Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Has anyone cracked how to keep playing the indie game included in Bayonetta 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

MorningMoon posted:

Has anyone cracked how to keep playing the indie game included in Bayonetta 3?

If you mean the storybook, as far as I know it's just a little teaser for whatever it is. I don't think there's more to it in this game, unless it's some super secret nobody has solved.

You can get a costume if you backtrack a bit after blooming all the plants; a chest appears in one of the empty side areas

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Snake Maze posted:

If you mean the storybook, as far as I know it's just a little teaser for whatever it is. I don't think there's more to it in this game, unless it's some super secret nobody has solved.

You can get a costume if you backtrack a bit after blooming all the plants; a chest appears in one of the empty side areas

yeah, i got the costume, i hoped that putting it on would change something. Dang, what a tease! You can see wo much you should be able to interact with. Ah well.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

taco show posted:

I caved and bought harvestella because I like pretty farming sims and it’s actually way better than the demo.

Without the weird 15 day time constraints it’s not stressful at all. They also lengthened the days so you can get a lot done (foraging, fighting, farming, finding secret chests, etc). The music is stellar.

Once you hit chapter 3 the world really opens up- you can go questing to the towns in whatever order, talk to people to build relationships (there’s a cool mechanism here where as you get to know townspeople they’re no longer “middle aged woman”).

The combat is fine. I do actually like the dungeon design with the shortcuts and it taking multiple days to clear. The boss battles are a little rough but I’m poo poo at action RPGs so ymmv. Also, because there’s no dodge you are forced to use consumables a lot, which makes sense- the game wants you to farm to table your hp sandos.

Not sure this is worth $60 quite yet? But I like semi plot and goal driven builders/farm sims (praying for a dragon quest builders 3) so I’m not mad I bought it

It feels like a 3d Legend of Mana to me

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Went with grass in SwSh and it was alright. This time I'm tempted to go back to fire, the One True Starter, with SV's lil chompy :buddy:.

I'm always going with the Most Cutest Starter. In Sword, this was the Fire Bunny. This time, it's the Grass Kitty. Cute always wins. That's the Poke-Rule.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When I was a child I decided that grass starters are for smart people (me), fire is for dummies and water is for younger siblings.

I, a complete idiot and the youngest of three, am obviously delusional.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have never picked water my starter journey has been this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Sicko poo poo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

When I was a child I decided that grass starters are for smart people (me), fire is for dummies and water is for younger siblings.

I, a complete idiot and the youngest of three, am obviously delusional.

That's how I thought too. I still think it's mostly correct.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Persona 5 is like one of my favorite games at the moment and I don't even like jrpgs

I have been completely engrossed in it since it came out and it's great. Still does some annoying poo poo but overall doesn't annoy me as much as Persona 4 did, and overall I loved that one too.

I'm hoping I can finish it before Pokemon comes out. I've done.... 4 dungeons, but it feels like there's still a lot of game left. Guess we'll see.

Anyway flawed game indeed but I am a huge sucker for good aesthetics in games and P5 absolutely nails that.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Persona 5 Is like a 120 hour game gl

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Don’t worry you’ll want to break your switch in half and flush it down the toilet by the 30 hour mark.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

Don’t worry you’ll want to break your switch in half and flush it down the toilet by the 30 hour mark.

Then it can join your posting!

We got 'em

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

hatty posted:

adding mine onto yours so it becomes a tangled mess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thank you

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Scholtz posted:

adding mine onto yours so it becomes a tangled mess

huh never realised i had such a preference for grass. I can't really remember who I picked in gen 1 though so bulbasaur is just a guess.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Looper posted:

farm games should have short days
Maybe, if you get to drive awesome tractors, and dump manure on the neighborhood, etc.
If you're planting and watering individual plants and trees, then give me real time like animal crossing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Metis of the Hallway posted:

huh never realised i had such a preference for grass. I can't really remember who I picked in gen 1 though so bulbasaur is just a guess.

I skipped sword and shield

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

MorningMoon posted:

I skipped sword and shield

I played Gen 5 but refuse to choose one of those abominations.

Also cool we're talking about Pokemon here, cause the thread started talking about leaks without spoiler tags on the one gen I decided to not look at close to release leaks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hatty posted:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also cool we're talking about Pokemon here, cause the thread started talking about leaks without spoiler tags on the one gen I decided to not look at close to release leaks.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The real question is are you getting Pokemon Milf or Pokemon Dilf version

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Morpheus posted:

The real question is are you getting Pokemon Milf or Pokemon Dilf version

i'm holding out for the special edition Pokemon Gilf

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

That was both versions of SwSh

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Blaziken386 posted:

got the pokemon OLED in the mail today, a full week early. Yay!

unfrotauntely, for whatever reason, it's refusing to actually connect to my other switch and, as such, I cannot transfer save games + version updates + miis. boo.

Ive restarted both, rebooted both, updated both, cleared the internet connections of both, but I keep getting "cannot communicate with other switch(s)" (error 2211-0257)

not only does the error code only show up on the japanese site, but the solution is "bring the consoles closer together" - they're literally sitting right next to one another??
attempted to do this again with animal crossing, got the airports open, signed in on a different account (because APPARENTLY you're not allowed to use the same profile simultaneously), it showed the island name (so i know it's connecting in some way), and then went "no, communication error, gently caress you"

nintendo's official solution to this is "have you tried going online? :downs:" which is. not. helpful.

i just want to connect my two consoles together is that too much to ask

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I played one Pokémon. It was Pokémon Blue and I chose Bulbasaur.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mons Hubris posted:

I played one Pokémon. It was Pokémon Blue and I chose Bulbasaur.

I only played blue, and i started over when i found out my starter's attacks were super ineffective at the first gym.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Owned

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Turns out there is no carol in HR.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Based on the data everyone hates Chikorita, Tepig, Grookey, and the new duck. Wonder if there’s a pattern

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

NO MUDKIPS BUT ONE?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

i just want to connect my two consoles together is that too much to ask

:suicide:

apparently england builds radios wrong so the only way to connect is to get NSO on a second account and use that

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Upsidads posted:

NO MUDKIPS BUT ONE?

Thread is full of sickos

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Upsidads posted:

NO MUDKIPS BUT ONE?
Here, let's fix that

(you wouldn't think so, given my name, but mudkip was my first)
(also this is only including first playthoughs. If not, I'd have circled everything except chespin.)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

:suicide:

apparently england builds radios wrong so the only way to connect is to get NSO on a second account and use that

This is BS, I connected my first gen USA Switch to my new UK Splatoon OLED Switch a few months ago and transferred saves and accounts!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

heres mine :)

Booky fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 20, 2023

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Alan_Shore posted:

This is BS, I connected my first gen USA Switch to my new UK Splatoon OLED Switch a few months ago and transferred saves and accounts!

Yeah I literally transferred my US Switch to the Pokemon OLED I imported from the UK this past Friday without any issue

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Alan_Shore posted:

woke kaczynski posted:

Yeah I literally transferred my US Switch to the Pokemon OLED I imported from the UK this past Friday without any issue
quoth the customer service guy: "sometimes it works, but we can't guarantee that they'll all work"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do the switches connect over bluetooth or wifi? That just seems really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

Are any of the third party docks worth purchasing? I want to be able to easily switch rooms, and the third party ones are a lot cheaper than even the refurbished. I remember hearing rumors about those docks bricking your unit, but no idea how long ago that was...