Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
You guys just aren't true believers in Elon's vision. Who doesn't want to be a serf in Elon's Mars colony? You guys are so dumb and stuck in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

delightful posted:

You guys just aren't true believers in Elon's vision. Who doesn't want to be a serf in Elon's Mars colony? You guys are so dumb and stuck in the past

The true believers thing they'll be the ones just below Elon over everyone else.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bobjr posted:

The true believers thing they'll be the ones just below Elon over everyone else.

The fun part is that if Musk were truly visionary, I bet he’d have no shortage of people willing to enter into voluntary indentured servitude, but he has basically shown his entire rear end to the world since April and I suspect that enthusiasm to enter into Musk-slavery has dimmed somewhat

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I wonder when people will realize that Tesla has been powered by the exact same on the spot bullshit with no real plan. Yeah, those cybertrucks are gonna roll of the assembly line any day now, and transported to the dealerships behind the Tesla 18 wheeler cabs. And they'll be truck will be fully automated and pick up Uber passengers on the way.

These are things he has seriously promised that Tesla will deliver on any day now (or well several years ago).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Molten Llama posted:

https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1590455595970461696

The only need to hire an outside auditor and report to the FTC every two years, so delayed results on this one. But 2023/2024's shaping up to be a banner year for Elmo and Twitter. :v:

The first one is one year after the order, then every two years after. The first will cover 26 May 2022 to 25 May 2023 and must be completed with 60 days of 25 May 2023 which is sadly a long way off but I have faith is going to be a hilarious clusterfuck of results.

Musky's so used to ignoring regulators he's absolutely going to just defy this and treat it with contempt and then be surprised when it turns out the FTC has a lot more teeth than the SEC.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I think Elon Musk has a lot of problems, dumb brain, unfortunate face, fundamentally unlovable, etc. But I think ultimately his biggest problem has always been that in spite of the insane amount of wealth he lucked into he’s got small time grifter mentality.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I think his biggest problem is he 100% believes his own PR about being humanity's techno-savior.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1590449375330807808

Nice job Elon.

That'll make Twitter look attractive to a certain clientele.

She should not say they were verified. The blue mark means nothing anymore.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think Elon Musk has a lot of problems, dumb brain, unfortunate face, fundamentally unlovable, etc. But I think ultimately his biggest problem has always been that in spite of the insane amount of wealth he lucked into he’s got small time grifter mentality.

His actions on twitter have maybe been the most colossal display of penny wise, pound foolish behavior I've ever seen, in addition to being generally completely irrational

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/fart/status/1590515790922797056

Hopefully there will be an addon or something to do it automatically like there was for the NFT av's

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

lmfao convicted felon Skrelli is on the list.

remember he's the douche that did some fraud (illegal) killed and attempted to kill tens of thousands by purchasing the rights to, and then increasing the price of, specific drugs by thousands of percents- and then went to jail.

not for the drug related mass murder, for the securities fraud.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

e lol

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 10, 2022

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
For what it's worth, desktop Tweetdeck doesn't show the purchased blue checks.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

"It's the brainchild of cryptocurrency firm Elon GOAT Token ($EGT), who later this month plan to present it to the billionaire at his Tesla workplace in Austin, Texas.

$EGT said: 'Most people thought we would never do it, but after one year of building the time has come to bring it home to Elon.

'Really we just want to meet the guy and give it to him. After all, he is the most innovative human alive, hence the GOAT - Greatest Of All Time.'"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Wow it is possible to die from cringe

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Reminds me of a biblical version of a False Idol, even literally being worshipped by these nerds who then turn him into half beast half (blob)man

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it hollow so they can use it to roast the unbelievers?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I've finally seen it. A $600,000 pile of poo poo

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Shrimpy posted:

For what it's worth, desktop Tweetdeck doesn't show the purchased blue checks.

No one mention Tweetdeck, he probably doesn't know it exists.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

"It's the brainchild of cryptocurrency firm Elon GOAT Token ($EGT), who later this month plan to present it to the billionaire at his Tesla workplace in Austin, Texas.

$EGT said: 'Most people thought we would never do it, but after one year of building the time has come to bring it home to Elon.

'Really we just want to meet the guy and give it to him. After all, he is the most innovative human alive, hence the GOAT - Greatest Of All Time.'"

been playing a lot of fallout recently and this looks like one of those things the raiders have stuck a head on.

if twitter loses a lot of money maybe elon should consider taking the company public and selling shares. could you imagine? the entirety of humanity could come together under his guidance and own a piece of a history changing company. He invented tesla and took it public, now that he's invented twitter he should do the same!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Every time I hear about blue checks I immediately want to watch the movie Blue Chips, while eating blue corn tortilla chips.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

That face strongly reminds me of Kim Jong Un/Il Sung's statues in North Korea.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The dude is so desperate to be liked, its so pathetic. Its like he made all this money but he still knows that people don't like spending time with him, don't like his personality and that he makes them uncomfortable. But the adoration he gets from dorks when he posts memes and shitposts on his twitter makes him actually feel liked.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

turns out you can have too much free speech?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That loving statue

Could have made some bicycles or something

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

lol wait a sec that's real?

I also want to strap him onto a rocket and launch him into space

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Kind of looks more like a seal in the thumbnail than a goats body.

GOAT (Greatest of All Time) < SEAL (poo poo Eater of Altright Lies)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Photoshop thread material?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I feel attacked.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

I don't want this thing in my loving city. I hope someone throws some thermite at it or something.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

I would buy two accounts: one for Wilhelm I (@WllhelmhohenzolIern) and one for Vincent Benedetti (@V_BaguetteFRC) and have the two accounts just poo poo talk back and forth to each other.

(In case you don't get it)

Is there a cool history thread somewhere, I'd love to read more of this stuff

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Well they managed to capture his lumpy loving head

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Biden says Elon Musk’s connections to other countries 'worthy of being looked at'

quote:

“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” Biden said. “Whether he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting they’re worth being looked at.”

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Good.

Now do it.

lol

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The area I grew up in had an outbreak of foot and mouth disease in 2001. Eventually this 'monument' was thrown up in remembrance:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Convex posted:

Is there a cool history thread somewhere, I'd love to read more of this stuff

There's PYF Historical Fun Fact, it's usually pretty good

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MisterRatt/status/1590632287544438784?s=20&t=AaDR0a21vDZs9GHaaiXZyQ

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Another one!

Musk tells Twitter staff remote working will end

quote:

Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that remote working will end and "difficult times" lie ahead, according to reports.

In an email to staff the owner of the social media firm said workers would be expected in the office for at least 40 hours a week, Bloomberg reported.

Mr Musk added that there was "no way to sugar coat the message" that the slowing global economy was going to hit Twitter's advertising revenues.

quote:

Mr Musk said he had "no choice" over the cuts as the company was losing $4m (£3.51m) a day. He has blamed "activist groups pressuring advertisers" for a "massive drop in revenue".

guys i'm trying to fix it but everyone else broke it too badly! you'll just have to work harder!!!

edit:

Tenebrais posted:

There's PYF Historical Fun Fact, it's usually pretty good

Thanks!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
At least 40 hours a week. At least.

Contracted hours? Never heard of 'em, guv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao that Elon Musk is the biggest bag holder in all bag-holding history