Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Activists made company quit a platform where every idiot crypto coin Ponzi scheme scammer can credibly pretend to be that company. It wasn't anything else. Only the activists. Please don't write in the newspaper that it was anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

these are genuine though :confused:

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Convex posted:

Another one!

Musk tells Twitter staff remote working will end

guys i'm trying to fix it but everyone else broke it too badly! you'll just have to work harder!!!

edit:

Thanks!

Sure, I know I already fired half of your co-workers and took a sledgehammer to company moral in the process, but don't worry! You're ALSO losing WFH, and working more hours than you were beforehand! Isn't that great?

Jesus Christ, at this rate in about a week it'll just be him and that one employee who proudly tweets photos of herself sleeping on her office floor.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

Activists made company quit a platform where every idiot crypto coin Ponzi scheme scammer can credibly pretend to be that company. It wasn't anything else. Only the activists. Please don't write in the newspaper that it was anything else

Certainly don't write how after he asked Musk a few reasonable concerns, Musk publicly blocked the COO of MMA Global, advertising trade association representing advertisers of

nobody important I'm sure

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Sure, I know I already fired half of your co-workers and took a sledgehammer to company moral in the process, but don't worry! You're ALSO losing WFH, and working more hours than you were beforehand! Isn't that great?

Jesus Christ, at this rate in about a week it'll just be him and that one employee who proudly tweets photos of herself sleeping on her office floor.

I loved the article I read that said engineers are already seeing issues pop up in the backend but no one's there to fix them so eventually it's just gonna topple from cascading failures

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If twitter employees could work from home full time then it's logical to assume that a large number of them aren't in a commutable distance to the twitter office. Now, we'd assume Elon would of fired those people in the lay-offs if he was smart but we know that's not the case. LOL!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Certainly don't write how after he asked Musk a few reasonable concerns, Musk publicly blocked the COO of MMA Global, advertising trade association representing advertisers of

nobody important I'm sure

he blocked the COO of the advertising trade organisation that represents twitter itself?

:discourse:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Convex posted:

he blocked the COO of the advertising trade organisation that represents twitter itself?

are you surprised

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

If twitter employees could work from home full time then it's logical to assume that a large number of them aren't in a commutable distance to the twitter office. Now, we'd assume Elon would of fired those people in the lay-offs if he was smart but we know that's not the case. LOL!

if you aren't willing to commute 4 hours each way then your work ethic is not welcome at this company run by me, the man who tweets 20 hours a day

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Convex posted:

they were clearly loving

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm actually impressed with the resilience of Twitter as it still hadn't collapsed in on itself despite Musk's nonstop efforts.
I give it another week or two.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I would buy two accounts: one for Wilhelm I (@WllhelmhohenzolIern) and one for Vincent Benedetti (@V_BaguetteFRC) and have the two accounts just poo poo talk back and forth to each other.

(In case you don't get it)

I know a lot of the jokes in GBS are old, but this is ridiculous.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Honestly all the discussion about how it will inevitably shatter makes me wanna see that poo poo, cmaaaahhhn Twitter let's goooo. Every day you stick around it's less funny.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They're fortunate no competition has anything even approaching a real foothold

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

They're fortunate no competition has anything even approaching a real foothold

Imagine if facebook hadn't made themselves so incredibly toxic that everyone stopped using it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Honestly all the discussion about how it will inevitably shatter makes me wanna see that poo poo, cmaaaahhhn Twitter let's goooo. Every day you stick around it's less funny.

https://i.imgur.com/kuplW0m.mp4

edit: it loops in Firefox, I guess not in other browsers :(

Convex fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 10, 2022

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I was reading about the ID software director Marty Stratton earlier today and was getting massive Elon vibes from him.

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce#b04c

It's unrelated to Elon but worth reading if you like getting angry at psychotic bosses. Marty even went to reddit to make a big smear campaign against the composer which resulted in a bunch of sycophants who love brand cyber bullying Mick.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

this kind of loses its, uh, impact, when it doesn't loop like the GIF would.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

spiny posted:

this kind of loses its, uh, impact, when it doesn't loop like the GIF would.

Works on my machine :shrug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BigBadSteve posted:

I know a lot of the jokes in GBS are old, but this is ridiculous.

And yet first-season Simpsons thought it topical

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

I was reading about the ID software director Marty Stratton earlier today and was getting massive Elon vibes from him.

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce#b04c

It's unrelated to Elon but worth reading if you like getting angry at psychotic bosses. Marty even went to reddit to make a big smear campaign against the composer which resulted in a bunch of sycophants who love brand cyber bullying Mick.

I got exhausted in the preamble

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/obiwormkenobi/status/1590505487316811776

as sad as I will be for the loss of Twitter, I do hope this destroys Tesla too.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
It's been quite a boost to my self-esteem slowly learning day-by-day that I somehow have better business acumen than the richest man on earth.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It's been quite a boost to my self-esteem slowly learning day-by-day that I somehow have better business acumen than the richest man on earth.

One of the most jarring effects of getting older is realizing that the world is run by average joes and morons just like me. The only difference is they don't realize they're stupid and assume they're geniuses and nobody ever corrects them.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Convex posted:

Another one!

Musk tells Twitter staff remote working will end

guys i'm trying to fix it but everyone else broke it too badly! you'll just have to work harder!!!

edit:

Thanks!

From the SF Chronicle, 1 year ago:

quote:

Twitter is allowing almost all employees to work remotely forever, and 95% of its over 5,500 employees plan to stay home or be in the office only a few days a week.

The article is about new office space in Oakland that Twitter had just announced:

quote:

The social media company will occupy 66,000 square feet across four floors in the 18-story tower, with an opening planned in late 2022. Twitter said the space is being designed to support hybrid work, with areas for quiet focus and collaboration. The company confirmed the Oakland expansion plans in July but didn’t specify the location until Friday.

So that space and the Twitter HQ will probably need to be completely redesigned to accommodate on-site workers and it probably won't even be enough if everybody actually turns up. Based on Google results for average sq ft requirements per employee, the new Oakland space can hold about 375 people and their 174,000 sq ft office on Market street can hold about 1000. Good luck finding a desk on Monday!

Plus he's also demanding a 24/7 work culture so presumably everyone will need a sleeping pod as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Convex posted:

Elon does his own advertising

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would he need an advertising company when he can just say some dumb poo poo and get talked about on international news?

All publicity is good publicity. The old clichés are never wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

crying face emoji!!!!

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

blue check mark looking like the new NFT monkey avatar

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Ehud posted:

crying face emoji!!!!

The audacity of this blubbery moron of a man to phrase this question this way

"Now tell me, and don't mince words: Am I doing a great job, or a really great job"

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I call her Flora Sleepan

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ehud posted:

crying face emoji!!!!

comedy is legal again baby!!

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Ehud posted:

crying face emoji!!!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
my favorite thing about all of this is explaining the concept of a very divorced guy to my Gen X partner.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's no explaining this, my best analogy was the worst most entitled obnoxious teenager and even that leaves a lot out.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s obnoxious teen who has no concept of consequence, with divorced guy energy, sprinkled with “my wealth is my identity”

Also, kind of neat GQ UK article
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/lifestyle/article/divorced-guy-energy/amp

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Data Graham posted:

One of the most jarring effects of getting older is realizing that the world is run by average joes and morons just like me. The only difference is they don't realize they're stupid and assume they're geniuses and nobody ever corrects them.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
So... it's possible people might actually be getting driven back to facebook

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Data Graham posted:

One of the most jarring effects of getting older is realizing that the world is run by average joes and morons just like me.

Give yourself credit - you probably have enough sense to immediately see that every one of Elon's new ideas are 100% bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Revins posted:

So... it's possible people might actually be getting driven back to facebook

Zuck fired 11k employees, number go up