Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Haha. that banner is so hip

they banged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
edit: this post feels a bit mean spirited in retrospect

Convex fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 9, 2022

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

What I hear about Mastadon is that it is twitterised reddit. Your feed is r/all and all the instances are subreddits.

So that system (in gist), but without reddits actual comment format. Also the subreddits can ignore each other.

From what I'm seeing:

-If you're just there to see the content other people post, it's twitter with some slight clunking in how you follow people; you got a feed of people you follow, one for the server and one for everything

-If you're posting/retweeting stuff yourself then the server you choose will be the one most likely to actually /see/ it unless you're personally popular enough to have lots of people from other places following/retweeting you and various servers can have different rules about what's permissable

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ester, if you are reading this, I do not know if what I rib here is true, and I am sorry for the ribbing either way, but it is unwise to bang Elon.

Elon, if you are reading this, friendly word of advice: it is unwise to leave a bunch of disappointed women in your wake. Stop chasing pussy, you dipshit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A lot of folks have asked about how we'll be able to run a company that needs 7000 employees with only half that, which is why we’re introducing "Twitter labor partners". These are people who are going to be performing labor at Twitter in exchange for wages and benefits and a labor contract. We are currently looking for 3700 labor partners.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GABA ghoul posted:

A lot of folks have asked about how we'll be able to run a company that needs 7000 employees with only half that, which is why we’re introducing "Twitter labor partners". These are people who are going to be performing labor at Twitter in exchange for wages and benefits and a labor contract. We are currently looking for 3700 labor partners.

Oooh do I get a free blue checkmark

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Waffle House posted:

Haha. that banner is so hip

they banged

He hosed her almost as hard as he's loving twitter

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
As the ship sinks into the cold sea, you could add more cooler check marks, like animated ones with sparkles.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

If what someone said about mastodon owning copyright to everything posted there is true, that's kinda hosed and should change.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Doesn't this just undercut any demand from those organizations most willing and able to pay $8/month for verification?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Man, if you had asked me 20 years ago I would not have pegged Jim Carey, Getfiscal and the Eve 6 guy as future Twitter superstars

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Also so funny that Elon musk is just re-inventing something and ending up with something worse just like Bitcoiners and crypto-bros.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

He hosed her almost as hard as he's loving twitter

absolutely no way he fucks hard

elon goes in lying on his side half limp with his favourite song on the hifi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN6jkWxxm2Y&t=18s

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Dudes, it's gross to be speculating on if a given women at Twitter is sleeping with her boss. She can be condemned for plenty of other lovely things without goons falling back to chud-style "bad woman = SLUT." Dick riding is a state of mind, it doesn't have to be literal to be terminally embarrassing.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I kind of like the thumbs up cat banner I just wished it wasn't attached to what it is

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Squidster posted:

Dudes, it's gross to be speculating on if a given women at Twitter is sleeping with her boss. She can be condemned for plenty of other lovely things without goons falling back to chud-style "bad woman = SLUT." Dick riding is a state of mind, it doesn't have to be literal to be terminally embarrassing.

also this

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Squidster posted:

It's not about a woman sleeping with her boss, it's about a serial sex pest abuser entering a new place and continuing his history of sex pest abuse.

Or, you know, making fun of Muck in the make fun of Muck thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I kind of want to see the right wings rationalization considering how hard they went in on this peasants thing

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Squidster posted:

If Elon was into dudes would we be insinuating the same thing about them if they were a dude?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon knocked up another woman that worked for him. It is still kinda gross speculating that anyone that works for him is sleeping with him.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Squidster posted:

Please stop doing this and attempting to police people's poo poo talking; this makes you look, IMO, weird for jumping in to take this bullet on a stretch of a tangent, but also does not horseshoe back into slut shaming, no matter how much you want it to.

The dude is a serial fool who dumps one absolute knockout 10 after another and does not realize he has permanently banked his career hard into being a Lowtax by the time required for Twitter, much less in all his families.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Also it's missing the picture that Electric Motors is loving Twitter itself the hardest lmao

Twitter Blue and the Official Mark are probably the truest, untainted representation of Elon's mind and capabilities.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah uh, I never read those Esther posts and had my mind go to "and therefore they must be banging."

One of those things that says more about the people making the jokes than the situation the jokes are about.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Lmao @ all the gen x icons making GBS threads on musk

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
stop being weird about women, when we have Eelon

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's not about a woman sleeping with her boss, it's about a serial sex pest abuser entering a new place and continuing his history of sex pest abuse.

Or, you know, making fun of Muck in the make fun of Muck thread.
We can totally rip on him being a gross sex pest without implying the women near him deserve it or like it. We could talk about how firing the entire human resources department is a distressing creep move, and/or realize that anyone with sexting DMs should nuke them immediately for their own safety.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Squidster posted:

Shut up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Elon Musk whined and begged me hard enough constantly that I finally gave him a pity date, he took me to Olive Garden but after food told me he couldn't afford it and things were just tight right now and that he'd get me back for it.

He never will and we both know it, but it was kind of worth it to know he pronounces stuff like "parmee-jaaaarna" and "tag-lie-tell" and "so-vig-none".

The waitress says he does this a lot, and we just kind of looked over at this man and felt bad.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Squidster posted:

We can totally rip on him being a gross sex pest without implying the women near him deserve it or like it.We could talk about how firing the entire human resources department is a distressing creep move, and/or realize that anyone with sexting DMs should nuke them immediately for their own safety.

(1)I don't think anyone said this
(2) lol this is so oddly specific, what are you on about here

e: :stare: Actually I just re-read that; hey, are you okay? Not in the psychological help concern trolling way but is there something we should know? That was a lot there, and I think I might be reading between the lines too hard.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 9, 2022

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

I haven't laughed this hard in ages

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
You know what? I take it back. Elon is funny. 44 billion dollarydoos for a second verification check mark that's separate from the one you pay money for and to have the gall to announce this like it's any different from the thing he was previously railing against is really loving funny.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
enough about Ester, move on or I’ll move you myself

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Unperson_47 posted:

If what someone said about mastodon owning copyright to everything posted there is true, that's kinda hosed and should change.

No that's cohost the uwu soft Tumblr clone that doesn't have VC backing*

* It has some shadow funder that owns all the code if they don't turn a profit

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
edit: crap i waited too long and the topic is over

my 6yo's reason for hating Elon Musk is because he apparently has a Roblox account and hasn't followed anyone even though many people follow him

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

teen witch posted:

enough about Ester, move on or I’ll move you myself

You will need to probe me for this, but: Based on the circumstances, that is a Gloria Allred kind of statutory issue, and it is a problem for any business or anything the dude touches. That is not cute.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Their is an $8 joke here somewhere.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

You know what? I take it back. Elon is funny. 44 billion dollarydoos for a second verification check mark that's separate from the one you pay money for and to have the gall to announce this like it's any different from the thing he was previously railing against is really loving funny.

This is probably because it was easier for the remaining devs to implement a new “blue check” than to go back fix the clusterfuck caused by letting anyone buy it in the first place, I’d bet money that they didn’t have time or the expertise to undo the fuckery.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

afkmacro posted:

This is probably because it was easier for the remaining devs to implement a new “blue check” than to go back fix the clusterfuck caused by letting anyone buy it in the first place, I’d bet money that they didn’t have time or the expertise to undo the fuckery.

You know he's going to take credit for it like it's his super awesome genius idea.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Waffle House posted:

(1)I don't think anyone said this
(2) lol this is so oddly specific, what are you on about here

e: :stare: Actually I just re-read that; hey, are you okay? Not in the psychological help concern trolling way but is there something we should know? That was a lot there, and I think I might be reading between the lines too hard.
Thanks for the concern, but I'm fine! My only use of Twitter is to sell comics, not for any bone-related reasons.

I think there's been a lot of focus on Elon having access to private DMs for Union-busting reasons, but there's plenty of other reasons Elon in particular shouldn't have access to anyone's private DMs. You think he hasn't snooped on Chelsea Manning's DMs to his ex-wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

davecrazy posted:

Their is an $8 joke here somewhere.

:lol: :nice: