Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

a bunch of shut in doomers with decade old poly sci degrees posting on a leftist offshoot board on a comedy forum are wrong over something

Curious !

*Bunch of privileged shut in doomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think the one thing that I’m certain of (and I’m wrong a lot, gonna need to get out of the prediction game) is that nobody will learn anything and in two years it’ll be basically the same movie with a slightly updated cast

My only evidence is this post

:yossame:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
what I wanted out of last night was Oz and Stacy Abrams to lose and for there to be significant tears from dems or republicans. I'm good on the first two, but no tears since the country decided to not even rearrange the chair on the Titanic and decided to do nothing instead.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I think poo poo is so broken in the US it's really hard to make any kind of prediction that is going to have any accuracy at all. The democrats seemed like they were preparing to get owned hard. The republicans seemed like they were preparing to win a poo poo load. I don't think anyone was predicting "Democrats do the best in the midterms for the in-power party since the elections after 9/11" just like very few people seriously thought Trump was going to win in 2016.

My best explanation is that the people who vote in Republican primaries and shape the Republican agenda are way way too online. Most people are not the kind of sickos that post in CSPAM or D&D or follow twitter politics posters closely. Normal people do not know who the hell conceptual james is. Normal people do not know what the hell DSA is. I keep hearing about how Ron DeSantis is the future of the GOP and he'll win but republican posters saying this like him because he's really keyed in to online chud grievances. The only person IRL I've ever heard use the word "grooming" was my friend who worked for CPS and was telling me about training he did on identifying grooming (like the actual definition of grooming a child). I think chuds leaned in way too hard on culture war poo poo that normal people just don't identify with or care about. Dobbs freaked people out and the republican party looks like a bunch of weirdos. Biden looks like a normal person compared to trump and if this was a referendum on Biden (which I guess midterms are supposed to be) then it looks like soup brains beats out terminally online grievances.

idk gently caress it Biden's probably going to win a second term now though although maybe he doesn't. that's the best prediction I'll make

The dems got lucky enough that any of the smouldering fires that would have consumed them if they had erupted before the midterms were vaguely slowed, is all.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The combination of 75% feeling angry/unhappy about the state of country and then voting back in an almost identical government party composition is very odd. Everyone is unhappy, but change is also impossible. We looked bad on the last 2 years and demanded 2 more years of the same useless gridlock status quo.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

1glitch0 posted:

what I wanted out of last night was Oz and Stacy Abrams to lose and for there to be significant tears from dems or republicans. I'm good on the first two, but no tears since the country decided to not even rearrange the chair on the Titanic and decided to do nothing instead.

Doing nothing is the new doing something.

Even voters are "quiet quitting"!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s pretty funny in its own way. I thought I’d be laughing at the blue team for bungling their way into historic losses, and instead I’m laughing at the red team for the biggest wet fart of a red wave ever

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
goon predictions get shredded and not even 24 hours later theyre back here making more predictions

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I think poo poo is so broken in the US it's really hard to make any kind of prediction that is going to have any accuracy at all. The democrats seemed like they were preparing to get owned hard. The republicans seemed like they were preparing to win a poo poo load. I don't think anyone was predicting "Democrats do the best in the midterms for the in-power party since the elections after 9/11" just like very few people seriously thought Trump was going to win in 2016.

My best explanation is that the people who vote in Republican primaries and shape the Republican agenda are way way too online. Most people are not the kind of sickos that post in CSPAM or D&D or follow twitter politics posters closely. Normal people do not know who the hell conceptual james is. Normal people do not know what the hell DSA is. I keep hearing about how Ron DeSantis is the future of the GOP and he'll win but republican posters saying this like him because he's really keyed in to online chud grievances. The only person IRL I've ever heard use the word "grooming" was my friend who worked for CPS and was telling me about training he did on identifying grooming (like the actual definition of grooming a child). I think chuds leaned in way too hard on culture war poo poo that normal people just don't identify with or care about. Dobbs freaked people out and the republican party looks like a bunch of weirdos. Biden looks like a normal person compared to trump and if this was a referendum on Biden (which I guess midterms are supposed to be) then it looks like soup brains beats out terminally online grievances.

idk gently caress it Biden's probably going to win a second term now though although maybe he doesn't. that's the best prediction I'll make

I think CSPAM and D&D need to take a little road trip to a small town diner (within driving distance of a major east coast city) and ask the grizzled wisdom-filled Every Man drinking coffee at 11am on a Tuesday what is REALLY going on in REAL America.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Weird result just on the economic priors. Ah well normal people are heterodox and weirdos who post on forums have cogent political beliefs. See you in 2 years to welcome President Machine Gun Kelly or something.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

*Bunch of privileged shut in doomers

Yes thank you

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

eXXon posted:

Doing nothing is the new doing something.

Even voters are "quiet quitting"!

"I AM BETWEEN UNHAPPY AND ANGRY ABOUT EVERY FACET OF AMERICAN POLITICAL LIFE, SO KEEP IT UP Y'ALL!"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

croup coughfield posted:

goon predictions get shredded and not even 24 hours later theyre back here making more predictions

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I think CSPAM and D&D need to take a little road trip to a small town diner (within driving distance of a major east coast city) and ask the grizzled wisdom-filled Every Man drinking coffee at 11am on a Tuesday what is REALLY going on in REAL America.

that man is about to take a huge poo poo and then leave the diner, never to return

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

1glitch0 posted:

nah I don't think that I just think ranting about kids using litterboxes probably isn't a winner.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

We're all cable news talking heads but no one is getting paid for it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

oh no! by total coincidence, the grizzled every man is a local republican party official! again! how does this keep happening?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Aurubin posted:

We're all cable news talking heads but no one is getting paid for it.

they need to put being a politics sicko in the DSM

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/dril/status/118473605293162496

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

The combination of 75% feeling angry/unhappy about the state of country and then voting back in an almost identical government party composition is very odd. Everyone is unhappy, but change is also impossible. We looked bad on the last 2 years and demanded 2 more years of the same useless gridlock status quo.

It's not as though there are any (electoral) alternatives. If anything this demonstrates an unexpectedly high level of awareness by voters.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

croup coughfield posted:

they should keep doing it. every time a cspam thread is in agreement that something will happen the opposite does, it's remarkably consistent

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the democrats shamble on but a lot of very stupid and funny stuff happened so it's a push, I think

I've previously contended that the funniest result would be the Democrats continuing to hold power and having to make up more excuses about why they still aren't doing anything.

Agean90 posted:

they should keep doing it. every time a cspam thread is in agreement that something will happen the opposite does, it's remarkably consistent

That's good news for the environment!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I think the sop of capital is to play both sides of the election in order to secure a permanent state of deadlock and therefore, neither party will ever be destroyed.

Except in Florida, the democrats were definitely destroyed in florida.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

political junkies pretending they're not jonesing for a hit of the election tracker needle is sad

projection

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tricky D posted:

I think the sop of capital is to play both sides of the election in order to secure a permanent state of deadlock and therefore, neither party will ever be destroyed.

Except in Florida, the democrats were definitely destroyed in florida.

the democrats in florida are a completely fake potemkin political party. them running loving charlie crist for like his fifth straight statewide loss is absolute proof of this

speng31b
May 8, 2010

starting to think the entire state of florida is a climate change dem honeypot

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

. Wrong thread

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I’m sad the Dems didn’t lose, but I’m glad the republicans didn’t win

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Charlie Crist just loves to lose. He can lose from the comfort of his living room and gets paid handsomely to do it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Agean90 posted:

basta

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I’m sad the Dems didn’t lose, but I’m glad the republicans didn’t win

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BASTA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

also the NY Dems humiliating themselves provides more than enough demlols for me tbh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

croup coughfield posted:

Shut up and :justpost:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
bummer that debbie wasperman shultz kept her job in FL despite dems gettin owned

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mad Wack posted:

bummer that debbie wasperman shultz kept her job in FL despite dems gettin owned

Yeah that's a real... "buzz" kill hahaha

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'll be interested in the stats on voter demographics. Did the Democrats manage to mobilize youth turnout after all? Did the anti-vax movement genuinely kill off a meaningful % of the far right base?

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Corbeau posted:

I'll be interested in the stats on voter demographics. Did the Democrats manage to mobilize youth turnout after all? Did the anti-vax movement genuinely kill off a meaningful % of the far right base?

amazingly the answer appears to be yes for both

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Plenty of people dont vote but they literally aren't counted.

Until compliance is more deadly than defiance/the state fails from being able to acquire feedback enough to maintain homeostasis this is how it is. Increasingly stupid poo poo until the larger system doesn't have the power to stop someone from just becoming more independent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
listen just lend me one more prediction and i swear itll work out this time