Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

ryde posted:

He specifically said this at some point so yes that’s his plan until the ADHD kicks in again.

"adhd". right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

Mick Gordon has been silent for 2 years about the Doom Eternal OST fiasco, and just dropped a massiv turd on id software, including receipts for how much they hosed him.

i cant take it all in

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce

this explains so much. I bought the game because I'd heard the soundtrack would be even better than doom 2016

... lol. if I'd known this when I bought it I would have got a refund. like the weird jarring looping in the music is right there on the title screen even

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Lol now even the true vs. paid verification split is broken and fake accounts look extra legit: https://twitter.com/ncbjd/status/1590570865376100352

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I would pay $8 to deliver an insult to Elon Musk and get a confirmation that he read it and metrics on how much his feelings were hurt.
That's a good business model imo.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

tak posted:

https://medium.com/@mickgordon/my-full-statement-regarding-doom-eternal-5f98266b27ce

this explains so much. I bought the game because I'd heard the soundtrack would be even better than doom 2016

... lol. if I'd known this when I bought it I would have got a refund. like the weird jarring looping in the music is right there on the title screen even

That sucks, the sound track honestly made the game for me. People call it a "playable heavy metal album", well, he's the heavy metal

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

SpaceAceJase posted:

I would pay $8 to deliver an insult to Elon Musk and get a confirmation that he read it and metrics on how much his feelings were hurt.

are you trying to bankrupt me

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

SpaceAceJase posted:

Turn Twitter into the digital dunk tank

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
billionare reads mean tweets but there's no late night show host or licensed REM song, and instead of a canned audience laughtrack he's alone with his thoughts letting each one sink in

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

what’s the record for number of times someone’s paid to rereg on this site?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
seraph's cleared three digits at this point, which I think beats dare out

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
that's a cool thousand dollars if elon can pull off the same thing with twitter, only $43,999,999,000 to go until he breaks even

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i would pay good money to be able to DM elon and have him read my message.

like red-text but directly into his fragile ego.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Eeyo posted:

hell even worse, impersonate general mills and issue some fake recall notices.

I'd rather impersonate General Mills and start a war.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the bombing of kellogs hq begins at dawn

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014

Jabor posted:

that's a cool thousand dollars if elon can pull off the same thing with twitter, only $43,999,999,000 to go until he breaks even

You’re understating how comically bad this situation is for Musk. Even if he could get ten thousand suckers to pay a thousand dollars a year on garbage twitter blue accounts , Twitter still wouldn’t even be fully servicing their debt payments. That’s before even paying the basic costs of running the company, never mind trying to make back that 44 billion dollars.

This is a financial blackhole for everyone involved.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Chill Monster posted:

You’re understating how comically bad this situation is for Musk. Even if he could get ten thousand suckers to pay a thousand dollars a year on garbage twitter blue accounts , Twitter still wouldn’t even be fully servicing their debt payments. That’s before even paying the basic costs of running the company, never mind trying to make back that 44 billion dollars.

This is a financial blackhole for everyone involved.

yeah but there’s a sucker born every minute! :dadjoke:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

babies can't enter into financially binding contracts

yet

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

born as an indentured servant in the tweet mines, forced to generate content to feed the machine

e: actually just gonna quote myself here with what will be tattooed on your back in the grim future
https://twitter.com/AGODDAMNHORSE/status/1587161414376083467?t=3tOqybkbf6Yhef_XsXf1eQ&s=19

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 10, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tak posted:

Hooly poo poo.

I had no idea about all this drama, I didn't pre-order anything and didn't engage with anything beyond just playing the game. The in-game music was fine I think if less memorable than the original.

But what a clusterfuck. I know games are notorious for horrible development cycles but this seems to be completely unnecessarily made things worse. Like how loving hard is it to pay him for a bit more music that he actually made? I guess it was Marty's rear end on the line for sticking to the budget and he was willing to ruin everything for his bonus.

E: while reading through that without knowing the outcome, it seemed pretty clear Mick he should've had his lawyers pulled in much sooner to ensure he wasn't going to get hosed over

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 10, 2022

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Hooly poo poo.

I had no idea about all this drama, I didn't pre-order anything and didn't engage with anything beyond just playing the game. The in-game music was fine I think if less memorable than the original.

But what a clusterfuck. I know games are notorious for horrible development cycles but this seems to be completely unnecessarily made things worse. Like how loving hard is it to pay him for a bit more music that he actually made? I guess it was Marty's rear end on the line for sticking to the budget and he was willing to ruin everything for his bonus.

E: while reading through that without knowing the outcome, it seemed pretty clear Mick he should've had his lawyers pulled in much sooner to ensure he wasn't going to get hosed over

if he got his lawyers sooner then id would have just publicly outed him as a litigous contractor though
this is such a massive power imbalance and it really shows how lovely they deliberately were to the composer
just beyond the pale lovely tactics to the max

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

If a newborn sucker buys a twitter blue sub every minute, that's only $345k every month, far less than the -$4000k they're running each month.

mobby_6kl posted:

Mick Gordon should definitely stop sending bethesda completed OST files without a contract, 'cos they will straight up start selling that poo poo without telling him.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Xakura posted:

If a newborn sucker buys a twitter blue sub every minute, that's only $345k every month, far less than the -$4000k they're running each month.

good thing musk is so focused on creating twins/triplets via IVF to get those numbers up

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

rotor posted:

rotorwife thinks hes trying to turn it into an american wechat/wepay type app that they have in china that everyone uses for everything.

reminder that musk was tossed from paypal not JUST because he wanted to switch their whole backend to windows in the late 90s- it was because he was impressed by the video games being built on windows. reasonable readers at this point would think i’m talking about game server hosting but no, it’s dumber. the actual *games* being made on windows. he had such conviction that an os being popular with game developers meant it was so blindingly obvious it was worth overhauling their entire backend to it. so obvious that he could be annoying enough to be thrown out of the company over it. that’s the caliber of presidential thinking we’re dealing with here

so yeah spending $44 billion for a rusty social network in order to turn it into a bank is exactly the kind of thing he’d do

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63582273

no more wfh, but this bit made me lol

quote:

In his email to staff, Mr Musk said he wanted subscriptions to account for half of all Twitter's revenue.

pretty sure it will be, but not in the way ol' musky wants it to be.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

two and a half billion dollars in revenue is gonna be a lot of $8 blue checkmark scams.

will make the car warranty phone call spam seem quaint in comparison

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad
I hope they have some impressive patch content and a fast and consistent expansion schedule if he’s going to keep those subscriber numbers. Class balance needs to be improved too….. Wait what is he selling again?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
elon said “we have 220m users we just have to make the site unusable unless they pay $8/mo. boom there’s $6bn/yr in revenue.”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

we'll punch speed holes in the hull so we get to our destination before we sink

big gil amelio energy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mr. Nice! posted:

elon said “we have 220m users we just have to make the site unusable unless they pay $8/mo. boom there’s $6bn/yr in revenue.”

theres no way they're getting 220 million subs. they'd be lucky to break 3-4 million i think. thats $96/year to just loving use twitter, its a lot lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:patriot:
https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1590586767681687553

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dril/status/938188434195341313

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1590601000863559680

lol

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

drat must be nice being an ex twitter c level. sitting at home, counting your millions, occasionally catching a bit of news that makes you laugh out loud at how dumb elon is.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

yummycheese posted:

drat must be nice being an ex twitter c level. sitting at home, counting your millions, occasionally catching a bit of news that makes you laugh out loud at how dumb elon is.

and only doing marginally less work than you were before! :dadjoke:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

yummycheese posted:

nah these people are looking for the next thing to mismanage so they can cash out for another $x millions because no amount of money is ever enough for these sociopaths

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

:gary:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

https://archive.ph/8MHMq

quote:

Elon Musk in his first e-mail to Twitter TWTR-N employees said remote work would no longer be allowed and that they would be expected in office for at least 40 hours per week,

that'll turn morale around!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the meetings will continue until morale improves

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1590526410304925697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/LeaKissner/status/1590706305102381058

chief information security officer

guess they were on the losing side of yesterday’s checkmark arguments