Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Blitter posted:

Just gotta get that man some fancy cookies, and he'll be set!

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

He finally did it. Just like people endlessly repost dril tweets, Elong now has one that people will remember any time someone says "Hey, remember that Twitter site that used to be a thing?"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RachelTobac/status/1590426427828367360?s=20&t=22c-M7KpHTqMFGzT94FC2Q

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:monocle:

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1590417017248436224

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Looks like my crypto fraud business is going to have a new home

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/alibreland/status/1590411665128198145?s=20&t=rOpF8mlJr_HiwpDvU__KGA

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it really is reaching the point where i can't sort out the jokes from reality. i could fully believe this even though it must be a joke right?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

are we sure this is the real elon in the space and not a crypto imposter?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

it really is reaching the point where i can't sort out the jokes from reality. i could fully believe this even though it must be a joke right?

the poster has a checkmark, i believe it

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Oh boy this is really going to be fun.

Man is loving insane

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Its Paypal but WORSE.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I see it only took a matter of hours for the blue check to directly translate to “give me all your money I swear I’m not a scam” but uhhh including Twitter itself??? Did not see that coming.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So he wants people to pour money into Twitter to use it to pay off his loans before running away?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

some very good news! for twitcoin!

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 9, 2022

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

CommieGIR posted:

Its Paypal but WORSE.

Roughly 100% chance the high yield account has a back-end crypto exchange

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would he suddenly be interested in having access to a large pool of liquid assets?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

i think this was from the Twitter Spaces "townhall" where musk was mumbling and stuttering through non-answers to questions

i wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly just decided, in the moment, that twitter would become an Epic High Interest Savings Bank

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I was fully on board for Elon destroying Twitter but if he gets into the financial market, he might actually bankrupt himself!
:allears:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

By popular demand posted:

I was fully on board for Elon destroying Twitter but if he gets into the financial market, he might actually bankrupt himself!
:allears:

Nah he’s got his Dogecoin

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Roughly 100% chance the high yield account has a back-end crypto exchange

And will steal all your money.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

CommieGIR posted:

Its Paypal but WORSE.

If your money is directly on Twitter, think how much the NFT bros will pay to be able scam the marks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

crime weed posted:

i think this was from the Twitter Spaces "townhall" where musk was mumbling and stuttering through non-answers to questions

i wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly just decided, in the moment, that twitter would become an Epic High Interest Savings Bank

I should've known. I kinda hope this one sticks though, Twitter going down because Elon had a mumbly public idea about taking it into the financial industry would be a very funny outcome that I did not predict.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:lol: at elon rug-pulling the entire twitter base

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

:lol: at elon rug-pulling the entire twitter base

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Give every checkmark a fractionally different colour gradient and sell them as NFTs.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I'm really excited about this new business model.

You give us your money, we park it in TCOIN at 10% per year. Great deal for you, and TCOIN is a stablecoin, algorithmicly linked to another cryptocoin in a way that it just can't lose value. Because of the math (it's very complicated).

How do we make money if we're giving you 10% return per year? Well, as more people invest the price goes up, probably more than 10% per year, and we keep the extra. The price just keeps going up as more and more people invest, we make money, you make money, everyone wins! It's not a pump and dump, it's a pump and pump! It's not a rug pull, everyone gets *two* rugs!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Being paid in company script is a better financial plan than putting your money in "Bank of Elo...errr Twitter".

RDM posted:

You give us your money, we park it in TCOIN at 10% per year. Great deal for you, and TCOIN is a stablecoin, algorithmicly linked to another cryptocoin in a way that it just can't lose value. Because of the math (it's very complicated).

How do we make money if we're giving you 10% return per year? Well, as more people invest the price goes up, probably more than 10% per year, and we keep the extra. The price just keeps going up as more and more people invest, we make money, you make money, everyone wins! It's not a pump and dump, it's a pump and pump!

I'm sold.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm totally on board with a bunch of cryptobros and muskites losing money, but I don't like the idea of Elom getting it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I was thinking today that Microsoft's strategy for their enterprise cloud platform I work with is a lot like Elon here: let's just push out updates (trust us we tested them they work) and if it breaks? We'll give you a hotfix if enough people complain, rolled out at our leisure

this is an enterprise finance platform, and we are a relatively tiny consumer of it, and even still it handles nearly all of our operations in three countries, inventory, COGS, etc. It cannot be down 5 minutes let alone "?? we'll let you know" because MS pushed another fix that broke an entire module of the system (who needs to actually do invoice payments, right?). They were notorious for this during the early adoption phase - update packages that passed MS's certification (lmao) would regularly break just random, weird things, but visible enough things that "how the gently caress did their regression testing not catch this"

Just iterate through it baby. So what if that hurried prod release just cost us tens of millions in lost revenue, next time? We'll do it better. That's progress baby!

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

goatface posted:

I'm totally on board with a bunch of cryptobros and muskites losing money, but I don't like the idea of Elom getting it.

The My Pillow guy is a "billionaire" and he personally goes out to hundreds of random QAnon conferences to run a booth there that sells $20 pillows. Sounds like a future for Musk's grift. He'll hawk his blue checkmarks at various conspiracy conference booths.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

RDM posted:

How do we make money if we're giving you 10% return per year? Well, as more people invest the price goes up, probably more than 10% per year, and we keep the extra. The price just keeps going up as more and more people invest, we make money, you make money, everyone wins! It's not a pump and dump, it's a pump and pump! It's not a rug pull, everyone gets *two* rugs!

Oh my god how much and how fast can I put money into this, Elon you are a geniuses

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just saw Marques video where he was giving constructive ideas on how to make Twitter an "S-tier" platform in case Musk was watching.

Fairly sure Musk isn't listening.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

i mean it's one n-word, elon, how much could it cost? $8?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

goatface posted:

Why would he suddenly be interested in having access to a large pool of liquid assets?

If Elon finally goes down because he was trying to madoff style ponzi this poo poo, i will simply die laughing maniacally

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Good news everyone, this morning I turned Twitter into a socks company! Production in Bangladesh has already started, you are all fired! Goodbye

Next day: Socks are dead. I sold the socks plant in Bangladesh. Currently looking to hire 7000 IT people to pivot Twitter more towards social media again

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Can't wait until Elon hires Do Kwon as a consultant for the new Twitcoin and Nestcoin project, interpol red notice be damned

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

rotinaj posted:

If Elon finally goes down because he was trying to madoff style ponzi this poo poo, i will simply die laughing maniacally

I would too.

But he won't.

Meritocracy!

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/AGoldmund/status/1590386510003867648/photo/1

lmao

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What in the sam hell does this even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU