Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I only have a twitter account because nintendo made me sign up to twitter to upload screenshots from my nintendo switch. I think I signed up for twitter using a nintendo switch.

I'm twitter-illiterate all I do is read what y'all embed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sanctum posted:

I only have a twitter account because nintendo made me sign up to twitter to upload screenshots from my nintendo switch. I think I signed up for twitter using a nintendo switch.

I'm twitter-illiterate all I do is read what y'all embed here.

This is the true tragedy of twitter potentially dying, it is by far the easiest way to offload poo poo from consoles. Thanks, Elon

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Revins posted:

honestly doing more than sending rovers to and probes past/to orbit around mars to gather information, like we've been doing, is loving stupid. there's never going to be a human space colony because space is loving brutal and its approximately an eternity away to the nearest planet that could potentially maybe become habitable if we pour an endless amount of money into it

There's a lot of science we can do and is worth doing with human missions, robots are super limited. Colonisation is another thing but manned missions can be worth it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

You're laughing. You're watching a billionaire flail and get owned online after a series of incredibly bad decisions and shitposting and you're laughing?!

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

priznat posted:

Esther is the worst type of engineer quisling - old enough she should loving know better than to run interference for a lovely boss, possibly THE shittiest boss.

Just keep smiling and nodding and saying “on it boss” while you reach out to your industry contacts to gtfo asap
Is it not far more likely to be the case that she’s angling for a promotion to potentially a C-level position? The way she’s running interference for Elon - as you say - will no doubt mark her out as being a “strong team player”. At the moment she’s pretty much all he’s got in terms of internal support, it seems. Elon’s not going to fire someone who was photographed by a “colleague” “sleeping” in the office to get his latest brainfart delivered, he’s more likely to take notice of her, I would’ve thought.

We can debate the ignominy of someone overtly climbing the ladder on public display, but to her credit it’s probably going to pay dividends for her personally.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Revins posted:

honestly doing more than sending rovers to and probes past/to orbit around mars to gather information, like we've been doing, is loving stupid. there's never going to be a human space colony because space is loving brutal and its approximately an eternity away to the nearest planet that could potentially maybe become habitable if we pour an endless amount of money into it

On a long enough timeframe it's probably possible. Like dedicating a small fraction of global effort to slowly terraforming mars or whatever over the next few thousand years isn't a terrible idea.

Except that letting human off this rock is a terrible idea for any other lifeforms out there. So maybe it's better we don't bother. One favour to the galaxy.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Durzel posted:

Is it not far more likely to be the case that she’s angling for a promotion to potentially a C-level position? The way she’s running interference for Elon - as you say - will no doubt mark her out as being a “strong team player”. At the moment she’s pretty much all he’s got in terms of internal support, it seems. Elon’s not going to fire someone who was photographed by a “colleague” “sleeping” in the office to get his latest brainfart delivered, he’s more likely to take notice of her, I would’ve thought.

We can debate the ignominy of someone overtly climbing the ladder on public display, but to her credit it’s probably going to pay dividends for her personally.

i get the feeling that, at an elon musk company, there is only one true c-level, regardless of vanity title

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i get the feeling that, at an elon musk company, there is only one true c-level, regardless of vanity title

Oh he's definitely the one true C-level mate.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Durzel posted:

100% this. Elon is obviously thin skinned so being public about your loyalty is probably the best insurance you've got while heads are rolling

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Outrail posted:

Oh he's definitely the one true C-level mate.

lmao

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Revins posted:

The combination of radiation, a low oxygen content habitat atmosphere and constant near starvation food level will result in the perfect brain damaged audience for musk’s lovely humour so I am surprised he isn’t in more of a rush to get there.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Besides, space sucks. The ocean is way cooler. We'd be better off trying to figure out how to live under the sea. THere's cool whales and dumbo octopuses down there and other gangly looking motherfuckers like gulper eels. Got any of those in space, nerds? nope

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Durzel posted:

Oh it’s a fine career move but it just makes you an rear end in a top hat. Usually they’re fine with that though.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

MikeJF posted:

What % of voting shares does he have though? Is Tesla stock voting/non-voting divided? (Which is an absurd thing that shouldn't exist)

Imagine forking over money for non-voting shares in an IPO

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

Besides, space sucks. The ocean is way cooler. We'd be better off trying to figure out how to live under the sea. THere's cool whales and dumbo octopuses down there and other gangly looking motherfuckers like gulper eels. Got any of those in space, nerds? nope

This is always what I bring up when my friends talk about musk. Why the gently caress would you ever live on Mars, the soil is all gritty and sharp and the surface is so radioactive you would have to either live underground or live in domes coated in regolith. It would be like living on a submarine for the rest of your life

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
For posterity --

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
He could have just cashed out that same amount of Tesla stock last year and had 1000x enough money to live on a beach getting daquiris and blowjobs of the rest of his life, right? But instead he got a bunch of sketchy loans to buy a company he's setting on fire that he had to sell that stock to pay off? Am I getting that right?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Entropic posted:

He could have just cashed out that same amount of Tesla stock last year and had 1000x enough money to live on a beach getting daquiris and blowjobs of the rest of his life, right? But instead he got a bunch of sketchy loans to buy a company he's setting on fire that he had to sell that stock to pay off? Am I getting that right?

it’s called disruption, bro

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Entropic posted:

you forgot the part where he was just bluffing to buy the company to scare people he doesn't like and then they called his bluff and forced him to do it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s weird how the people with the most money have absolutely no idea how to best enjoy it or spread it around to benefit others. Just absolute clownshoes.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Tea Party Crasher posted:

This is always what I bring up when my friends talk about musk. Why the gently caress would you ever live on Mars, the soil is all gritty and sharp and the surface is so radioactive you would have to either live underground or live in domes coated in regolith. It would be like living on a submarine for the rest of your life

It’s also itchy and gets everywhere

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Why have capital when you can have the immense soft power to determine which accounts get TWO checkmarks

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

priznat posted:

It’s weird how the people with the most money have absolutely no idea how to best enjoy it or spread it around to benefit others. Just absolute clownshoes.

It’s a mental disorder. Most people make a few million, they gently caress off, retire, do what they want to do in life. The same urge that drives billionaires to make a billion dollars in the first place, prevents them from ever doing this.

MySpace Tom vs Zuck and Elon.

One is living on tropical islands doing photography, the other two imagine themselves as leaders of the Fourth Reich.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

https://i.imgur.com/wx7sIBQ.mp4

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ben shapino posted:

you forgot the part where he was just bluffing to buy the company to scare people he doesn't like and then they called his bluff and forced him to do it

That is actually the funniest part, clearing a very high bar

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Coming to Twitter soon.

Twitter Max +!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Coming to Twitter soon.

Twitter Max +!

I swear to God if the ads aren't so targeted that they reveal truths about me that I wasn't even aware of myself, I might just cancel my subscription.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
:lol:El oh Elon:lol:

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

When can I sign up for Twitter Ultra Deluxe Platinum Edition?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s a mental disorder. Most people make a few million, they gently caress off, retire, do what they want to do in life. The same urge that drives billionaires to make a billion dollars in the first place, prevents them from ever doing this.

MySpace Tom vs Zuck and Elon.

One is living on tropical islands doing photography, the other two imagine themselves as leaders of the Fourth Reich.

Outliers like Notch who wasn’t driven to make billions (I don’t think) but happened to be lovely and/or have mental disorders that money cannot cure as well after lucking into a massive payday.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Notch's greed pushing away every friend he ever had, followed by him selling them out (literally), followed by him buying a giant mansion designed for parties and whining he's lonely.

did he ever get past that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Something like 20% of my stock portfolio was Tesla
I sold it all yesterday
:unsmigghh:

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Entropic posted:

You're not doing the math right. He has infinity money so infinity - $50B is still infinity money he can melt down on twitter and STILL do whatever the gently caress he wants

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

SRQ posted:

Notch's greed pushing away every friend he ever had, followed by him selling them out (literally), followed by him buying a giant mansion designed for parties and whining he's lonely.

Last I heard he was supporting some nazi poo poo.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

SRQ posted:

You can't be a qanon follower and have friends, it's physiologically impossible

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sockser posted:

Something like 20% of my stock portfolio was Tesla
I sold it all yesterday
:unsmigghh:

I don’t know how much my mom owned, but I told her to sell it all in April when Musk first made the offer to buy Twitter.

She did not listen to me. :eng99:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

Outliers like Notch who wasn’t driven to make billions (I don’t think) but happened to be lovely and/or have mental disorders that money cannot cure as well after lucking into a massive payday.

he did one good thing at least and helped fund a defense against a lawsuit from Billy Mitchell (Donkey Kong "world record holder" ) against a speedrunner who documented how Mitchell was caught using a Mame emulator.

Billy is suing the speedrunner against because he needs money to go against Guinness/Galaxy

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

EVIL Gibson posted:

he did one good thing at least and helped fund a defense against a lawsuit from Billy Mitchell (Donkey Kong "world record holder" ) against a speedrunner who documented how Mitchell was caught using a Mame emulator.

Billy is suing the speedrunner against because he needs money to go against Guinness/Galaxy

IDK but I don't really think this is a thing that matters to anyone

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

snoop dogg invited notch to hang out and smoke weed and notch turned it down

most hosed up thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t know how much my mom owned, but I told her to sell it all in April when Musk first made the offer to buy Twitter.

She did not listen to me. :eng99:

gently caress... just remember my dad owned some stock, I think :stonklol:

Not that he'd listen to me when it came to stock advice