Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

Still has Nightcrawler, Kraven, Cloak, Doctor Strange, Vulture, Miles, and Vision.

Stuff still moves around, but it doesn't rely on the big Heimdall move in the end. It's a bit freeing actually.

Agree that Heimdall can be too predictable but shenanigans with multiple man and hulk buster is what really blows this deck up imo, I would never give that up. Some guy on the snap discord was using moon girl to double up strange and cloak and bounce the guys around a dozen times but it sounded way too involved for a game I play while pooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

also just pulled my first pool 3 card and it’s……. Wong :letsgo:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Bought the welcome pack, because that's a good deal for the 700 gold.. What's the best bang for the buck, just dump those into credits to increase collection level for more cards?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

I just pulled my first one and it's... Kingping? I'm whelmed.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

Bought the welcome pack, because that's a good deal for the 700 gold.. What's the best bang for the buck, just dump those into credits to increase collection level for more cards?

Refreshing your missions gets you the same credits but also progresses the season pass, so that’s a better deal.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I changed my mind on Professor X, I'm gonna keep him.

Saw this move deck coming together, and locked it in place :)

Knew he'd be busy with Storm on the previous turn, so I locked up the gamma labs (he played a few one-drops in the middle that I cleaned up with Killmonger)

Overall it's such a high-risk, high-reward card that you get a real butt-clenching moment when you're waiting for the turn to finish to see if you hosed up or not. Even when it's a dumb play the adrenaline rush when it works is worth it. I'm an X Man.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

first location weirdworld

"i'm losing!"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tender Bender posted:

I changed my mind on Professor X, I'm gonna keep him.

Overall it's such a high-risk, high-reward card that you get a real butt-clenching moment when you're waiting for the turn to finish to see if you hosed up or not. Even when it's a dumb play the adrenaline rush when it works is worth it. I'm an X Man.

He's probably my favorite pet card in the game, there's so much cool stuff you can do with him. Putting all their good movement cards in Mutant Jail is always very funny.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Victor Vermis posted:

Tonight's Stupid Deck: Hela Lockjawbilee

Did my own pen+paper deck tracker:

25 games starting at Rank 50

10W - 15L
Net +8 Cubes

Lessons
I am dumb: -10 Cubes lost were due to failing to retreat when it was VERY obvious that retreating was the right choice (Hela discarded before opponent's snap, A MOVE deck hitting all their Turn 1-3s with a huge Vulture)

Dream Dimension +1 cost doesn't stick on cards stolen by opponent on Turn 5. Would've won 2 cubes if my traitor hulk cost 7 like I hoped he might.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

buffalo all day posted:

My first two are Wave and The Hood. The Hood is going into my Carnage deck. Still figuring out what to do with Wave.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tender Bender posted:

High-risk, high-reward is a good spot to be in at lower ranks because people's snap decisions are terrible, so even if it only works 25% of the time you can get a lot of mileage out of it if you snap/retreat at appropriate points.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

So far in Pool 3 i've unlocked:
Thor
Rescue
Destroyer
Wong

Any advice for building around them? I bought the pass so I have Black Panther. Think he will synergize nicely with Wong.

Also, ShangChinanigans: at least half a dozen matches he could have been my win condition if I wasn't the one to flip first.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Who even needs to play to win these days? I had no idea Agatha is a free draw at the start of the game. I'm running a 10 card deck until turn 6.

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Morph
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Vision
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Agatha Harkness
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpc2lvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9ycGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlcldvbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2F0aGFIYXJrbmVzcyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

He's probably my favorite pet card in the game, there's so much cool stuff you can do with him. Putting all their good movement cards in Mutant Jail is always very funny.

the problem with mr maw and x-doctor is the myriad cards that add points elsewhere. very hard to make it worth locking down if opponent can add ~3 to any card already played. i'm maining move and eat those guys for breakfast (yes i eat pieces of poo poo)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chard posted:

the problem with mr maw and x-doctor is the myriad cards that add points elsewhere. very hard to make it worth locking down if opponent can add ~3 to any card already played. i'm maining move and eat those guys for breakfast (yes i eat pieces of poo poo)

Yeah I think that makes him attractive to throw in with other Ongoing cards though like Mr. Fantastic or Klaw (and conveniently both get buffed by Spectrum) -- it's the versatility that makes me love him though, he's a great answer for some tricky locations, he has the Armor effect, you can stick him in the center lane as a Heimdall counter, hell I've even won games by just knowing I could play a White Tiger and her token would go in the other lane that wasn't locked down by X. Not saying he's the best card but he's my favorite just in how often he makes me feel like a genius

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

Yeah I think that makes him attractive to throw in with other Ongoing cards though like Mr. Fantastic or Klaw (and conveniently both get buffed by Spectrum) -- it's the versatility that makes me love him though, he's a great answer for some tricky locations, he has the Armor effect, you can stick him in the center lane as a Heimdall counter, hell I've even won games by just knowing I could play a White Tiger and her token would go in the other lane that wasn't locked down by X. Not saying he's the best card but he's my favorite just in how often he makes me feel like a genius

i think that bolded part is why i havent bounced off this yet. with the decks so small and games so short it isn't dumb to build around weird edge cases and that's fun as hell to me, especially since the stakes are low/controllable

e: gently caress iron man

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

In my early upgrade-farming decks I thought Prof X was a joke card, but he kept stealing wins.

Turns out, he's actually legit good. And Klaw isn't *that* common, in my experience- making it even more frustrating when it does sneak a win through.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Wait, Prof. X stops cards from being destroyed??

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Did my own pen+paper deck tracker:

25 games starting at Rank 50

10W - 15L
Net +8 Cubes

Next 25 starting at Rank 52:

12W -13L
Net +20 cubes

This game is so weird, the 2nd batch of 25 games felt worst than the 1st but was objectively more successful. I really appreciate the Snap! mechanic. Running a W-L deficit while laddering in Hearthstone feels much *much* worse.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

In my early upgrade-farming decks I thought Prof X was a joke card, but he kept stealing wins.

Turns out, he's actually legit good. And Klaw isn't *that* common, in my experience- making it even more frustrating when it does sneak a win through.

Near the end of last season I generally played this (or something close to it; went through a few variations) -- the dream is play Storm on an empty location on T3, let them dump a lot of power there, and then you can T4 Spider-Man/T5 Professor X a third location. White Tiger on turn 6 will always put her token back in Storm's location which is usually enough to win it.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
oh man why did it take me all day to think of this, vision into shuri's, a 14 power card you can move

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I decided to drop my Heathstone money on this game. Two Observations:

1. Some portraits are now being offered for 1200 gold instead of 700. BRODE!

2. My Venomized Killmonger variant is already my most upgraded card, but how am I supposed to NOT buy this:

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 10, 2022

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
that is p much the best card

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

People go in all pre flop all the time* in poker. The equivalent of a round 1 snap with the same implications and outcomes.

*Degen casual games.

I just remembered I read this and meant to reply.

Snapping turn 1, provided you have some indication of advantage, isn't at all "going all in pre-flop".

It's more like not letting anybody ride the blind only to suck you out later

.. THE GODDAMN DONKEYS

/poker

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Victor Vermis posted:

Some portraits are now being offered for 1200 gold instead of 700. BRODE!

The 1200 gold variants are 'rare' and can only be gotten from the shop. The 700 gold variants can also be found in caches, whenever the game gives you variants, etc.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
oh man i didn't realize the rare ones were shop only, i guess thats where my gold will go

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
This is probably the only variant I would consider spending gold on.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I was going to play 25 more games with my silly deck but then 13 games in I realized I had already l̴̜̦̙͌ȏ̷̮̖̣̠̙̣̒̈́ṡ̵̜̺̽̒̈ṭ̵̥͈̖̟́̀ ̶͖̝̓͝3̸̻̾̓8̷̱͙͍̖̠͐̃͑̕ ̴͙͈̪͐̊̇̇̚c̷̡̟̫̰̫͌̾͒u̷̧̞̲͚̍̇͑̈́͝b̷̗̥͊͜e̵̖͎͍̞̔͋̿̐͘̚͠ş̴̝̆̌̒̑̈́,̴̣͓̒̀͂̄ͅ ̷̙͚̩̙͒̀́̎à̶̭̗̻̍̈́͋n̴̥͖̂̐͘d̵̠͇̠̖͎̈́̉̊̋́̊͝ ̷͎̥̱̖̝̠̂̑͐I̵̯͉͉̯̫̿͆ ̷̙̮̱̭̻͕̱̽ẅ̸͈̈͋̈́͝ȃ̴͙̹̪̥̔͜ṋ̵̬̮̆͊t̸͇̗̳̹͖̳̖͗̒͗͆e̸̢͕̪͓̲̯̓͛̎̂̆d̸̹̻̼̫̮̾̋̀͛̈́̿ ̵̡͕̗͉̠̜̐ͅţ̷̼̞͖͎͚͋ǫ̷͇̼͕̺͓̥̐̐ ̴̙̥̲̞̆̾̌͜ḇ̸̢̩͇̦̘̫́̆͌e̶̡̘͆͊̈́ ̴͔̣͓̼̦̳̜̐̀̇̉̃̿͛d̶͚̈́́͠͝o̸͔͚͓̖̠̯͗͒̒̀̃n̶͎̾̃̆ȇ̷̛͓̮̂̆̈́̾̿.̷̣̅͘

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Just opened Skillmonger. Easiest snaps of my life.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Banjo Bones posted:

Thor
Rescue
Destroyer
Wong

Any advice for building around them?

You have everything you need for Destroyer Ongoing.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/warpath-destroyer-deck/

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Shang Chi is really working hard blowing up people on Shuri’s lab. Getting some nice 8 cube wins from
people who think their 60 points there means a certain win in that lane.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Banjo Bones posted:

Thor
Rescue
Destroyer
Wong

Any advice for building around them? I bought the pass so I have Black Panther. Think he will synergize nicely with Wong.

Also, ShangChinanigans: at least half a dozen matches he could have been my win condition if I wasn't the one to flip first.

Wong and Black Panther on Shuri’s lab will be big points. Bonus points if you have buffed Black Panther with Forge or someone first and if you manage to pull Arnim Zola then he’ll combo well with BP and Wong for some surprise 8 cube wins.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Certain variants really stand out in the crowd of cartoony and pixel versions.

You're not going to see much of Hulk Buster variants tho unless Bar Sinister is a location.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Been enjoying this deck, (I’m still working through Pool 2)

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGhlQ29sbGVjdG9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKdWJpbGVlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJXb21hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It started as a Devil Dinosaur deck but I found that most of the “add to hand” card just clogged it up and made Moongirl worse. So now it’s tries to grave tempo in early turns and then either do big Jubilee or big Dino plays with surprises.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

Certain variants really stand out in the crowd of cartoony and pixel versions.

You're not going to see much of Hulk Buster variants tho unless Bar Sinister is a location.

That Deathlok was my first variant I think and it's far better than any of his others.

A lot of variants feel very middling. I do like my starter pack Captain America tho, and it looks like all of Cosmo's are good ones (fitting, since he's a good boy), but compare these two:

Cap looks like someone edited a Pokemon Emerald sprite for a fan game, but Domino feels much more dynamic

Left Doctor Strange looks like he's a character from a gag comic about a magician (the sleight of hand type) using his powers to peek up skirts. Right one looks like an early boss turned ally from a SNES-era Final Fantasy game

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Idk if this has been pointed about but hulk buster armor on shuris lab seems to trigger AFTER it’s been merged.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Idk if this has been pointed about but hulk buster armor on shuris lab seems to trigger AFTER it’s been merged.

Hulkbuster does that with everything. Movement decks love to play Iron Fist into Hulkbuster on Multiple Man. Another strong combo is Hulkbuster on Deadpool in a copying location.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This one showed up in the shop for me right after I posted about it being my favorite card but $20 is probably at least twice what I'd pay for something like that. I bet a lot of people do though and that this game is making loving bank!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Every 1200 gold variant has looked pretty cool imo. I really like the Deathlok and Strange variants posted above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

goferchan posted:

This one showed up in the shop for me right after I posted about it being my favorite card but $20 is probably at least twice what I'd pay for something like that. I bet a lot of people do though and that this game is making loving bank!

If you don't spend gold on credits then it will naturally accumulate over time because there's nothing else to do with it apart from buy variants. Once you have a full collection you'll soon be able to get what you want.