve mostly (and sadly) gave up on keeping the blacklist updated to deal with these.

Much like posting on the internet, the best way to play TF2 is still private servers that have some form of moderation.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Jolo

Ohtori Akio posted:

I hit credits on psychonauts 2, ultimately it is psychonauts 2. The first game was also 7/10 in the most complimentary way possible.

I played a little more and it's been alright. I think I returned to the game in a pretty bland spot. The story hits a point where you get a list of things to do that feels like busywork and then a large new optional area opens up with a bunch of other busywork.

Jolo

I downloaded Dead Cells on Game Pass and it has been pretty fun. Occasionally a RogueLite game like this really grabs me. I've put a lot of hours into Spelunky, Hades, and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah, Dead Cells rules.
Got Hollow Knight around the same time as it, but i just can't get into it.

wish you could sell downloaded switch games cause I'm really good at buying games and dropping them after 30 minutes

Jolo

Blah, uninstalling Psychonauts 2 bummed me out but it just felt bad to play.

Here's an example. A level has you carrying food around using telekinesis and tossing them onto targets to chop/fry/boil/blend them. It's a fun idea but the telekinesis doesn't work correctly maybe 1/5 times you use it. For starters, telekinesis works two different ways depending on how you pick something up using it. If you press the button once it picks something up and holds the item until you press it again to throw it. If you hold the button to pick something up it holds an item but only as long as you keep the button held, if you let go it throws whatever you're holding. In a half hour or so in this cooking level I've lost an item 4-5 times because it didn't go where I wanted to throw it and another 3-4 times from falling after not landing on a grind rail I jumped onto.

I don't know what game these reviewers were playing but it doesn't feel like I am playing the same one. I don't have the patience for this even though I am curious to see where the story goes and would love to enjoy this one as much as many others have.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i never even got more then like a half hour into the first one. if i had played it when it came out i think i would have.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ohtori Akio
Double Fine are maybe the canonical example of a studio that doesn't actually have the chops or resources to do full 3d gameplay and should definitely stick with 2d mechanics. Hopefully they can eventually change that under new ownership.

more falafel please

forums poster

i have a friend who used to work at doublefine as an ai programmer. i should hit her up and see how she's doing

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

You know what time it is?
Skyrim time.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Finger Prince posted:

Skyrim time.

Which version?

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Finger Prince posted:

Skyrim time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Y2CsfzaOs

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

idiotsavant
art/creative design in Psychonauts was bonkers off the charts good but yeah, actual mechanics were just so-so

been playing a lot lot of risk of rain 2; i finally unlocked rex & i didn't think i'd like him but he's actually a rad character

Prof. Crocodile

Finger Prince posted:

Skyrim time.

have you tried mercenary work? it might suit you.

Iambic Pentameter

Global top 100 Mappy player here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
I got Pokémon Scarlet today and am now happily tucked into a blanket nest about to meet my new duck son or daughter

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love: