Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MikeJF posted:

That sounds interesting, you got any articles on it?

Try this documentary https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gung_Ho_(film)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
At this rate spacex will be nationalised by North Korea before the end of the year

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

big black turnout posted:

Long time no see and also I would like to know more about this

He's really arrogant, doesn't collaborate well with folks unless he feels that he and his vision is front and center, and has punlicly poo poo on friends of mine doing organizing in tech from a position of stunning ignorance. Also one time we were trying to get him on board with signing a solidarity statement with a group of tech workers who got laid off right after voting to unionize (and they eventually got the NLRB to smack their old employer on the wrist and also pay them money) and he hemmed and hawed and eventually said he didn't know enough about the situation to sign on, just absolutely pathetic. I mean I've read some stuff of his I liked, just...less so after meeting him lmao

don't let my beef distract us from dunking on the most owned man in history tho lmao

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Wait, he apparently had 25% of Tesla before the Twitter deal. How much has this guy sold off? Tesla isn't even his company any more lol

Dude is 100% gonna own Twitter and nothing else and it will rule.

What % of voting shares does he have though? Is Tesla stock voting/non-voting divided? (Which is an absurd thing that shouldn't exist)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MikeJF posted:

That sounds interesting, you got any articles on it?

I'll try to see if I can find an article, but part of it was Toyota inventing lean manufacturing in the 1950s as a result of the post war economy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep wanting to watch this to see whether there’s a good reason given in the movie why a bunch of Japanese carmakers would use a Chinese catchphrase or if it’s just that the filmmakers are racist idiots

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Elon big enough for a government bail out? I guess we'll find out sometime next year.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Data Graham posted:

I keep wanting to watch this to see whether there’s a good reason given in the movie why a bunch of Japanese carmakers would use a Chinese catchphrase or if it’s just that the filmmakers are racist idiots

it’s the second one

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
anyone who still works for twitter is voluntarily associating themselves with elon musk and his antics. they are all culpable and they can all be made fun of, no matter what some adolescent enchantress would like you to believe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah they should quit and get jobs at an ethical company like raytheon or something

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i hear there's some exciting new developments happening at meta platforms inc

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

CommieGIR posted:

I'll try to see if I can find an article, but part of it was Toyota inventing lean manufacturing in the 1950s as a result of the post war economy.

I heard something about Porsche calling Toyota in during the '90s to consult on lean production as well, but I've never managed to find the whole story. Maybe something else to go on.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Yeah honestly I don't know what I'd be doing in their shoes. At least if you got laid off you should have WARN act money coming, but the job market around here ain't great right now

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is Elon big enough for a government bail out? I guess we'll find out sometime next year.

You think he'll make it that long?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I can’t stop laughing at how Elon, in the span of a few days, managed to make the blue check functionally worthless, so a few people might pay $8,- to him, and then almost immediately made that worthless to those people by adding a whole new checkmark making all of it useless. He just can’t stop digging down and away from all the rope ladders people are trying to pass to him

Just keep doubling down Elon, you’re doing great!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The only thing I can see as a potential bail out is SpaceX, and since that's not riding on the line in this fiasco, I'd say no.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hmm, depends on which government

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Steadiman posted:

I can’t stop laughing at how Elon, in the span of a few days, managed to make the blue check functionally worthless, so a few people might pay $8,- to him, and then almost immediately made that worthless to those people by adding a whole new checkmark making all of it useless. He just can’t stop digging down and away from all the rope ladders people are trying to pass to him

If they just walked back the whole thing and either said they made a mistake or that they have heard the feedback and will revise the plan after further development they could save so much aggrevation but he just refuses to back down

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Bless Tsar Elon for freeing the serfs, please ignore the crippling personal debt that has taken it's place!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i want to be so rich that selling stock for billions of dollars is something Internet dorks laugh at me for :(

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
(also lol)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

hotdog feet posted:

i want to be so rich that selling stock for billions of dollars is something Internet dorks laugh at me for :(

It's pretty easy, you just need slave owning parents who own a blood mine and complete clinical sociopathy. Anyone can do it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

The only thing I can see as a potential bail out is SpaceX, and since that's not riding on the line in this fiasco, I'd say no.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if the government and military is quietly very concerned about the best and by far most cost effective launcher that basically has the entire US commercial market being under the control of someone so unstable.

It's a good demonstration of why they have the two-launcher policy and have been propping up ULA, but still, ULA's so far behind by comparison and all their future plans depend on stuff from Blue Origin that isn't materialising.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lol I hope he promised the Saudis a guaranteed return on their investment during a manic period and the idea of what could happen to him when he doesn't pay them back keeps him up at night

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Steadiman posted:

The richest man in the world in a $44b private hole frantically digging his way to success and you're just pissing on him like he's some kind of idiot goon. Shame on you!

LOL

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
It's not just funny that he's having to sell stock to stay afloat, it's also funny that his worshippers are going to be losing money to do it

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Can't sue me for not working enough while owning tesla if I don't own tesla anymore.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
no, no dig up, stupid

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Musk could own 0% of SpaceX, Tesla and Twitter and would still fight tooth and nail to remain CEO of all of them lest people forget he exists.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

syntaxfunction posted:

Musk could own 0% of SpaceX, Tesla and Twitter and would still fight tooth and nail to remain CEO of all of them lest people forget he exists.

Homeless Leon throwing bricks at the windows of passing cars and turning around to mug for the non existent audience

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

If he doesn't torpedo his reputation completely I could see new owners going "you can remain CEO in name so we have 'visionary Elon Musk' leading the company but just FYI you're crazy and not actually in charge anymore"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

MikeJF posted:

If he doesn't torpedo his reputation completely I could see new owners going "you can remain CEO in name so we have 'visionary Elon Musk' leading the company but just FYI you're crazy and not actually in charge anymore"

I mean, he's already just a glorified mascot

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

I mean, he's already just a glorified mascot

If only that were all he was everything would be a lot better.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Didn’t he already lose some position at Tesla for smoking pot on Joe Rogan? Was it Chairman or something?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't think anything happened with Tesla, but it caused issues with SpaceX because of their military contracts.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao morons thought Musk would be the savior in a technocratic future and lead us all to mars instead he's leading them all and himself dead broke and only known as the guy who gets dunked on by every rando on twitter

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
honestly doing more than sending rovers to and probes past/to orbit around mars to gather information, like we've been doing, is loving stupid. there's never going to be a human space colony because space is loving brutal and its approximately an eternity away to the nearest planet that could potentially maybe become habitable if we pour an endless amount of money into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me guess how the Elon stans have responded to the Official White Checkmark:

"See? There's your identity verification. Now everybody is happy!"