Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Notch is into loving qanon!??!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Mantle posted:

You're not doing the math right. He has infinity money so infinity - $50B is still infinity money he can melt down on twitter and STILL do whatever the gently caress he wants

The excuse I always hear when people say billionaires should pay their fair share is "he's not really a billionaire technically, all that is just theoretical wealth tied up in stock value"
Which just makes me think, OK, if he has 100 billion in theoretical stock value, why wouldn't you just cash out of that?
Even in some insane scenario where doing so only gets you 1% of the theoretical value because the stock crashes, that's still a billion dollars.
Say you actually pay your taxes for some reason, that's still, what, like over 500,000,000 dollars?
Which if he lives for another 50 years is 10,000,000 a year which is more than someone should ever reasonably ever be able to spend and that's if you just put it in a savings account instead of reinvesting it.

Why on earth would you keep your wealth tied up in fickle company valuation instead of cashing out into more money than you could ever spend? Does being a billionaire cause brain damage?

Like OK, maybe if you stay the course you could be a 100-billionaire instead of a 100-millionaire, what actual quality of life difference is there between those two state of wealth? What am I missing here?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

You can't be a qanon follower and have friends, it's physiologically impossible

Wait, Notch is an out-and-out Qanon dude? Wowzers

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Elon_John - Candle_in_the_wind.mpe.exe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

snoop dogg invited notch to hang out and smoke weed and notch turned it down

most hosed up thing

Thats basically how you know someones a wrongun.

I know fuckall abbout rap, practically nothing about snoop, but everything I have seen about him makes me think "hell yeah, you get the non-lovely controller & the good buds, lemme get some 'za in"

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

staberind posted:

Thats basically how you know someones a wrongun.

I know fuckall abbout rap, practically nothing about snoop, but everything I have seen about him makes me think "hell yeah, you get the non-lovely controller & the good buds, lemme get some 'za in"

i'm an easily intimidated introvert idiot but snoop absolutely radiates "you will have a fun comfy time with me" energy, it's like a loving aura.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

SRQ posted:

i'm an easily intimidated introvert idiot but snoop absolutely radiates "you will have a fun comfy time with me" energy, it's like a loving aura.

You know its going to be like the end of repoman.
elmo cuck otoh, he'd be all "oh no, dont hack the gibsons" like a straight bustah

i'd tear 'is hair out and eat it.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 9, 2022

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

SRQ posted:

Search your heart.

You know the answer.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 9, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

SRQ posted:

you should see his twitch stream, he explodes with gamer rage

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

wrong thread

c'mon man, you know whatever you were going to post would be tangentally linked by not many removes from the absolute world class melt tf down by Joiler Veppers, aka elmo bust.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

you should see his twitch stream, he explodes with gamer rage

that time he yelled gently caress & walked off with the stream running for like 3 hours was sweet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just woke up and had some chocolate covered pretzels for breakfast, what's new in the land of Twitt?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

who is this person and why should I listen to them

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Just woke up and had some chocolate covered pretzels for breakfast, what's new in the land of Twitt?

ew, salted ditch anytime for me.

not so much, the world is reacting to must doubling down on the lunacy with blue ++ good

Alan Smithee posted:

she's a lickspittle who gets pictures of her sleeping on the floor in a pathetic bid to curry favour with the unfuckable.
Also the above is the Blue ++ good.
(lol)

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 9, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait hold up. If there is going to be a hard distinction between “verified accounts” and blue checkmarks, then what’s the point of paying $8 a month?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

nobody and you shouldn’t

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Frank Frank posted:

Wait hold up. If there is going to be a hard distinction between “verified accounts” and blue checkmarks, then what’s the point of paying $8 a month?

Aw gently caress. Somebody get ahold of Elon

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Point"?
:dafuq:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

thread title

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

The Algorithym hates people who don't pay.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

ahahahahaahahahahahah, welcome to who the gently caress knows what?!
starring everyone who is a household name for better or for worse, its great, make popcorn. settle in.

Also, that thing you just did? Thinking about it for more than a second? that means you are not their target audience.

evilmiera posted:

The full quote is "the worst but also the best" which is true, if a kind of bland statement, like he was cribbing off a KnowYourMeme page.

However, uh, might be a really dumb thing to say about your company that you own?

Ratnering heself, a shameful emerald peddler

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 9, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The full quote is "the worst but also the best" which is true, if a kind of bland statement, like he was cribbing off a KnowYourMeme page.

However, uh, might be a really dumb thing to say about your company that you own?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Blue
Checks
Paying eight dollars a pop
Woah oh
That's how dick riders roll

e: sorry this started with me thinking that they should get a little blue penis to be verified dick riders

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 9, 2022

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Elon is gonna pivot back to the paywall idea to make the $8 seem like it does anything at all. I really hope anyway.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Congrats to Elon for leading the red wave

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

That DICK! posted:

Congrats to Elon for leading the red wave

Lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

hotdog feet posted:

i want to be so rich that selling stock for billions of dollars is something Internet dorks laugh at me for :(

when you started with 44 billion 4 billion is the cash you keep in the safe next to your snubnose revolver

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
at first i was all "elon musk is not the leader of the sixth house"..
and then... and then it all became clear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U5dEdWouDY
i too, do crack.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 9, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ben shapino posted:

you forgot the part where he was just bluffing to buy the company to scare people he doesn't like and then they called his bluff and forced him to do it

can someone remind me what the exact thing he did to trigger this was? Like did he tweet an offer

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

feelix posted:

IDK but I don't really think this is a thing that matters to anyone

lol

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 9, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

SRQ posted:

no way no loving way this guy

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Lol

Make skinner Elon and make all the kids Elon

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Elon is gonna pivot back to the paywall idea to make the $8 seem like it does anything at all. I really hope anyway.

Elon: hope you got :10bux:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Years ago I bought a single share of TSLA for funsies, because I thought "let's try the whole 'one share of IBM in 1930' thing". My original basis was around $250, because when the price went bananas and they did the 5:1 split, it dropped to something like $50. And when the split happened, I decided that if the price actually got back up to pre-split levels (~$1200) then I would sell the 4 extra shares.

And it did, so I did. Sold four shares at just over 2500% profit. That's loving nutballs. Cashed it out and put it in my down-payment-on-a-house fund.

Long story short here I am lolling hard that Elon being such a horrible, fragile, tiny, baby manchild is causing him to sell huge swaths of stock at fire sale prices.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
its like, ok, i might be dumb enough to give an idiot wifebeating scum extra moneys, but .. uhhh. but... waitaminute

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Entropic posted:

Like OK, maybe if you stay the course you could be a 100-billionaire instead of a 100-millionaire, what actual quality of life difference is there between those two state of wealth? What am I missing here?

you're missing that number go up, and that if you don't someone else might have number go up faster than you. at that scale that's literally it

Entropic posted:

Does being a billionaire cause brain damage?

there's a lot of psychology papers investigating just that, yeah, though naturally they have problems with low sample sizes

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Hi. I’m Elon Musk and I recommend that you vote Republican in order to balance things out. I also chug piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Analog posted:

Hi. I’m Elon Musk and I recommend that you vote Republican in order to balance things out. I also chug piss.

But I repeat myself,