Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

MikeJF posted:

Maybe I missed this earlier but is https://muskmessages.com/ legit because some of the stuff in there is hilariously dumbfuck

This page says

quote:

The messages are taken from public records and filings from Elon Musk's upcoming court case with Twitter. They were interpreted by AI.

which I assume means everything is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Zuck is laying off 11,000 meta employees apparently

https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-layoffs-employees-facebook-mark-zuckerberg-metaverse-bet-2022-11

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

ymgve posted:

This page says

Nah, they mean an AI has arranged messages to names in a convo. I recognize them from the court filings

Like this idiocy:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

What a disingenuous hypocritical turd. "I don't believe anyone should be the boss of anyone"

*buys company, lays off thousands, imposing absurd and abusive working hours*

To say nothing of working conditions at tesla

loving. Turd.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jfc of course he's one of those don't call me boss twats. Big lols at heavy duty software and hardcore programming tho. What a sad, pathetic fraud.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Mokotow posted:

Like this banker dude in Germany during the 2008 financial crisis that stepped in front of a train because half of his wealth was wiped, leaving him with a partly ~100 million euros.

My god what a sad story, that's terrible

for the people who had to hose the train clean of his stupid entrails

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Soggy Muffin posted:

I think these are real, way too much effort would have been done to fake them

I believe these are fake because elon is 1000% the type of annoying manic texter

That sends a flurry of texts at once

Nonstop

With no consideration

For the recipient

And you cannot get a word in

Edgewise

Every sentence fragment

Becomes it's own text

I am 1000 percent

Certain

That this is how Elon texts

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
How the gently caress this guy CEO of 5 companies and has time to respond to 300 texts a day and troll Twitter. I get a mild panic attack if I get 5 texts within an hour

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

greazeball posted:

Jfc of course he's one of those don't call me boss twats. Big lols at heavy duty software and hardcore programming tho. What a sad, pathetic fraud.

Just what do we know for sure Elon ever coded?

E:^^^^ it's trivially easy to do if you're a glorified seat warmer who hires people to work.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Soggy Muffin posted:

How the gently caress this guy CEO of 5 companies and has time to respond to 300 texts a day and troll Twitter. I get a mild panic attack if I get 5 texts within an hour

Someone else is doing all the work and he's just making lofty high level decisions.

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Just what do we know for sure Elon ever coded?

Apparently some Sega CD Software.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ymgve posted:

This page says

I think by 'AI' they mean 'basic OCR' and they were originally released as images. And it's awkward, like it's showing message likes wierdly.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 9, 2022

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

loving hell I definitely had a demo of the dos version of this

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

ProperCoochie posted:

I believe these are fake because elon is 1000% the type of annoying manic texter

Nonstop

With no consideration

For the recipient

Edgewise

Every sentence fragment

Becomes it's own text

I am 1000 percent

Certain

loving hell go look for yourself then, page 114 https://s3.documentcloud.org/docume...om-edward-b.pdf

Like if anyone is uncertain about the https://muskmessages.com/ just note the timestamp and go find it in that pdf.

Xakura fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 9, 2022

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No way, this silly FMV railshooter is way more intentionally entertaining and competent than anything Elon has any right to be credited with.
I'm choosing to believe stolen valour.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-...k&ICID=ref_fark

Elon Musk sells 4 billion in Tesla shares to prop up Twitter. According to the article his net worth is now below 200 billion dollars.

So I guess we have that in common.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s my understanding that Musk was well known for writing lovely code that often had to be refactored so that other devs on the team could use it

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s my understanding that Musk was well known for writing lovely code that often had to be refactored so that other devs on the team could use it

...And sulking really hard whenever it (always) happened.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Entropic posted:

The excuse I always hear when people say billionaires should pay their fair share is "he's not really a billionaire technically, all that is just theoretical wealth tied up in stock value"
Which just makes me think, OK, if he has 100 billion in theoretical stock value, why wouldn't you just cash out of that?
Even in some insane scenario where doing so only gets you 1% of the theoretical value because the stock crashes, that's still a billion dollars.
Say you actually pay your taxes for some reason, that's still, what, like over 500,000,000 dollars?
Which if he lives for another 50 years is 10,000,000 a year which is more than someone should ever reasonably ever be able to spend and that's if you just put it in a savings account instead of reinvesting it.

Why on earth would you keep your wealth tied up in fickle company valuation instead of cashing out into more money than you could ever spend? Does being a billionaire cause brain damage?

Like OK, maybe if you stay the course you could be a 100-billionaire instead of a 100-millionaire, what actual quality of life difference is there between those two state of wealth? What am I missing here?

Number. Go. Up!

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

do you want we should disassemble the sega CD software to poke fun at it or what

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We'd never be able to work out which bits are his. We need to find other devs to talk to if you want dirt.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ProperCoochie posted:

Nonstop

With no consideration

For the recipient

Edgewise

Every sentence fragment

Becomes it's own text

I am 1000 percent

Certain

I had a coworker who typed like this in Slack. I asked him wtf once, and he said it came from being a gamer

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I could see that. Needs beating out of them.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I think every Slack instance has someone like that, who inevitably ends up getting muted by people who don't want 15 pings for a single question.

quote:

Hi Clyde

Hope you are well

I have a question

Hoping you can help

It's for client xxx

They've raised an issue

Hoping you can shed some light

<10 messages later>

Here's a link to the Jira ticket

https://xxxxxxxx

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
new verification system has launched!!!

:lol:

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Xakura posted:

Isn't it just the documents from the court case that someone has arranged in a cellphone style thread? I feel like I've seen some of these before.

It's also why

shows up as it's own comment and not a heart on the previous comment or whatever.

That 'liked' as a text message is what happens when you're in a mostly iphone group message and one user is on Android.
I'm in a group chat with some friends and they keep forgetting I don't have an iPhone, so they constantly 'like' messages and everyone gets another text with the full duplicate of the message, it's kind of funny, but that's what that looks like anyway

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

crime weed posted:

lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So minimalist.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

crime weed posted:

ElonMusk Tesla and SpaceX don't have it. He really does not understand why it is important.

Bill Gates does.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

so wait, if you have a blue check mark already, you're grandfathered in?? thats pretty funny

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think they're handpicking accounts that "need" to have an official marker. So news sources, govt., public bodies etc.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

goatface posted:

I think they're handpicking accounts that "need" to have an official marker. So news sources, govt., public bodies etc.

Why did they forget all of Elon's own though

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

crime weed posted:

Watch them add some sort of checkmark for parody as well lmao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because he's the young god king and anyone taking his name will be instabanned.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

pixaal posted:

Why did they forget all of Elon's own though

they can't figure out which account is the real elon's lol

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

kazil posted:

they can't figure out which account is the real elon's lol

They think it's @elonmusk, but there some doubt because the tweets can't be that stupid, right guys?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goatface posted:

Because he's the young god king and anyone taking his name will be instabanned.

young is questionable

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Younger than orange Don.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goatface posted:

they spent 13 years verifying nearly half a million accounts and then threw it away and started over to appease elons stupid idea