Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Looks like I might end up getting both of these this time, especially if the Paradox ‘mons are all one-offs.

We know pretty much nothing about these so that's not a given. You could get several of most ultra beasts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Avalerion posted:

We know pretty much nothing about these so that's not a given. You could get several of most ultra beasts though.

Yeah, hopefully. This is why data leaks are important!!!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Hammerite posted:

It's weird that Nintendo always goes after the leakers hard when it starts in earnest the week or so before release, because the leaks always get me hyped up for the new game and make me really want to buy it. This time is no exception

(I mean I know it's for copyright or whatever other corporate reason but the reveals definitely make me more likely to buy the game at release as opposed to waiting, which is presumably something Nintendo would want)

The leaks are the only reason I have excitement for the game, the official marketing has been awful. Especially wrt to some story twists, though that's slightly more understandable to keep hidden. But show off all the drat mons :argh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am probably going to go grass starter. The concept of the last form it has makes me smile, also its stats makes it seem like it would be a nice special attacker.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nanigans posted:

Looks like I might end up getting both of these this time, especially if the Paradox ‘mons are all one-offs. I can’t ask anyone to part with their Future Volcarona permanently if you can only have one.

The leaks state that you can get as many of them as you want.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Eimi posted:

The leaks are the only reason I have excitement for the game, the official marketing has been awful.

What, you don't like Ed Sheeran?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Big L for customization, as it looks like we have a 'uniform' slot as part of character customization, and the uniforms we've seen all look terrible after so much freedom in SuMo and SwSh.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Eiba posted:

We've heard from leaks and seen an icon of a pokemon that is a whole family of cute little white mice. All together. As one pokemon. It sounds cute as hell and it reflects poorly on the leakers that they're not making a priority of showing it to us.

Yeah this is what I'm talking about. Show me the mice!!!!!!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Gonna be naming mine after r/relationships thread superstar Timothy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Bee posted:

Gonna be naming mine after r/relationships thread superstar Timothy.

ok

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaze Dragon posted:

The leaks state that you can get as many of them as you want.

Oh, gently caress yes. That’s great news!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Eimi posted:

The leaks are the only reason I have excitement for the game, the official marketing has been awful. Especially wrt to some story twists, though that's slightly more understandable to keep hidden. But show off all the drat mons :argh:

Lets get real here, at this point the leaks basically ARE the marketing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Have we gotten bst lists for any new pokes that aren't the starters yet? I need to know if the kamen rider bug is good or not

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Supremezero posted:

Yeah, which makes them going after the leaders darkly ironic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Have we gotten bst lists for any new pokes that aren't the starters yet? I need to know if the kamen rider bug is good or not

Theres one for the cover legendaries and paradoxes but I'm really not trusting any 4ch-spawned leaks (including the starter ones you mentioned) until verified elsewhere because there's already been several fake ones specifically posted to Le Epic Trolle centro

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yo i am LOVING the violet designs for all the paradoxes, especially the gallade and tyranitar

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just looked at the wikipedia page for Sword and Shield and the "Dexit" bullshit is part of the article.

Like it's actually loving called Dexit.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nodosaur posted:

I just looked at the wikipedia page for Sword and Shield and the "Dexit" bullshit is part of the article.

Like it's actually loving called Dexit.

Gamers are terrible at naming things

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Zuzie posted:

Gamers are terrible

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Supremezero posted:

Absolutely. They're hyper word of mouth, and it's what got me to buy PLA in the first place. (the ROM dump got a friend of mine, who is very critical of stuff, to play and as soon as she said it was the best since BW2, I slammed that pre-order)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

mecha Gallardevoir is at least better than base Gallade or Mega Gallade. Still not a fan of the entire pelvis situation but at least it's more understandable aesthetically.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zuzie posted:

Gamers are terrible at naming things

???

Dexit was a perfectly fine name lol

Curmudgeonly goons

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Feeling pretty good about my Scarlet purchase although I may get Violet just for Ceruledge and future Gallade. I dunno maybe somebody can trade me the evolutionary item for the former.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah if anything dexit was clever given the region gen 8 took place in

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dexit was a terrible name for a bullshit controversy and it at most deserved a passing mention in the reception section, not the header of the drat article

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

Dexit was a terrible name for a bullshit controversy and it at most deserved a passing mention in the reception section, not the header of the drat article

You know a nerd wrote that into the article right

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I remember hearing that the paradox pokemon are one-offs in the sense that if they have other stages of evolution normally, they don't here. I hope, if that's the case, they make the ones that are typically pre-evolutions have good base stats so I can use Jigglypuff and Misdreavus since I'm excited for them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Framboise posted:

I remember hearing that the paradox pokemon are one-offs in the sense that if they have other stages of evolution normally, they don't here. I hope, if that's the case, they make the ones that are typically pre-evolutions have good base stats so I can use Jigglypuff and Misdreavus since I'm excited for them.

All of them have the same bst, except for one in each game which is slightly higher

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

You know a nerd wrote that into the article right

yes, I do. But it's stuck around all this time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Framboise posted:

They all have the same BST as the Ultra Beasts so don't worry about it.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

loving gamers with their bad names like Dexit, unlike non-gamers with good names like Brexit

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Call me crazy but maybe they shouldn't name stupid controversies about cartoon animals after a right wing thing that's led to hurt for large numbers of people

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dexit was also right wing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Blaze Dragon posted:

They all have the same BST as the Ultra Beasts so don't worry about it.

yeah just literally ignore what stage in evolution they are compared to their normal lines, gamefreak was very much going for certain aesthetics in what they wanted them to look like and otherwise made them fairly chunky standalone pokemon

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

dexit was also right wing

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Nodosaur posted:

Call me crazy but maybe they shouldn't name stupid controversies about cartoon animals after a right wing thing that's led to hurt for large numbers of people

Maybe they should have held down B

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure old magneton is using its magnets as hosed up legs and I'm about it. I like magneton more than magnezone anyway.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I think the future mons mostly look stupid but I do really like future Volcarona

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Nihilarian posted:

I'm pretty sure old magneton is using its magnets as hosed up legs and I'm about it. I like magneton more than magnezone anyway.

Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
All Pokémon so far are Cool and Good, imo

except Quaxly’s evolutions