Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

This is currently the best performance by an incumbent party in the first midterm outside of 2002. 82% of voters say the economy is fair or bad.

It legitimately doesn't make sense.

exit polling on roe showing it even in striking distance of economic issues seems like the only partial explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol you freaking doomers

isn't it obvious yet???

DEMS ARE GOING TO KEEP THE HOUSE

:hmbol:

always bet against cspam. also can't wait for two (more) years of nothing getting done and things falling into an even worse state of affairs.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I'm making my bold call: Dems keeping the House

You don't defeat loving Boebert and lose the House lmao. This is a nation-wide over-performance vs Biden in 2020 outside of Florida.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Of course I called Dems winning the House like a month or two ago when challenged by all of you nerds

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

This is currently the best performance by an incumbent party in the first midterm outside of 2002. 82% of voters say the economy is fair or bad and Biden has a 45/55 approval rating.

We can't forget about 1934 so fast my friend

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

you can be right and still insufferable. Usually goes hand in hand.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

You don't defeat loving Boebert and lose the House lmao. This is a nation-wide over-performance vs Biden in 2020 outside of Florida.

by god that's Nancy's music

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
whats the tldr of election inght

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is currently the best performance by an incumbent party in the first midterm outside of 2002. 82% of voters say the economy is fair or bad and Biden has a 45/55 approval rating.

In 2002, 9/11 gave Republicans a major boost.

In 2022, it seems Roe V Wade energized people so much that the economic issues didn't matter anymore.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

thehandtruck posted:

The democrats seemed posed to lose the house and keep the senate.

Overall, this may be the best performance of a party in power for their first midterm since 2002.

Democrats have majorly overperformed, due to Roe v Wade, astonishing everyone and thoroughly owning C-Spam.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

turns out nothing matters cuts both ways i guess!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

papersack posted:

you can be right and still insufferable. Usually goes hand in hand.

how could I not be?

I mean c'mon you would be too if the roles were reversed

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Covok posted:

In 2022, it seems Roe V Wade energized people so much that the economic issues didn't matter anymore.

eh, it still didn't energize them so much the economic issues didn't matter. it's just an "all the things happening at once" situation. the exit polling clearly shows the economic issues also mattered to people

although yes i think between these results and even deep red states ballot initiatives going down on removing abortion rights, the Republicans did major gently caress up with roe

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

paranoid randroid posted:

turns out nothing matters cuts both ways i guess!

whats that mean!!!!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

imagine being right about an election result lol. who cares get a life

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

because they're stealing it, obvs :rolleyes:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

synapse posted:

imagine being right about an election result lol. who cares get a life

wrong. feels good man

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

ben shapino posted:

wrong. feels good man

only when i look at the large and in charge senator fetterman. that's about it

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

The dems will do nothing with any majority

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lol boebert lost? that's nice

looks like summer lee will win as well. I'm sure she'll be at least as worthless as the most worthless squad member, but watching aipac eat poo poo for once is also nice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

biceps crimes posted:

lmao that Sarah huckawhatever is a governor now. ive not been following anything until glancing at the headlines tonight.

there was no way she was going to lose from the moment she announced

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

wait did boebert actually lose?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I'm in awe of the incompetence of the state Republican Party. I'm still not over Jensen losing Washington County by DOUBLE DIGITS. Before Walz, they hadn't gone for the Democrats since Rudy Perpich in '86. Here was the map when Tom Emmer lost a squeaker to Dayton in 2010:

I live in Washington County. It's full of the scarediest white folks you ever did see. A competent Republican campaign finds votes from towns like these in their loving couch cushions. It should not even take EFFORT. How the gently caress does a Republican lose this area by ELEVEN GODDAMN POINTS

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if everyone expects you to lose horribly and then you merely lose; does that count as a win

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

dads friend steve posted:

wait did boebert actually lose?

like a dog

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
that she killed

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Supreme Court should have waited until after midterms to ban abortion. There huff hosed the GOP

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

looks like diarrhea is back on the menu in Colorado

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

howd the democrat win so big in arizona

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zokari posted:

if everyone expects you to lose horribly and then you merely lose; does that count as a win

There is a reason why I keep making it clear this is a loss.

But there was no scenario at this point where democrats didn't lose so its amazing they didn't lose harder.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

how could I not be?

I mean c'mon you would be too if the roles were reversed
oh absolutely

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahaha mcmuffin was running in utah and the dems put up nobody? lmao

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Covok posted:

There is a reason why I keep making it clear this is a loss.

But there was no scenario at this point where democrats didn't lose so its amazing they didn't lose harder.

Classic expectations management. The Herschel Walker debate strategy. He didn't pee his pants on stage, so he won.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zokari posted:

No but it's still a massive indictment on the Republican party.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

hahahahahaha mcmuffin was running in utah and the dems put up nobody? lmao

cia

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol and patty murray also won in a blowout after all the scare polls in the last few weeks

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

lamao cspam wrong

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Zokari posted:

it depends. how much money do the consultants who worked on the barely-losing campaigns stand to make over the next two years?

Shear Modulus posted:

lol and patty murray also won in a blowout after all the scare polls in the last few weeks
ugh. the worst

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

GOP overplayed their hand with the crazies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Starting to think I actually might get my 20k they owe me. Wowza