Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The fact that we still use physical signatures as any sort of verification is bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I saw members of the Eastern Bloc sending out social media messages saying how low turnout in Chicago is so everyone needs to go out and vote Bailey because “this is our time”.

We had 315 total votes for President in 2020 in this precinct. With 30 mins left, we are at 263 (which is higher than 2018 by 70 or so votes). That is a decrease of around 17% from 2020.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1590147469383450624

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

That's my boy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Proft and his stupid loving newspapers can gently caress off to Florida now, thank you.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ok now what about the amendment?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I was using those newspapers for my birdcage liners and my BIRDS read the PAPERS and DIED.

Just kidding I don’t have birds but I’m glad Bailey and his ilk are going to go back to their holes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Neo_Crimson posted:

Ok now what about the amendment?

Not enough in to call yet

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Popete posted:

Chicago polling places are really understaffed this year, less polling places too.

I guess it was a Republican election judge that bugged her. He was doing it to a bunch of people in line apparently.

She is in the suburbs although still Cook County.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Hell yea, another term for Juicy Beef Pritzker.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeMiletichTV/status/1590167607449001984

is this real

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

https://twitter.com/aaroncynic/status/1590169629355573248

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/rmc031/status/1590193939038228480?s=61&t=DI1whRzUlKeasfdVA2pc3w

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That's good news, I thought it needed 2/3rds.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Uncrewed/status/1590196085217427456

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That's really good news.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.
https://twitter.com/WBBMNewsradio/status/1590205654417149954

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, not confirmed yet, but with 75% to 25% type numbers, seems like Carbondale will keep home rule, so that's cool.

Suck it, whoever paid for the anti- home rule ads that played before literally every single youtube video for the past month!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bobulus posted:

Well, not confirmed yet, but with 75% to 25% type numbers, seems like Carbondale will keep home rule, so that's cool.

Suck it, whoever paid for the anti- home rule ads that played before literally every single youtube video for the past month!

What exactly were the arguments for eliminating home rule? It was obviously a hard sell.

Sailor Jerry
May 28, 2013
Pillbug
Happy to see Amendment 1 pass!

My rural downstate county that just voted 77% for Bailey had 41% for the Amendment. Weird level of support for it all over the state.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Lammasu posted:

What exactly were the arguments for eliminating home rule? It was obviously a hard sell.

Landlords can use state guidelines to save more money and therefore raise rents and make more money.

One of the biggest groups opposing home rule was a realtor lobby group.

Amendment 1 May not pass

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 9, 2022

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sailor Jerry posted:

Happy to see Amendment 1 pass!

My rural downstate county that just voted 77% for Bailey had 41% for the Amendment. Weird level of support for it all over the state.

Republicans love voting for left ballot measures and then voting against the people who support them

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

My understanding on the Workers Rights amendment is it needs 60% of votes on the specific question, or 50%+1 of all ballots cast. Last I looked, it's at 58.7% on the question, but 50.4% of all ballots cast, so it's looking like it will squeak by.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Man, when all these Chuds gently caress off to Florida, what happens when Florida becomes ocean?

Is CW2 going to be over the Right to Return?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Don't worry, Northern Democrats will spend trillions of dollars on dikes and reclamation projects so that Floridian Republicans can maintain their unsustainable lifestyle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The kaiju wall, or fewer golf courses.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Gunna develop a special permit that must be applied for if someone wants to return from Florida. Don't want to spend the next 20 years improving the place only to have the riff raff move back in without helping out.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I guess it was a Republican election judge that bugged her. He was doing it to a bunch of people in line apparently.

She is in the suburbs although still Cook County.

we had a few assholes down here too, deliberately slowing down the lines by wandering around stinkeyeing people instead of doing their jobs or asking for multiple forms of photo id instead of just one or harassing people in line. The vast majority of them were good but yeah, there were a few obvious monkeywrenchers.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I thought the IL GOP was dead after 2020, lol at these results

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1590360212506308608

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

brugroffil posted:

I thought the IL GOP was dead after 2020, lol at these results

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1590360212506308608

Holy poo poo! :wtf:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was a local "newspaper" being mailed out every week called the Chicago City Wire, I say "newspaper" because it was just printed on newspaper stock to look legit but every article was just the most insanely racist or anti LGBTQ+ stuff imaginable. I'm not sure what the game plan for the GOP was, like they thought they could scare monger Chicago into not voting? The reaction seemed to be pretty universal disgust.

Popete fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 9, 2022

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I got one of those "Dupage County News and Times" things that looks like a real newspaper every other day for the last ten days or so, even after the entire thing with the Daily Herald "stopping publication" of it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Popete posted:

There was a local "newspaper" being mailed out every week called the Chicago City Wire, I say "newspaper" because it was just printed on newspaper stock to look legit but every article was just the most insanely racist or anti LGBTQ+ stuff imaginable. I'm not sure what the game plan for the GOP, like they thought they could scare monger Chicago into not voting?? The reaction seemed to be pretty universal disgust.

It worked on the true believers, my wife's idiot right winger trump loving boss (who also happens to be jewish, I only mention this because I don't understand jewish people who support literal anti-semites) brought it in to show her it and she was like, "are you an idiot, none of this is true". He was so excited for Darren Bailey to win and for the red wave.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I take issue with the “dems fought back and won!” they were talking about changes to SAFE-T they wanted to make for the past month and a half

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Deathlove posted:

I got one of those "Dupage County News and Times" things that looks like a real newspaper every other day for the last ten days or so, even after the entire thing with the Daily Herald "stopping publication" of it.

I got one of those. Big article on the front page saying "We ARE TOO a legitimate newspaper!"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A totally legitimate newspaper that will disappear after November 8th.

I hope

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I think the fake papers backfired because they were over the top. The legit newspapers also were not going to let a bunch fake papers go around and not comment on it.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Popete posted:

A totally legitimate newspaper that will disappear after November 8th.

I hope

One of the main players behind that stunt, Dan Proft, announced today he was leaving the state for Florida. So maybe that will help!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ummagumma posted:

One of the main players behind that stunt, Dan Proft, announced today he was leaving the state for Florida. So maybe that will help!

He already announced that before, I thought?

Real life needs a Ban Me tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He already announced that before, I thought?

Real life needs a Ban Me tag.

I thought the same thing, but apparently he kept a condo and he finally sold that. So it's for real real this time. :rolleyes:

It was Proft's PAC (People Who Play By the Rules!! :jerkbag:) but Dick Uihlein's cash so I'm quite certain the fascist box king will just find a new place to funnel his dark money.