Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Yes, it is actually important to pay attention to the people who make decisions about local infrastructure and services more than the circus south of the border than you cannot influence in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
But if people cared about issues at a community level then how are they going to act indignant that change won't come from the top?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

It's a good one! Right up there with identifying as an attack helicopter!

I think likening voter apathy to societies rampant transphobia is pretty tasteless but that’s just me.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Desperately searching for a party that intends to address and do something about this incredible amount of poverty, immiseration, houselessnes, and deaths from plagues and despair but wtf there isn't any???!!!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ZShakespeare posted:

I think likening voter apathy to societies rampant transphobia is pretty tasteless but that’s just me.
I think it's pretty tasteless to say you care about transphobia while also exhaustingly defending non-voting while there is one political party gleefully tapping into that rampant transphobia and promising to double down on it.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I only see landlord parties and resource extract parties.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.

Oxyclean posted:

I think it's pretty tasteless to say you care about transphobia while also exhaustingly defending non-voting while there is one political party gleefully tapping into that rampant transphobia and promising to double down on it.

Oh no you convinced me on that already. Everyone should vote.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
I follow my municipal politics very closely so do i have enough cred to watch the US stuff or what

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
A young boy has been brought to his grandfather after getting in a fight with another boy. "Why would you do such a thing?" the grandfather asked. "nimosôm," the boy answered, "he was wrong on the internet."

The grandfather spoke to the boy, "awâsis, inside of you are two unions, fighting for control. One knows that although limited by the constraints of the system, voting remains one of the few ways groups of citizens can have some kind of effect. The other understands that society's struggles are deeply rooted in the current system, and that without massive, fundamental changes in the way we govern ourselves and the values we choose to promote as a society, individual voting will continue to have an impact too small to measure."

"But grandfather," asked the boy, "how will I know which one will win?"

The grandfather paused, then laid his hand on the boy's shoulder and told him, "lmao you idiot lib. You loving buffoon"

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

ZShakespeare posted:

You do an awful lot of reaching. And not the good reach around kind either

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

You do an awful lot of reaching. And not the good reach around kind either
Is there a party I can vote for where a reach around is on offer?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

cat botherer posted:

Is there a party I can vote for where a reach around is on offer?

Ask Dougie

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
He tried but his arms weren't long enough.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol at this rate they’re gonna go on another strike after this weekend. Doug will not use any more of the billions he stashed away for the new highway than he has to

https://twitter.com/CityCynthia/status/1590076458139267073

https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1590117397968871425?s=20

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

Panic or resignation are lovely ways to respond to any crisis, we should not indulge them.

They're understandable reactions, but they don't accomplish anything and can actively prevent people from doing things to improve the situation.

Be pessimistic and worried all you like, but don't use it as an excuse to not even try to fix the situation using the limited means available to you.

Asking people to put emotional and physical effort into changing a system that treats them as less than insects is a hard sell in any situation.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
This thread is now a polling station. Please put your vote at the bottom of each post.

You don't have to, of course, but if you don't then it means you're a doomer.

[X] That guy who got caught pissing in a mug

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jimbozig posted:

[X] That guy who got caught pissing in a mug

Which one?

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

That wasn't a signature?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

PT6A posted:

Yes, it is actually important to pay attention to the people who make decisions about local infrastructure and services

How do we pay attention?

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

ZShakespeare posted:

Todays election in the USA will have more impact on our lives than any Canadian election ever will and we can’t vote.

Well, some of us can. Not that I voted for anyone important who won.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

well the important thing is that you voted, regardless!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

[X] PT6A has to personally write and sign off legislation disbarring all present and future PDOs while guzzling a bottle of Kraft Parmesan.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
A CanPol poster is walking along the beach when they come across a young woman tossing starfish back into the sea. "You realize that you're just wasting your time, don't you?" asks the poster. "Nothing you do will make a difference to all those starfish."

The young woman picks up another starfish and flings it into the water. "Made a difference to that one," she says. The poster shouts back, "NO DON'T YOU GET IT THE STARFISH ARE VOTES YOU IMBECILE"

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I really like your poetry. We should publish it as part of a campaign.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Every vote for an NDP member that doesn't win literally saves a life,

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

A CanPol poster is walking along the beach when they come across a young woman tossing starfish back into the sea. "You realize that you're just wasting your time, don't you?" asks the poster. "Nothing you do will make a difference to all those starfish."

The young woman picks up another starfish and flings it into the water. "Made a difference to that one," she says. The poster says back "No, you don't get it, this is a garbage analogy in the mindspace of a neckbeard".

The young woman stares at her hands, now coated with Cheeto dust.

CanPol 2022: her votes, now coated with Cheeto dust

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

StealthArcher posted:

CanPol 2022: her votes, now coated with Cheeto dust

I must have missed that part of “Darmok.”

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Once there were two Cocks living in the same farmyard who couldn't bear the sight of each other. At last, one day they fought it out, beak and talon and claw. They fought until one was beaten bloody and raw, and crawled off to hide and die.

The Cock who had won the battle flew to the top of the hen house and began crowing about their recent victory to anything within earshot. But Capital, circling overhead, heard the mindless cacophony and swooped down, clutched the Cock and spirited it back to its nest to devour.

The surviving Cock, witnessing the impending death of its rival, came out from their corner and sat atop the poo poo heap. "See what voting got you? Fuckin lol"

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Once there were two Cocks living in the same farmyard who couldn't bear the sight of each other. At last, one day they fought it out, beak and talon and claw. They fought until one was beaten bloody and raw, and crawled off to hide and die.

The Cock who had won the battle flew to the top of the hen house and began crowing about their recent victory to anything within earshot. But Capital, circling overhead, heard the mindless cacophony and swooped down, clutched the Cock and spirited it back to its nest to devour.

The surviving Cock, witnessing the impending death of its rival, came out from their corner and sat atop the poo poo heap. "See what voting got you? Fuckin lol"

Is this the abortion is evil cock?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I know she still won by a large margin, but :lol: at Danielle Smith getting only 54% of the vote in an extremely safe UCP riding, which is far less than a nobody backbencher got in 2019.

https://twitter.com/maxfawcett/status/1590196807480799233?s=20&t=5lbImi4yZXRZuQWh-5Smog

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MakaVillian posted:

I know she still won by a large margin, but :lol: at Danielle Smith getting only 54% of the vote in an extremely safe UCP riding, which is far less than a nobody backbencher got in 2019.

https://twitter.com/maxfawcett/status/1590196807480799233?s=20&t=5lbImi4yZXRZuQWh-5Smog

To wit: EMay won her riding with 54% of the vote in 2015 (slight decline in 2019, considerable decline in 2021).

I suspect if the semi-urbanized parts of the riding (Medicine Hat lol) were enough to cause a bit of a stumble, it could be an absolute bloodbath for the UCP in Calgary come the general election. If it is, I hope Jason Kenney stumbles into the scene and yells, in a drunken stupor, "I FUCKIN' TELT YA PRICKS THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

the coward douglath ford posted:

“Do you know what's even worse than Section 33? Is threatening to go on strike, shut down the economy of Ontario, keep parents at home, keep the kids at home, you know, keep the grandparents—as they’re getting unloaded at the grandparent's house, that's so much more dangerous than Section 33,” Ford said at an unrelated news conference on Wednesday.

[...]

"But when you have a union sitting there telling you that they're going on strike before I even mentioned it [Section 33]. They're going on strike no matter what it is, and you have no option, but to sit back and utilize the tool,” Ford said Wednesday.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Oh okay I see. It's actually the entire concept of striking that is bad.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
One day, Frog was sitting on the bank of a river, getting ready to swim across to the polling station.

"Excuse me," said the Scorpion. " I too wish to vote; may I ride on your back?"

Frog said "but you will sting me, and I will die."

"No," said Scorpion, "I would not sting you, for then we would both drown. And also, I wish to exercise my right to vote for my government."

"That makes sense," said Frog, "get on my back, and I will take us both to the polling station."

Scorpion settled on to Frog's back, and Frog began to swim.

Half way across the river, Scorpion stung Frog.

As Frog sank beneath the waves, he said "Scorpion, why did you sting me? Now we'll both drown."

"LOL LMAO," said Scorpion, "you just got owned, you liberal beta cuck soyboy."

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

One day, Frog was sitting on the bank of a river, getting ready to swim across to the polling station.

"No," said Scorpion, "I would not sting you, for then we would both drown. And also, I wish to exercise my right to vote for my government."

"That makes sense," said Frog, "get on my back, and I will take us both to the polling station."

As Frog sank beneath the waves, he said "Scorpion, why did you sting me? Now we'll both drown."

"I can survive underwater for days, fool." said Scorpion, "I was always lying."

Scorpion stared down at his claws, the Cheeto dust finally washed away in the stream.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Gasan instructed his adherents one day: "Those who speak against voting and who desire to stay at home on election day are right. Politicians are animals and insects. But what about those persons who vote Conservative, what about those who are destroying the social safety net, and those who destroy political economy? We should not overlook them. Furthermore, what of the one who complains about the government without voting? He is killing Democracy."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I love how, in the wake of COVID, the government essentially stopped trying to pretend school is about anything other than warehousing children so their parents can work.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

TheCenturion posted:

"LOL LMAO," said Scorpion, "you just got owned, you liberal beta cuck soyboy."

Yes, it's time to raise the bar in this insane echo chamber. Thank you.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Get it right at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Get it right at least

i tried these but nah, i still prefer the fake american poo poo. you can kill me for being a traitor, that's fine.