Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Earth is already a major power because its that one place where all the weird poo poo keeps happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Seems like every couple years the galactic population decides to attack earth because of all its shenanigans. Led by the Spartax.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Earth is already a major power because its that one place where all the weird poo poo keeps happening.

Sure, but they aren't able to wield that power to pressure everyone else in space to their agenda. Yet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean you say that but they literally do all the time. every major intergalactic incident ends because earthers push their weight around

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

i mean you say that but they literally do all the time. every major intergalactic incident ends because earthers push their weight around

But Brand also wants to be able to start or steer the intergalactic incidents, for profit. She basically wants US international meddling, but on a cosmic scale.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
oh my god she's space kissinger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like to think there are other things like this happening around the universe that just never make it on screen. Like there's a Mr. Terrific and his rival Dr. Decree over on planet Berth and they erase the timeline once a year and no one on Earth even knows about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Earth didn't matter much at all during Annihilation since they were too busy having a Civil War. Other than Nova, but he'd already been established as a space hero.

That's probably the exception, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Earth didn't matter much at all during Annihilation since they were too busy having a Civil War. Other than Nova, but he'd already been established as a space hero.

That's probably the exception, though.

And again, someone needs to say how cool it is to see Nova getting accepted by the Arraki as one their own. I don't even *like* Nova. Same with that human scientist in Red earlier.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wanderer posted:

oh my god she's space kissinger

And Hank is mutant Kissinger

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Once again tapping the sign that says "Reading about a Kissinger-inspired character actually loving sucks."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

And again, someone needs to say how cool it is to see Nova getting accepted by the Arraki as one their own. I don't even *like* Nova. Same with that human scientist in Red earlier.

Nova rules. I'm glad Ewing has sort of made him a member of the X-Men.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Yeah this is super cool

Codependent Poster posted:

Nova rules. I'm glad Ewing has sort of made him a member of the X-Men.

If he's of Arrako he's more a member of the Brotherhood.

Which is even cooler than being a nerd-rear end X-Man

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bobkatt013 posted:

And Hank is mutant Kissinger

Weren't those two dating at some point? Kissinger kissing Kissinger.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Weren't those two dating at some point? Kissinger kissing Kissinger.

They still have, uh, something going on.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Their ship name is, unfortunately, Breast.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Any sign of Emplate lately?

Or did the X-Men forget to actually feed him, and he's gotten accidentally trapped in the twins' nightmare torture dimension again?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

New Sabertooth's out today and it's great!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PoptartsNinja posted:

Any sign of Emplate lately?

Or did the X-Men forget to actually feed him, and he's gotten accidentally trapped in the twins' nightmare torture dimension again?

I think early on they mentioned how the energy vampire mutants like him are working with Krakoa in some capacity.

So I guess we also got Beast's official heel turn today. I don't see how there's any coming back from this and the character is pretty much done for as a hero.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Has Beast been resurrected at all since Krakoa? At this point it's gotta be Dark Beast all along, right?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is it still Benjamin Percy writing Beast? Because whoopie doe, then.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Has Beast been resurrected at all since Krakoa? At this point it's gotta be Dark Beast all along, right?

He has been. I think he was a coat at some point.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Joe Fisto posted:

He has been. I think he was a coat at some point.

poo poo like this is why I still don't feel great about consequence free resurrection being a thing. That's just a very unpleasant sentence to read, in a way that makes me not want to read X-books. That feels like something I'd see in DC, bookended by two different people getting their arms ripped off.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought the Beast coat was from one of Mr. Sinister's off the books clones

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Alaois posted:

i thought the Beast coat was from one of Mr. Sinister's off the books clones

drat I can’t remember the exact context. It wasn’t the recent Kraven thing, I recall it happening before that.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
It's really weird to me how now that Wolverine is full on the Krakoan equivalent of Jack Ryan Sabertooth has somehow managed to become the entertaining antiestablishment guy.

All those failed attempts by guys like Claremont and Frank Tieri and then Victor Lavalle waltzes in from old fashioned books and does it easy

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Creed had to have an establishment to be a charming anti-establishment guy against. Previously he stood out to me mostly by being a guy who showed up and killed people around Wolverine for some loving reason. Might as well call him Dr. Murders.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Nessus posted:

Creed had to have an establishment to be a charming anti-establishment guy against. Previously he stood out to me mostly by being a guy who showed up and killed people around Wolverine for some loving reason. Might as well call him Dr. Murders.

A good point, but that is a really cool name.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If he'd been Dr. Murders (who always commits murders) at least he'd have an ethos

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the beast coat was on a cover. he was not actually killed and skinned.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

*buys X-Force comic because cover shows Hank getting hosed up, extremely disappointed to find out it doesn't happen*

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I swear something like it happened before. I recall seeing that cover and thinking, “again?”

It could be Nelson Mandela’s fault

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are you thinking of Hulk: Future Imperfect? I'm pretty sure Maestro has a Beast rug in his trophy room

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Beast mentions coming back from the dead in inner monologue in X-Force #23. But he hasn't been shown dying on panel since Krakoa started to my knowledge so we haven't seen him come from an egg. In fact, with the damage to his eye and everything, it's been specifically shown that he hasn't died.

It makes sense to me that this is Dark Beast, doing Dark Beast poo poo, and he will do anything to not die... since he won't get resurrected.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Are you thinking of Hulk: Future Imperfect? I'm pretty sure Maestro has a Beast rug in his trophy room

I feel like I'm going crazy now! I recall some big bad who'd made it on to Krakoa waltzing out of the jungle wearing beast.

Maybe it was just a fantasy because modern Beast sucks rear end.

Can they resurrect him from a backup from the 80s?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

In that same issue of X-Force Beast says Cerebro has backups of the old Beast.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Cartridgeblowers posted:

In that same issue of X-Force Beast says Cerebro has backups of the old Beast.

Oh please can they do that? I don’t like this war criminal.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Legion of X was delightful this week - I could read an entire series of Sinister and Nemesis bantering in a lab somewhere, getting up to no good.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

re Percy's wolverine, the only thing that kinda would make sense to me is that this is sublime-infected Beast, there was uh a sublime namedrop in marauders recently i think? why am i still reading this trash book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

He does get killed and skinned in both volumes of Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, though.