Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
This... this is genuinely frightening. [Insert what ends up happening here] Everyone. This is all the more reason to get out there and VOTE come next election. You all didn't vote hard enough and now we're going to have to deal with this mess you left us for the next 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
30% of Los Angeles reporting for the mayoral vote and Bass is only up 2000 votes. im going to be so loving pissed if this year is a wash for the GOP but that lovely carny Caruso still gets in

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They are probably still going to lose the House - just by a very small margin instead of the 60 seats they were projecting on the high end before - so, they will have a legitimate excuse to not do anything now.

now this is a hilarious outcome

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Everyone did so good voting that we can afford to have a couple people stay home next time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

iCe-CuBe. posted:

This... this is genuinely frightening. [Insert what ends up happening here] Everyone. This is all the more reason to get out there and VOTE come next election. You all didn't vote hard enough and now we're going to have to deal with this mess you left us for the next 2 years.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

paranoid randroid posted:

30% of Los Angeles reporting for the mayoral vote and Bass is only up 2000 votes. im going to be so loving pissed if this year is a wash for the GOP but that lovely carny Caruso still gets in

karen rear end

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
C-SPAM (short for Capitalist-SPAM) has been and always will be a pro-Democrat board.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 07:58 on Nov 9, 2022

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

he’s so tall and has such a prominent brow. put him in the senate!

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/FOX13Memphis/status/1590208198857850880

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol that a stroke victim beat the second most famous doctor in America

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

The most famous doctor is Doctor Dog balls

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
House is going to come down to California and the Dems will eek it out. NYT has been wrong all night, consistently. Their dumbshit model factors in "historical precedent" lmfao

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WHY WAS SLAVERY A PUNISHMENT IN TENNESSEE IN 2022!?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

have you not read the constitution

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Covok posted:

prison labor

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

really enjoy the amount of people who don't know that the 13th amendment specifically allows for slavery as punishment.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Covok posted:

silicone thrills posted:

really enjoy the amount of people who don't know that the 13th amendment specifically allows for slavery as punishment.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There are actually 4 states voting on whether to ban slavery today.

Oregon is split on whether slavery is good or not.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Those monsters! How could they ban important cultural traditions like that?

Why I never. The gentlemen at the monocle polishing society shall write a sternly worded letter about this, mark my words or else my name isn't Hazrik Friddlethrump the Third!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Steve Yun posted:

All Oz had to do in order to win was stfu and coast on his name and brand. Instead though he chose to open his dumb mouth at every opportunity and every time he just reinforced his status as an idiot carpet bagger who gave zero fucks about anything besides kick starting his own political career.

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

NYT has been wrong all night, consistently.

all night?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

House is going to come down to California and the Dems will eek it out. NYT has been wrong all night, consistently. Their dumbshit model factors in "historical precedent" lmfao

Ah the double or nothing play. I predict they will lose actually.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Covok posted:

uh don't google angola i guess

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I thought the guy's arm making a crescent shape was Islam and I got really excited

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Covok posted:

It's literally legal everywhere in the United States. Tennesse is progressive for doing this.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

some say slavery is bad but many of the founding fathers owned slaves so even with this issue there is two sides

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

its really embarrassing for oregon that they're so much more split on this issue than TN tbh.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
california locks people up explicitly to make them fight forest fires for pennies a day

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

synapse posted:

Ah the double or nothing play. I predict they will lose actually.

i'm not doubling anything. i said it way earlier

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

california locks people up explicitly to make them fight forest fires for pennies a day

lol and then only up until like last year you couldn't even get a job as a fire fighter afterwards because they used to prohibit anyone with any felonys on record.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

C-SPAM (short for Capitalist-SPAM) has been and always be a pro-Democrat board.
if the democrats win, CSPAM is responsible. if the democrats lose, CSPAM can't be blamed.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

some say slavery is bad but many of the founding fathers owned slaves so even with this issue there is two sides

What’s funny is that there was no organized opposition but a handful of groups did come out against it and among the was the state sheriffs association

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

its really embarrassing for oregon that they're so much more split on this issue than TN tbh.

....what is the actual wording on that measure

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

silicone thrills posted:

the democratic candidate governor has like a 1% lead in votes rn lol

left turnout is in the loving gutter

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

They are probably still going to lose the House - just by a very small margin instead of the 60 seats they were projecting on the high end before - so, they will have a legitimate excuse to not do anything now.

gently caress you!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Turns out calling "unpaid forced prison labor" as what it actually is, slavery, makes people vote against slavery

What a huge W, can't believe this is only the fourth state to have done this now. Hopefully more do this.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

who is the most famous?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

I lived there for awhile and I'm not surprised one bit

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CODChimera posted:

who is the most famous?

Dr. Dre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

our vice president even once explicitly said so, when some do-gooders wanted to know why they couldn't extend the firefighting program's benefits (your prison term gets shortened for each day you're on fire duty or whatever) to other appropriate prisoners and prison programs:

quote:

Extending 2-for-1 credits to all minimum custody inmates at this time would severely impact fire camp participation—a dangerous outcome while California is in the middle of a difficult fire season and severe drought,” the Attorney General’s office, then led by Senator and 2020 candidate Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) wrote. “The extension of 2-for-1 credits to all [minimum security facility] inmates would likely make fire camp beds even more difficult to fill, as low-level, non-violent inmates would choose to participate in the [Minimum Support Facility] program rather than endure strenuous physical activities and risk injury in fire camps.”