Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

big black turnout posted:

Every "mastodon is like..." I see is somehow a worse description of the site than the last

This is why I never used it, I would google Mastodon and get a bunch of conflicting and confusing information and just go :effort:

Content edit: elon musk dies mumbling "twitter" and the camera zooms in on a snow globe with a blue check falling from his dead fingers

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Has anyone put together a "listen to bitcoin"-like site that makes wacky noises on Eloncompany market activity? Bonus points for all the crypto and *coins around the companies, too

I was thinking slide whistles trombones and tubas, but I'll take a morning radio soundboard too

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

how’s the floor sleeping management lady taking this

Presumably she now was against the idea from the start

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

God drat musk is such a moron and now everyone sees it except the true muskovites who look dumb by association

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

lol nice try, I know a banme thread when I see one, Kirkland Signature Lowtax

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
elon still doesnt seem to grasp that no one wanted the blue checkmark, they wanted what it symbolizes: that twitter backs up that they are who they claim to be

reducing it to a shiny piece of flair removed all that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

gotta feel great being on these teams that work 15+ hour days to roll out some new feature the boss asked for 3 days ago, you deploy it, and he says nevermind changed my mind

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ProfessorMarvel posted:

lol nice try, I know a banme thread when I see one, Kirkland Signature Lowtax

hey, kirkland brand poo poo is often better than the other brands. don't you dare besmirch costco.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1590388608359628800

No no it's fine, really!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did Lowtax ever say that once he's dead he'll rise up again, more powerful than we can imagine?
:kstare:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bro yeah dont knock the cheap costco pizza and dogs bar

e: who do you think Twitter is gonna get sold to/be ghost operated by

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Buce posted:

hey, kirkland brand poo poo is often better than the other brands. don't you dare besmirch costco.

Kirkland has bottles of 600 25mg pills diphenhydramine for only 8 bux and it rules

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Did he just tag his account with a custom "Livin' the dream" tag?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Buce posted:

Most (all?) of the time Kirkland brand is just literally name brand stuff that is relabeled.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Maybe Esther thinks she can still get a pony even without becoming the next Ms. "No, I totally wanted to name my - sorry, Elon's - Elon's child after the model of door lock most common to washing machines in Western Europe."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Actually when musk said he killed it he meant he actually didn’t

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Unperson_47 posted:

Kirkland has bottles of 600 25mg pills diphenhydramine for only 8 bux and it rules

Named after the prophet himself:goatsecx:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The clear messaging that the markets love from their overly rich men.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Presumably that "Official" moniker only shows up if you actually click through to look at someone's profile? What if you just see their tweet that has the regular old $8 blue check mark that for years has meant it's the authentic person?

Why not just make the super-verified people have gold checks or something, I dunno.

Obviously Musk doesn't see any problem with launching features and then unwinding them as soon as he gets any negative feedback from someone noteworthy enough. Those poor engineers working through the night to get this poo poo done.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The blue check should be on a popsicle stick

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

fuckin lol

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Most (all?) of the time Kirkland brand is just literally name brand stuff that is relabeled.

There's some way to look up the barcodes. I remember the local "best value" brie came from a dairy giant in france.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1590386711179464705?s=20&t=6TMsTyPElFPc4dOqVd-gtA

Everything is fine! The Dumb Thing I spent all weekend implementing was a bad idea and wise Elon was right to destroy it. I shall do my best to avoid disappointing him in the future.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they should try having planning meetings.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Esther more like worsther

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
how is it not exhausting to work for this man

like, you spend all this time making something he approves of and then he takes a keybump and suddenly removes it and your first instinct is "Yes sir you're a visionary sir I love you sir"?

deano
Sep 6, 2000

has elon seen the wonder of the green man yet? tempting to reg up just to pelt him with that or call him a c***

edit : he has been shreked

deano fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 9, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is presumably her job to agree with whatever he says. I assume she's getting the big bucks.

Is the twitter engineer who was describing the broken chains of service management still employed?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol did anyone post this one yet

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590384919829962752?s=46&t=YCd-TbFs_SoidJb59TVdNg

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590384919829962752?s=20&t=E3MFGqFw5BaNMujtRW0QDw

Gee, I hadn't noticed.

e;fb

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Hobo Clown posted:

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/status/1590386711179464705?s=20&t=6TMsTyPElFPc4dOqVd-gtA

Everything is fine! The Dumb Thing I spent all weekend implementing was a bad idea and wise Elon was right to destroy it. I shall do my best to avoid disappointing him in the future.

lovely to know that i cant look for a checkmark to know if this lady has any authority or is just an elon stan

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Hobo Clown posted:

I don't know anything about running a business but wouldn't it make more sense to just not do those "dumb things" he mentioned?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ashley has a bit of humanity to her that comes out now and then, more believable as a character than esther

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Watch out folks discussing a certain elon stan/employee is probatable, apparently! :lmao:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Imagine working at Twitter knowing if you can just delay starting projects by a day or two you never have to do anything ever again

also, imagine working at Twitter lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

priznat posted:

Watch out folks discussing a certain elon stan/employee is probatable, apparently! :lmao:

No, just being a creep and speculating about her sex life is.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Tiny Timbs posted:

No, just being a creep and speculating about her sex life is.

hmm yes something I absolutely did not do, but regardless

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Bad Purchase posted:

ashley has a bit of humanity to her that comes out now and then, more believable as a character than esther

Same level of working for overly confident and potentially dangerous sociopathic dickbags, though