Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Days Yawn.
absolute garbage game.

Bloodborne is GOATed tho but sony are too loving stupid to get it working better on their new console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Only a matter of time until the XSX runs Bloodborne better than a PS5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
did anyone play the new resi8 expansion yet (is it out????)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The DLC is really bad. Haven't tried out third person mode but I'm sure it's whatever. I'll save it for whenever I feel like replaying it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
drat,,,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's really boring and slow and you use secret mushroom hand magic to fight all the generic mold enemies and you're handheld every step of the way by the ghost of Ethan who can only communicate by spelling out words in magic mold sparkles. It also just reuses all the same set pieces from the original game which I kind of expected so I can't get too mad about, but they definitely didn't do anything interesting with them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds like RE4 Separate Ways, that’s too bad

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The second “level” is ok the rest is pretty eh

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

If I found out American Mcgay was a 12 year old who saved up his allowance for a year to get an Xbox it would really explain a lot.

:goofy:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

American McGay posted:

Jesus Christ man...

lmfao i thought that was a joke post

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

How's the series x look/run at 1440p? I'm looking at grabbing a 32in monitor on Black Friday. Right now I'm using a 32in 1080p 60hz and feel like I need to upgrade to get my money's worth.

I have a 4k TV upstairs, it does 60hz in 4k or 120hz in 1080p. But I do 99% of my gaming downstairs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RodShaft posted:

How's the series x look/run at 1440p? I'm looking at grabbing a 32in monitor on Black Friday. Right now I'm using a 32in 1080p 60hz and feel like I need to upgrade to get my money's worth.

I have a 4k TV upstairs, it does 60hz in 4k or 120hz in 1080p. But I do 99% of my gaming downstairs.

I mean, there's definitely games that only reach around that or can't actually get to 4k in general. And next gen releases are gonna be making sacrifices

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Cyberpunk on Xbox series x is the first, and only, fps to give me motion sickness. Been playing fps since quake 1.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drewmoney posted:

Cyberpunk on Xbox series x is the first, and only, fps to give me motion sickness. Been playing fps since quake 1.

You have a cold

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

drewmoney posted:

Did you try turning off all the auxiliary camera movement in the options? I don't normally have any issues but the insane amount of head bobbing and weaving was really unpleasant to look at. I turned it off and now everything is fine.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is the remastered Spyro trilogy worth buying on sale? Specifically as somebody who really enjoys Banjo Kazooie but still thinks there's too much dialogue, for reference.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Define sale. It’s worth $15.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I love Spyro and think you'll love them too but also they will be on gamepass very soon

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did anyone play the new resi8 expansion yet (is it out????)

It's decent but basically all of the environments are recycled from the main game. it does add some cool stuff though. Its about 2.5-3 hours long It's probably worth $20 if you find the extra mercenaries content and third person mode appealing, but otherwise I'd say wait for it to drop to around $10.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 9, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay posted:

Define sale. It’s worth $15.

This sale, yeah

elf help book posted:

I love Spyro and think you'll love them too but also they will be on gamepass very soon

Good point. $15 is not a big deal if it's gonna be a six month wait or whatever though

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Why is headbobbing even a thing in games? Who is seeing their head bob irl?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's especially strange because when you run IRL the human body has many anatomical adaptations to keep your head completely stable.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's especially strange because when you run IRL the human body has many anatomical adaptations to keep your head completely stable.

Not true if you are listening to Word Up, by Cameo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is why God gave us two fists.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The only game to ever give me real bad motion sickness was that first person puzzle game "the witness", I forget if I looked for a motion bob setting but it really made me feel sick. Sucks because the puzzles were pretty fun.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

The same people who get water droplets in their eyes and see chromatic aberration, I assume

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thankfully most games come with camera sensitivity settings now so I can crank that way up

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

That's easy, (handheld) cameras do it if you run. Like most screen effects, it's because cameras have it and we know a lot of game devs still tried to make playable movies when those features became the norm.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Goddamnit, the exact day I decide to try out this RetroArch app thing on Xbox is the exact same day the dev decides to take a break because MS keeps pulling his app from the store. I should've tried it out last week. :(

By stark comparison, it was dead easy to download 20+ roms of cool old games to try once I have it setup.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

drewmoney posted:

This was pre-patch, but I had a similar thing happen to me when I played. Performance mode was erratic so I played on the 4K mode which was much more stable and enjoyable.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah im a little over camera effects in games myself lol.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Big Halo update today, finally some new maps!!

https://twitter.com/HaloSupport/status/1590194582436081664?s=20&t=pTnkmDswgygCdXdqBe3l1w

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean, there's definitely games that only reach around that or can't actually get to 4k in general. And next gen releases are gonna be making sacrifices

I guess what I'm really asking is "is 1440p with a higher refresh rate going to be enough of a better experience over 1080p at 60fps to justify the couple hundred bucks to replace my current 32-in monitor with a new one"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They have literally one person working on this poo poo don't they

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, 1440p is the sweet spot for monitors. Looks much better than 1080.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Return to Monkey Island is out! Having a great time with it, it's like coming back home.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Larry Parrish posted:

They have literally one person working on this poo poo don't they

They have one temp working on it.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The same people who get water droplets in their eyes and see chromatic aberration, I assume

As a wearer of glasses, I experience both of these IRL.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

John F Bennett posted:

Return to Monkey Island is out! Having a great time with it, it's like coming back home.

Holy cow I totally missed that was coming to GP. Finally something to tear me away from getting wrecked in modern warfare 2! (Eventually, just one more round..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
When should Vampire Survivors drop?