Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
BLOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

B B posted:

spanberger, one of the dems i was most looking forward to getting destroyed, is currently losing by 10 points lmao

lmao good

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Yes the mood was the color of blood earlier today

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

less results in so far, hard to say. numerically it’s losing (good) but some of the margins in high republican turn out counties are solid as expected.

it might need help from Jefferson/Fayette and, “we’ll see”.

is amendment 1 the one that allows the special legislative session to recall the governer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

how bad are the dems getting destroyed on a scale of shellacking to apocalyptic

Spanberger in Virginia won her first election and reelection both by almost 2 percent each

She's currently losing by almost a full 10%

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1590150802714152960?s=20&t=1Rk7dBeaRiv4G08qEIbrag

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They’ve captured the id of self-described progressives. Law and order ‘progressives’ are loving everywhere these days it’s absolutely wild
Hmm maybe we should cut their power then

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
in local Kentucky news, the Louisville Metro Council - district 5 race is going to be won by the incumbent dem 90:10.

she is running against an independent challenger who is currently in jail for attempting to murder Craig Greenberg, the likely soon to be elected mayor of Louisville. unfortunately he’s being held in a facility out of county so even if he won he’d be unable to take his seat.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
don't like republicans taking control and the rise of a Christian fascist state?

v o t e

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the virginia model

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is biden going to immediately say that hes not running for re-election after they get destroyed or is he going to keep pussyfooting around 2024

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Spanberger in Virginia won her first election and reelection both by almost 2 percent each

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1590150802714152960?s=20&t=1Rk7dBeaRiv4G08qEIbrag

Virginia is a late blueshift state though

But Dems are still sucking poo poo there even considering

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is biden going to immediately say that hes not running for re-election after they get destroyed or is he going to keep pussyfooting around 2024

we are going to have to wait until the dust settles. biden is a lock for 2024 unless the dems suffer a catastrophic, historical loss tonight AND he is willing to go quietly

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's running.

Also I know I'm going out on a limb here but no matter what happens to the Democrat party tonight I predict no change in leadership, not even a switch to the hand-picked successors of the current leadership, in the House or Senate. Nancy will run for minority leader position and she'll get it.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If a safe D seat or two flips then maybe. Other than that he’s likely not going to budge.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

She's a CIA spook that won Eric Cantors old district and spent the next 4 years crying about how defund the police was hurting her specifically

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Oglethorpe posted:

is amendment 1 the one that allows the special legislative session to recall the governer

yeah it basically lets the legislators call their own special sessions, which is a power reserved for the governor.

some local analysts were saying it faced a hard road because it’s like seven paragraphs long and the average voter sees that much text on a ballot question and instantly distrusts it.

the ads they ran against it were clever because they framed it as “the greedy legislators want to vote themselves a pay raise!”

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

are the democrats destroyed yet

they are both destroyed and annihilated until the election result is observed

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Laterite posted:

lmao increased immiseration exacerbated by climate change is going to be blamed on dems forever

We've had thirty years of Dems pushing policy that was visibly bad for the working class to avert doomsday scenarios that never happened; People notice things.

Anyone who might actually care that our baseline is worse than people were conservatively predicting has already been long embittered by the lack of movement from the party who has chosen to make this their issue, but not actually do anything with it

If we'd had decades of consistent messaging, that we'd be experiencing global famines by the late 2020s and a gradual decline over decades, and focused on solutions that existed on those timelines, maybe we'd actually have gotten somewhere with this issue

Instead, every four years, it's a new variation of an immediate climate crisis that spells existential doom for our species, or hyperfixation on a specific small scale climate catastrophe because it's very visible and visibility is what matters for elections! Who's worried about what happens in 2025 when we need to avert the new global ice age / superhurricanes / el nino / peak oil / hypersalination / total extinction of all ocean life by 1996 / 2000 / 2004 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2020 / 2024...

They will be blamed for increased immiseration forever because they deserve to be blamed forever

Chisel it on the tombstone of our species when desertification starves out the last of us

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Nov 9, 2022

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nah they are going to have to get Obama to talk to him if they want him to leave (except they already tried that in 2020 to keep Joe from running and it didn’t work). I imagine he gets very senile-old-man angry whenever anyone tries to convince him to step down.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

lol

Cao Ni Ma posted:

he's going to convince himself that the only reason the dems ate poo poo in the midterms is because he wasn't on the ballot and people in the party will start to hear that he's telling all the big dem donors that anyone who raises the possibility of him not running is to be cut off from the party

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Nov 9, 2022

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ex post facho posted:

it's extremely funny to me that the most competitive democrat the democrats thought they could run for florida governor was a former republican

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THEYVE DONE THIS, WITH THE SAME GUY

FL Dems are the dumbest motherfuckers in the universe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Guess who got destroyed

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1590155290967969792

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmoa

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

bye bye bitcho O' dork :wave:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Finally my calves have stopped cramping

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby: well that state's a solid red

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Beat off my pork

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

lmfao the democrats are done babyeee

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Have there been any good meltdowns yet? I wanna get to the tear drinking and grave dancing part!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
blood for the blood god

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Have there been any good meltdowns yet? I wanna get to the tear drinking and grave dancing part!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I never want to hear about Beto again

They will probably give him a show on MSNBC or something though

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Beto starts his 2024 campaign tomorrow.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
He's gonna run for president next

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Coolness Averted posted:

He's gonna run for president next

Again?.no one likes a repeat

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Hillary clinton will be the 2024 Democratic Nominee

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump v Desantis is going to be great from the aspect of content

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

sadly, I don't think Beto is done yet. This will be loss 2 or 3? Crist is a four time loser now and he will probably be trotted out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

lmfao the democrats are done babyeee

I can't loving believe they ran Charlie Crist again

bedpan posted:

sadly, I don't think Beto is done yet. This will be loss 2 or 3? Crist is a four time loser now and he will probably be trotted out again.

controlled opposition