Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Gros Tarla posted:

gently caress I was reading this while putting the baby to sleep and now I woke her up laughing manically

great going rear end in a top hat

should have used protectiopn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Big 'Rich rear end in a top hat flails $200,000 Lamborghini into several cars and lampposts right outside the dealership' energy.

Is this the most significant loss of capital by a single person in human history? I mean that in the 'single person' sense as well as the 'single person' sense.

e: 220,000 $200,000 lamborginis.

That's two hundred and twenty Walmart parking lots filled with $200,000 Lambos. I can't even picture that. What the gently caress how does a single person accumulate that much power? How does a single person acknowledge they could single handledly solve world hunger, and then gently caress that off to piss it all on loving twitter? The amount of good I can do with a meaningless fraction of that wealth and he doesn;t give a single poo poo about anyone but himself. This is hosed. What the loving gently caress is wrong with this species that we'd let this happen? gently caress! I'm losing it. I need a drink and a smoke and a Walmart parking lot filled with Lambos. Aaahhhhhhhhhhh

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 10, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Outrail posted:

Big 'Rich rear end in a top hat flails $200,000 Lamborghini into several cars and lampposts right outside the dealership' energy.

Is this the most significant loss of capital by a single person in human history? I mean that in the 'single person' sense as well as the 'single person' sense.

Lmao, tweet that last sentence and cc him on it

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Anyone who thinks this is true should have a chat with Canute and Diogenes.
Yeah man, and Hunter S. Thompson like totally did all those drugs he said he did.

Fools get away with telling rich dudes to go gently caress themselves, because they're fools. Everyone else gets put in the deep fryer.

priznat posted:

Lmao, tweet that last sentence and cc him on it
Lmao loving do it that's worth burning an account.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Outrail posted:

mansa musa probably bought some pretty embarrassing things, if only social media had existed back then so we would know

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Outrail posted:

Probably, though some crypto-bro lost something like $16 billion this week when his crypto exchange flatlined. Twitter is worth something even if we know it's not worth what Elon paid for it. Was it worth $30 billion? Who knows. We also know it won't be worth very much at all when he's done with it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

this is funny when its people making obvious jokes, and theres very obvious bad faith actors who will be snuffed out like people trying to pretend to be major politicians, but shits gonna get dark pretty quick when you get people pretending to be d-list celebrities to try and get access to starstruck teens, or low-level politicians to try and cause local issues. not to mention the twitter security team going after this stuff is overwhelmingly american, itd be easy to imitate, say, a japanese artist or a brazilian musician, even relatively known ones.

and i still dont understand what he means by 'democratization,' because even if you take the worst bad faith approach and say he wants random republicans to be able to have a checkmark to make their election conspiracies seem credible, he's just removed all credibility of the checkmark. it seems like he really thought the purpose it served was just aesthetic.

Elon has reached the GBS 2.0 phase of his "Become Lowtax" plan

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bill Hwang lost 20billion on stocks last year. In 2 weeks.

I think this is the line Elon has to beat to be biggest loser ever (in dollars)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Elon has reached the GBS 2.0 phase of his "Become Lowtax" plan

That gives us what, like 2 and a half weeks until the thrilling conclusion?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kdrudy posted:

That gives us what, like 2 and a half weeks until the thrilling conclusion?

he has to buy lease a GT-R first

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

BlackIronHeart posted:

Probably, though some crypto-bro lost something like $16 billion this week when his crypto exchange flatlined. Twitter is worth something even if we know it's not worth what Elon paid for it. Was it worth $30 billion? Who knows. We also know it won't be worth very much at all when he's done with it.

The crypto FTX bro had his billions as a market cap of his scam token that turned out to be a scam (as expected) so I'd hardly identify him as someone who could really pull out all those virtual billions as USD and become an oligarch. Musk's billions being in a publically traded company with an insane valuation are a lot more real. And he already used a shitload of them to buy another public, real company. He could have done so much public good with that money instead of imploding a company and firing half the workforce there.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 10, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

I Greyhound posted:

The man really is making Twitter into discount SA

Someone needs to suggest to him the 'buy another twitter user an avatar' revenue stream.

He's a goon. Show yourself.

https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1590410327577227265

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Outrail posted:

i feel like there probably have been a few inbred medieval kings/nobles that compare

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

I can't wait for payment processors to drop twitter for not addressing suspected fraud and charge backs.

To put this into perspective, at Venmo (a decently large p2p payment system in the US) we had a threshold of charge backs before our bank started to grump. We placated them by showing what we did to try to mitigate charge backs & fraud (a VERY significant amount of eng work went into this).

Even still, if we didn't have such a strong relationship with our bank they'd have dropped us.

Same thing at a fortune 500 company that took in $14 billion of revenue yearly.

They don't give a crap about Twitter and Elon's madness. They 100% will drop them and if they do no reasonable payment processor will enter into that nightmare relationship.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Guze posted:

new revenue strategy has some flaws

Lmao that is not going to look good in front of a judge/jury

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Anyone who thinks this is true should have a chat with Canute

Ahem it's spelt Cnut

Anyway I was just enjoying a good throwback lol at Elom's flimsy defence of the term "pedo guy".
"Tax-evading Trump-supporting Epstein-enabling child molester"? No your honour, that's just street slang we used back in the day, doesn't mean anything

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brother Tadger posted:

Lmao that is not going to look good in front of a judge/jury

*audience erupts into amused laughter* Oh, Elon

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1590449375330807808

Nice job Elon.

That'll make Twitter look attractive to a certain clientele.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Last Call posted:

Nice job Elon.

🎯😎💰

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Last Call posted:

Nice job Elon.

Oh yeah… amongst all the lols, I forgot about this poo poo. :barf:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SRQ posted:

You could probably start a war by creating a Hezbollah fake account and saying the right things right now.

I would buy two accounts: one for Wilhelm I (@WllhelmhohenzolIern) and one for Vincent Benedetti (@V_BaguetteFRC) and have the two accounts just poo poo talk back and forth to each other.

(In case you don't get it)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Edit

Not only can I not post images from the app, I didn't have anything new to share anyway

Lol is on me.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 10, 2022

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SRQ posted:

You could probably start a war by creating a Hezbollah fake account and saying the right things right now.

General Bullshit > Twitter thread: watch Elon start a loving war

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Flyinglemur posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I just made an $8 burner account and I got this

Also you can't pay for Twitter Blue on Android yet.

image isn't working, but NFT profiles have been a thing on twitter for a few months now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah man, and Hunter S. Thompson like totally did all those drugs he said he did.

Fools get away with telling rich dudes to go gently caress themselves, because they're fools. Everyone else gets put in the deep fryer.

The gently caress does this even mean you dumbshit

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

kazil posted:

image isn't working, but NFT profiles have been a thing on twitter for a few months now

Got it thanks

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The gently caress does this even mean you dumbshit

It means collectively fools have more power than rich dudes, and so everyone should absolutely keep ripping on Elong because we're all fools, so we're gonna win.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

syntaxfunction posted:

It means collectively fools have more power than rich dudes, and so everyone should absolutely keep ripping on Elong because we're all fools, so we're gonna win.

It reads like blackpill "you can't beat the rich just lay down and get hosed" garbage.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah I think that was the gist, but I made it better.

Go team fools!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Oh yeah… amongst all the lols, I forgot about this poo poo. :barf:
they paid 8 bucks for a now meaningless checkmark. not like it really changes anything. not like anyone is going to look at libs of tiktok and go 'woah, they have a checkmark now? well i guess they have some points now'

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

code:

INVESTORS!!! We will be doing a lot of dumb things in the coming months!!
           /   

I don't care how many pages ago this was, it's great.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Guze posted:

new revenue strategy has some flaws

General Bullshit > Elon Musk: Bullseye Cool Money Bag

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1590418100243292160?t=eD9EGPRSIky52zMCcxxpgQ&s=19

Oh my god he thinks he's gonna use Twitter to redirect civilisation and become a Great Man of History that way.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

There's already tools to differentiate Twitter Blue from OG Verified Twitter

https://gist.github.com/busybox11/53c76f57a577a47a19fab649a76f18e3

And before you know it there'll be autoblockers for Twitter Blue members
(which will include Elon)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MikeJF posted:

https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1590418100243292160?t=eD9EGPRSIky52zMCcxxpgQ&s=19

Oh my god he thinks he's gonna use Twitter to redirect civilisation and become a Great Man of History that way.

Elon also believes the world is underpopulated due to a declining birth rate and is pumping out kids as fast as he can to compensate (10 to-date).

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/health/elon-musk-population-collapse-wellness/index.html

(he's a loving hedonistic moron)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It’s disappointing that because Twitter is private now, we don’t get to see Number Go Down in real time, because that would have been hilarious this past week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Lord of Hats posted:

It’s disappointing that because Twitter is private now, we don’t get to see Number Go Down in real time, because that would have been hilarious this past week.

Fortunately, there are other Numbers you can watch Go Down

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1590470799965958145

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

All his cars blow up and kill their occupants or insist on running over kids, his rockets blow up and he ain't never going to Mars. Elon Musk intends on becoming a failure on 3 fronts in this Twitter venture and by gawd, I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

kazil posted:

Works like a charm on these forums

I remember several people paying 100-200$ to keep getting back in to make their lovely point before getting banned again.

This was before the prevalence of sixers .