Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

crepeface posted:

each episode is about 30 minutes and there are a million of them.

alternatives are Programmed to Chill, Inward Empire and American Exception

Alright got through 13 episodes. Not my favorite podcast of all time but exactly the podcast I needed for this project. The fact that the outro music perfectly syncs to the intro music is a huge bonus.

Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the weed isn’t too strong, the kids just didn’t graduate to it the way people who came up smoking mexibrick, got a local outdoor connect, then an indoor guy, then the Colorado/other legal state hookup.

you can’t jump feet first into the deep end and just swim, work up to it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've enjoyed a lot of cumtown clips but haven't really listened to the show itself, what're some of the best episodes?

i already know i want to listen to the one where they just do a crossword.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

selec posted:

the weed isn’t too strong, the kids just didn’t graduate to it the way people who came up smoking mexibrick, got a local outdoor connect, then an indoor guy, then the Colorado/other legal state hookup.

lol this is spot-on

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cloks posted:

I've enjoyed a lot of cumtown clips but haven't really listened to the show itself, what're some of the best episodes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kUesvSNG-8

but yeah also the crossword one

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LastInLine posted:

Alright got through 13 episodes. Not my favorite podcast of all time but exactly the podcast I needed for this project. The fact that the outro music perfectly syncs to the intro music is a huge bonus.

Thanks again.

If you need a podcast for that in the future ghost stories is very good.

https://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Cloks posted:

this is the pirate feed that includes the bonus episodes: http://www.patreon.com/rss/cumtownRSS?auth=Sk3CTXwaTx0Aw_bT2PxSmYnN-st3sdxB

start with:
episode 3 - the sleepy boys
episode 18 - je suis charlie
bonus 5 - bully town
bonus - horni for mccaine
Bonus ep Adams replacement
episode 111 - the forbidden zone
bonus ep - I’m not diddy kong
Bonus episode 72 Tom petty and the shArtbreakers
Ep 112 Guilty conscience

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

selec posted:

Tru

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cloks posted:

ep 151 Pussy for lobster is one of the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4orucTW9M_Q

also the montgomery gentry one. premium ep 241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El28bX2vKbU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Which one is the stavbot ep, that was my first and a perfect introduction to Stav’s contributions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

Which one is the stavbot ep, that was my first and a perfect introduction to Stav’s contributions

lol that'd be a great first ep ever

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I think I started with m'gay mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh20g4BooCc

crepeface has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Nov 10, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sadly I started listening to Cumtown with episode 2. I didn't get to experience the pre-Adam era when it happened.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
powerful liz voice on the latest true anon

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

selec posted:

first time i smoked actual good weed tech, brought into lisbon by a emigré from the states, got me having a panic attack and for the next couple of days the lights at work hurt my head lol

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Atrocious Joe posted:

sadly I listen to Cumtown

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Is there an e1 pirate feed?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ramadu posted:

Is there an e1 pirate feed?

No, everyone agrees that they are the only podcast that is worth and deserves your money

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Also the name makes it difficult to pirate. You just keep finding episode one of every other podcast

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
Branson was a great shocktober guest this week

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

a.p. dent posted:

Branson was a great shocktober guest this week

He was pretty good. It's nice when the guest is familiar with the material. I'm kind of sick of Chris James though.

*Bryan starts playing a clip*

2 seconds later: "Wait hold on, pause pause pause. hold on. Now I don't know if I've mentioned this but I host a show where I prank call people :words:"

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

He was pretty good. It's nice when the guest is familiar with the material. I'm kind of sick of Chris James though.

*Bryan starts playing a clip*

2 seconds later: "Wait hold on, pause pause pause. hold on. Now I don't know if I've mentioned this but I host a show where I prank call people :words:"

i stan chris james, but that is fair

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

I haven't read Freakonomics but I have heard the "legal abortion made the crime rate go down" argument in passing years ago.

Come to think of it, my wife has a bookshelf full of stuff designed to make her look smart while on video calls for work (none of which she has actually read, for better or worse), I'll have to keep an eye out for anything on there that gets covered by the show. I know for a fact that there's a copy of Outliers on there and it sounds like next episode is going to be on Malcolm Gladwell.

lol a new If Books Could Kill dropped today and it's on Outliers. Should I read it before listening to the ep?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I was forced to read outliers by my junior year English teacher, and it sucked

She also really loved Tom Friedman

My 9th grade teacher stopped and now writes queer romance stories which I'm told are good

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Gripweed posted:

No, everyone agrees that they are the only podcast that is worth and deserves your money

Ok what if I can't afford to do that tho

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

C-Euro posted:

lol a new If Books Could Kill dropped today and it's on Outliers. Should I read it before listening to the ep?

no need to subject yourself to it. if you liked their first ep you'll like this one.

they're giving me citations needed vibes where they're doing obvious leftist critiques of things maybe a lot of people haven't thought about through that lens. enjoy before it goes stale

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Hooplah posted:

no need to subject yourself to it. if you liked their first ep you'll like this one.

they're giving me citations needed vibes where they're doing obvious leftist critiques of things maybe a lot of people haven't thought about through that lens. enjoy before it goes stale

anything good on citations needed since the spring or so? it feels so stale and you can tell where everything’s going to go.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i did like it for the first year but "did y'all know check-cashing places are ripoffs and could be replaced by USPS banking services" isn't helpful to me anymore, yeah. tell me ted cruz' jogging route or something useful

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I’m in the same boat as you two. Haven’t listened in a few years now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CN is fine

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Hooplah posted:

I’m in the same boat as you two. Haven’t listened in a few years now

ditto

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i have a babybrain ask me why i'm yelling all the time it's still a great recommendation tbh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

E1 just dropped Heat 3

I briefly wondered if I should read Heat 2 before listening but the I remembered their Sideways episode and realized I’ll probably be fine.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Adam Johnson is a big dweeb and has goatenstein brain. otherwise it’s ‘fine’

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

TrueAnon having so many schizo haters owns.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just listened to more of the Jack Wagner paranormal TrueAnon episode, and it is very funny. I like the part when he's like "you know how there are different wavelengths of light, like infrared or ultraviolet, and we're discovering more all the time" Say what, lol?

I've noticed that people who say "I'm a skeptical person, but" are sort of similar to most other situations where someone uses that kind of language. It seems like it usually means "I really want to believe this stuff but I'm prepared to be disappointed when something is obviously bullshit (but will excitedly embrace anything that isn't immediately detectable as bullshit)"

I feel like "the skeptic community" being a thing that exists and usually sucks has lead a bunch of people to believe all sorts of dumb stuff simply because of the negative image associated with "people who are skeptical/doubtful."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

brace infiltrated the DSA and told them to do their dishes

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

anything good on citations needed since the spring or so? it feels so stale and you can tell where everything’s going to go.

It's bad imo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I just listened to more of the Jack Wagner paranormal TrueAnon episode, and it is very funny. I like the part when he's like "you know how there are different wavelengths of light, like infrared or ultraviolet, and we're discovering more all the time" Say what, lol?

I've noticed that people who say "I'm a skeptical person, but" are sort of similar to most other situations where someone uses that kind of language. It seems like it usually means "I really want to believe this stuff but I'm prepared to be disappointed when something is obviously bullshit (but will excitedly embrace anything that isn't immediately detectable as bullshit)"

I feel like "the skeptic community" being a thing that exists and usually sucks has lead a bunch of people to believe all sorts of dumb stuff simply because of the negative image associated with "people who are skeptical/doubtful."

This is a very good description of most of the posts in the ufo thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

"you know how there are different wavelengths of light, like infrared or ultraviolet, and we're discovering more all the time"

* audible gasp from liz *