Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Boy I just watched a video of Kane getting his wrist stepped on and bleeding everywhere and, 0/5 stars. Really wish I'd gotten a content warning there.

fake edit: a bad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yeah, lots of people wish they'd gotten a warning before they saw Kane.

(it works regardless of which Kane you mean, sadly)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well the Oilers just found the cap space to have them both on the team!

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
:lol: Rangers :lol:

How bout those 3rd period Islanders

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that was the worst devils performance of the season by orders of magnitude. fortunately vanecek was stellar and markstrom was, well, not

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Two games in a row the Rangers give the game away in the third. loving terrible.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Matt Zerella posted:

Two games in a row the Rangers give the game away in the third. loving terrible.

You can at least take solace in the fact that the Isles have done the exact same thing to Colorado and Calgary in the last 11 days.

But pretty bad getting shelled like by a team on the second half of a back to back.

THE ISLES ARE BACK BABY!!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

kill me now posted:

You can at least take solace in the fact that the Isles have done the exact same thing to Colorado and Calgary in the last 11 days.

But pretty bad getting shelled like by a team on the second half of a back to back.

THE ISLES ARE BACK BABY!!

Islanders are back baby. We're good again. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (fog Horn)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
i can't wait for the blues to start trading contracts

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

You know your team sucks when they win 6-4 and their goalie stole the game.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I was all excited to talk about how I finally got to go to a game after like seven years and the Leafs really managed to play a great game with a strategic defence.

And then Nylander fell down and Marner forgot to play in OT.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

Boy I just watched a video of Kane getting his wrist stepped on and bleeding everywhere and, 0/5 stars. Really wish I'd gotten a content warning there.

yeah that is gruesome poo poo

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
VGK finally gets a win at the Leaf's place :woop:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I was all excited to talk about how I finally got to go to a game after like seven years and the Leafs really managed to play a great game with a strategic defence.

And then Nylander fell down and Marner forgot to play in OT.

It was an extremely Leafy game, with all that entails. Must have been pretty fun overall though!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

N: Jets are truly watchable and occasionally look very good this year
V: :toot:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

It was an extremely Leafy game, with all that entails. Must have been pretty fun overall though!

It was a very Leafy in-arena experience, too. I was sat next to some people talking non-stop about "Phyllis Kessel," saying that he only managed to play so many games because he kept taking penalties. About part way through the game some guy up behind me turned into that guy non-stop yelling PLAY HARD SKATE IT UP THE BOARDS. At some point someone started yelling back, "got it coach."

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are 1st in the Central?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Duckman2008 posted:

Chuck Fletcher.

4 more years after this one at 5 million per. Jesus Christ.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

FBS posted:

N: Jets are truly watchable and occasionally look very good this year
V: :toot:

It’s funny how random players suddenly look great under a new coach, Josh Morrissey has been unbelievable so far this season. The Jets have always had a really good top-6 and goalie, the way Bowness has the defense playing I think they could be legit, even if it’s early in the seasom

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The Dirty Burger posted:

It’s funny how random players suddenly look great under a new coach, Josh Morrissey has been unbelievable so far this season. The Jets have always had a really good top-6 and goalie, the way Bowness has the defense playing I think they could be legit, even if it’s early in the seasom

A shame they're letting Heinola languish on the Moose, he'd be so good at activating but instead it's Schmidt or Dillon jumping up and they just don't have the offensive chops for it

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koth posted:

The Winnipeg Jets are 1st in the Central?

And the Florida Panthers are 5th in the Atlantic.

:thunk:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

.Spec posted:

I have no idea how there are not more skate laceration injuries. Dudes are flying around with razor blades on their feet, awful cuts seem like something that should be happening constantly

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Eric the Mauve posted:

And the Florida Panthers are 5th in the Atlantic.

:thunk:

the kraken are second in the west behind only las vegas

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea how there are not more skate laceration injuries. Dudes are flying around with razor blades on their feet, awful cuts seem like something that should be happening constantly

in bantams I hit a kid so hard his legs flailed up and sliced my wrist vertically. i got a penalty and was arguing with the ref, then I got to the box and the whole side of my jersey was red. I still have about a 2-inch raised scar on my wrist exactly the width of a skate blade.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Kane gruesomely damaging his hand is not the way I saw his story going / ending.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/centericefb/status/1590185468049915904?s=46&t=7JkavmMvKM4ZjqyhT-WUJw

Sounds like their kid will grow up with some healthy co-parenting

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Lessail posted:

VGK finally gets a win at the Leaf's place :woop:

I've been very impressed with Cassidy. He's been good about trying new things a few at a time and reverting if they're not working (broke up the Misfits and then put them back together). His defensive system is limiting other teams to outside shots and also generating a lot of turnovers.

Just need to juice the powerplay now.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Couldn't have happened to a nicer wife abuser.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
kinda sounds like... they both suck rear end?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils played pretty bad and Calgary probably deserved to win. Somehow they're getting this though from Vanecek lately:

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1590191422027665408

Also Calgary was playing some straight up 2003 hockey last night, as a Devils fan it was terrifying, but also as a Devils fan it was nostalgic. They reminded me of like the Dan McGillis Flyers or something

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres had pretty much everything go wrong last night, all three Coyotes goals against Comrie were due to weird bounces and a Zamboni broke down between periods 2 & 3 lmao they dominated play for half the game but couldn’t buy a goal. It wouldn’t have been so frustrating if they weren’t already on a two-game losing streak. And now they have to play Vegas on Thursday and Boston on Saturday, so they could easily go on a five-game skid. hosed up!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Nico looking like a 1 overall lately.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Excited for the Pens to play excellent spreadsheet hockey and go 3 for 4 on the PK and lose 4-2 tonight.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Interesting test for the Bruins on Thursday vs Calgary. So far their only two losses of the season have been away games in Toronto and Ottawa. Win or lose we will find out another clue about what Bruins kryptonite is. Is it Canadian teams? Being in Canada? Being in Ontario specifically?

Also, I briefly thought that this year someone might challenge McDavid for the scoring title but honestly it looks like he's already got it locked up. Panarin, Pastrnak, Robertson, etc., had hot starts (and still do!) But 29 points in 14 games for Connor already is insane.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 9, 2022

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Excited for the Pens to play excellent spreadsheet hockey and go 3 for 4 on the PK and lose 4-2 tonight.

They’re gonna get Bedard and the whole thread will melt down.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Reasonable chance this streak gets to 10 games. Their next three are on the road and the only poo poo team they play is Montreal who already beat them once already this year and who generally gives them a hard time anyways

Cartoon Man posted:

I posted this last week I think but literally the first time I ran the lottery simulator the Pens won on my first click and moved up 8 spots to #1 lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Cartoon Man posted:

Can someone explain who Bedard is and the mechanic through which he can be obtained? I keep seeing a bunch of Sharks fans who want us to be able to pick him up somehow

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/sammisilber/status/1590369633311559681

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheOfficialHDA/status/1590364034213511169?s=20&t=_HTA24eufiQGzlHsWMYcYg

So where is that dipshit who posted that the lesson here was to tell your kids to not take responsibility for their actions because they won’t get a “2nd chance”? I think they should read this.