Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/waEMD/status/1590422990894026752?s=20&t=K1KkOLd_buQCGI8141RjHg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wow, adults in the room offering actual advice.

I fear its beyond most internet users to navigate to a website and then a Twitter link, tho.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The best part is that Elon has now tweeted that it's all working by design (in the form of emojis) - as twitter keeps each $8 from each ban. He's probably getting legions of fans going LOL SO SMART as each instance repulses thousands upon thousands of ad dollars from companies that don't want to be impersonated and governments interested in the newly-minted scam factory.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How long until somebody does Disney and gets this whole sorry operation shut down?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

This has some pretty bad implications for the war in Ukraine in regards to verification being meaningless.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The best part is that Elon has now tweeted that it's all working by design (in the form of emojis) - as twitter keeps each $8 from each ban. He's probably getting legions of fans going LOL SO SMART as each instance repulses thousands upon thousands of ad dollars from companies that don't want to be impersonated and governments interested in the newly-minted scam factory.

Stealing the something awful monetization loop I see.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Yet more evidence that Elon is a goon. I'm sure he must be a FYAD flameout. There is no way he didn't try to be one of the cool kids.

Cursed forum.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

How long until somebody does Disney and gets this whole sorry operation shut down?

"This Holiday season we've gone deep in the Disney vault to re-release a classic, that's right, Song of the South"

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Holy smokes that new All Quiet On The Western Front remake is absolutely insane. Just a harrowing depiction of what a nightmare the trenches were and what it did to people.

Seconding this, incredibly well done movie. A must watch for anyone interested.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Discussion Quorum posted:

Yet more evidence that Elon is a goon. I'm sure he must be a FYAD flameout. There is no way he didn't try to be one of the cool kids.

Cursed forum.

Funny you mention FYAD:
https://twitter.com/Arr/status/1588021175493562372

I think that account belongs to long-departed admin Fragmaster.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Midjack posted:

Funny you mention FYAD:

Definitely not Fragmaster lol, but Arr was a FYAD poster yes

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Midjack posted:

Funny you mention FYAD:

Arr is Dr David Thorpe fyi

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

NJersey posted:

Seconding this, incredibly well done movie. A must watch for anyone interested.

Nthing this. It's a real gut punch of a film. Excellent pacing too. Worth a watch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Arr is Dr David Thorpe fyi

Thank you, someone had said it was one of the old front page guys in another thread but I couldn't find it. :cheerdoge:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
If he wants to make real money he should implement custom titles on Twitter. Can you imagine every chud in America being able to buy a red text for Nancy Pelosi? Money printer go brrrr, as the young folks say

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elon is the guy who walks into fyad, and then gets chain probated for 3 months because he made an rear end of himself

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Has anyone done a blue check Putin announcing a nuclear first strike yet?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Christ don't do that

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Cugel the Clever posted:

Has anyone done a blue check Putin announcing a nuclear first strike yet?

Not in a way anyone's cared about yet. It's obviously been tweeted somewhere but not with success

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Lauren Boebert has gone radio silent since the first real election results came back.

Lenny Dykstra decided now is the time to shoot his shot.

https://twitter.com/LennyDykstra/status/1590407856435576832

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

GD_American posted:

Lauren Boebert has gone radio silent since the first real election results came back.

Lenny Dykstra decided now is the time to shoot his shot.

https://twitter.com/LennyDykstra/status/1590407856435576832

lmao thirsting for an insurrectionist

also, wanting sloppy seconds from ted cruz

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

lmao thirsting for an insurrectionist

also, wanting sloppy seconds from ted cruz

He is her type; he did time for indecent exposure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

You don't pay $44B for a loss-makinf growth(?)-stage tech company to... earn net interest margin.

heh, you might not

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

FTC decrees are loving brutal for your company’s legal and compliance teams. A previous employer had a subsidiary under one because the higher ups thought they could big time the FTC folk and got slapped hard for their efforts. Then you have the escalatory fines for repeated non-compliance. As far as I know they’re just now exiting that expensive state of affairs and funnily enough it was also about a website and it’s security concerns.

Of course this is just one story, and the only FTC decree I’ve ever been tangentially involved with. So grain of salt and all.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nystral posted:

FTC decrees are loving brutal for your company’s legal and compliance teams. A previous employer had a subsidiary under one because the higher ups thought they could big time the FTC folk and got slapped hard for their efforts. Then you have the escalatory fines for repeated non-compliance. As far as I know they’re just now exiting that expensive state of affairs and funnily enough it was also about a website and it’s security concerns.

Of course this is just one story, and the only FTC decree I’ve ever been tangentially involved with. So grain of salt and all.

Oh you mean the same teams he just almost completely eradicated?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Twitter's going well!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Twitter's going well!

Me too George, me too.

I mean uhh, hey how are engineers so goddamn stupid?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/politics/navy-engineer-wife-conspiracy-submarine-sentence/index.html

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Uh

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1590729219306242048?s=46&t=RLKoENWVCxz_LCZ_hTmaiQ

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Possible that Twitter is in even worse shape than we think it is:

https://twitter.com/HaysKali/status/1590729729208119297?t=pRwcVskm8qohNLQAQ08Czg&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'M NOT AFRAID OF THE FTC - someone who should be much more afraid of the FTC

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1590724259114291201?t=MZsXdNgCSWMf3kwwx6TCDg&s=19

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1590725083294990336?t=U6Hd63z1N1tjlKeI8LoxRQ&s=19

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Could someone with more knowledge clarify something? It seems like since Twitter is no longer publicly traded Elon can just lie about whatever he wants. Are there any avenues of accountability for him due to the ownership or financing structure that he has to deal with?

e: I guess existing FTC warnings too

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The work from office order is gonna nuke their employee count. No reason to work in tech for a company that wont let you work tickets from the comfort of your bed.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So what happens when Musky baby loses the saudis billions of dollars? Does he run the risk of getting Khashoggi'd? Is he completely underwater at this point?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1590709954104930304?t=p13gX5VhawJxrNU3QKg5aQ&s=19

At least it wasn't a Russian warship

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Defenestrategy posted:

The work from office order is gonna nuke their employee count. No reason to work in tech for a company that wont let you work tickets from the comfort of your bed.

Well that and the bit where "engineers must self-certify" that their code complies with the FTC order. Repeat after me, Twitter engineers: "I ain't signing a goddamn thing, fuckman"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
What if we all think Elon wants to be a poster but he really wants in on the speed running community?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

What if we all think Elon wants to be a poster but he really wants in on the speed running community?

44bn to $0, any felonies%.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Well that and the bit where "engineers must self-certify" that their code complies with the FTC order. Repeat after me, Twitter engineers: "I ain't signing a goddamn thing, fuckman"

I'd be more worried about the ton of low level IT nerds that keep twitters infrastructure running shrugging and hrading for greener pastures than a bunch of engineers sitting it out until cooler heads prevail.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Defenestrategy posted:

I'd be more worried about the ton of low level IT nerds that keep twitters infrastructure running shrugging and hrading for greener pastures than a bunch of engineers sitting it out until cooler heads prevail.

They are already gone. They got nuked with the firings. Twitter is on a timeline now before it collapses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That fake check mark thing is a scammer’s paradise, probably already done millions in damage and wouldn’t be surprised if it has a body count soon when people start impersonating police or government agencies. A scammer with 50k bot followers could be easily pretend to be a blue check mark city emergency service and cause a panic.

Defenestrategy posted:

For sure, probably hundreds of workers who don’t care about Elon’s ethics but will not start commuting into San Francisco five days a week when they could hop ship.