Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
SAMI!

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxW-5R7IJtRDTNmFqYunDWtJUabfTaQCAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I am impressed by how much Brice has been able to milk a one time 3rd boot from over 8 years ago. Is there any other player with such a short time in the game that has a shadow as large as his?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chili posted:

In other not dc venue related news:

7 Picks are in for this week, 5 left to go.

So far, nobody has been picked twice and we have some all-new castaways showing up this week!

https://forms.gle/FER9jeySvREKW3hD8
Now that I won't be the first one out maybe I'll play with fire a bit

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Looking at the fantasy league, seems like Dwight getting voted out took a lot of people by surprise. I’m sure the rest of my roster is next :ohdear:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Still waiting on Antiquated Pants. Hey Pants, don't look at this!

Here's our field for the ep.

With my inclusion of James I believe every castaway as found themselves on the grid. Let's see where this goes!

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I filled out the form, finally had a chance to catch up on eps last night and the thread. Terribly sorry about my delayed input, didn't expect so muchcrazy stuff to happen these past couple of weeks!

I understand if I'm booted for getting so late but I should be able to keep up now.

As for survivor, this cast is still holding up. I keep being surprised by how much I like t people!

Gabler annoys me most so far but if he manages to successfully fall out of the spotlight after that Ellie play and doesn't get another idle, I'll be really impressed.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Huh, didn't expect Jeanine to be so popular this week -- with her only ally gone and her idol too, she sounded to me like a dead woman walking.

Although if she manages to squeak by that's a hell of a good pick since she's probably gone pretty soon anyway. Such is the nature of pick-em I suppose

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need to see what happens this episode and maybe next but she's on the fast track for the bottom spot in my winner power rankings as someone who's only kept around as a vote because they have no game to back them up in final tribal

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Definitely surprised as well by the Jeanne picks. But 11 survivors left there is a good chance she ends up in the middle of a vote instead of the survivors going for the "easy" vote.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Antiquated Pants posted:

Gabler annoys me most so far but if he manages to successfully fall out of the spotlight after that Ellie play and doesn't get another idle, I'll be really impressed.

I'm surprised to say it, but I think he has a strong chance to win the game. He's been getting more screen time, and they're not giving him a bad edit. He was responsible for pulling the reverse uno card on an alliance that had been treating him like a patsy and targeting him. He hasn't been playing with a strong ego. And they kind of gave him a hero edit with that challenge performance last week. His only major mistake so far was to reveal that it was Owen and the other dude who ratted out the girls to him.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hey pants, I'm out and about and I can't get to the forms right now. Can you just post who you picked for posterity?

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

No problem, I picked Ryan.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm surprised to say it, but I think he has a strong chance to win the game. He's been getting more screen time, and they're not giving him a bad edit. He was responsible for pulling the reverse uno card on an alliance that had been treating him like a patsy and targeting him. He hasn't been playing with a strong ego. And they kind of gave him a hero edit with that challenge performance last week. His only major mistake so far was to reveal that it was Owen and the other dude who ratted out the girls to him.

I don't know if he wins or gets zero votes but my most confident read right now is that he makes it to ftc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can see a couple scenarios where gabler wins for sure but I think he'd be in the third tier right now of likely winners

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'll be surprised if gabeler isn't final 3 but he's basically a goat imo

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
More like goatler am I right

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think part of why he's getting a good edit is that he's the target demo for CBS in general

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Most people who watch CBS are looking at Gabeler and saying "what a nice young man"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I honestly think if he had shaved that dumbass beard before he went out there, people would have taken him more seriously from day one.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I honestly think if he had shaved that dumbass beard before he went out there, people would have taken him more seriously from day one.

Sounds like a threat! Vote out Beardless Gabler imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nihonniboku posted:

Nah he needed the beard to avoid being characterized as just another old white rear end in a top hat oo-rah player. He firmly loaded his resume with just enough quirkiness

Edit: for real though that challenge performance WAS impressive as heck

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I loved all the camp life footage tonight, and how little they focused on the challenge.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this cant be happening

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao forever

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

this cant be happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

poor poor jeanine lol

edit: also I absolutely love that Ryan keeps being this idiot waltzing past schemes completely unaware. I hope he lasts a while longer.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 10, 2022

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Definitely surprised as well by the Jeanne picks. But 11 survivors left there is a good chance she ends up in the middle of a vote instead of the survivors going for the "easy" vote.
I thought if that 7 stayed together for a second bite at the apple, Noelle and Owen would be bigger targets, and Jeanine being weakened so much would maybe give her a reprieve, but I knew it was a dangerous pick, and now I don’t get to play anymore! Picking like Jesse and Cody and stuff would’ve got me a lot further probably. Maybe I’ll make some picks anyway even though I lost already, just for fun

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The funniest player this episode was Cassidy, just going off about getting out Ryan while James was Homer Simpsoning back into the hedge

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I've seen some dumbass votes before, but my God.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the game be dominated by Ryan and then the salesman walk away with the million and they're all shocked.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this season is starting to remind me of Fiji lmao

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm not looking at the results of anything else, but holy poo poo I'm loling so hard that Jesse has loving Jeanine's idol. Didn't see that coming at all!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just started watching the episode now and just want to say

:smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
loving hell.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

I just started watching the episode now and just want to say

:smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:
Dwight said in all his exit interviews that he left the game without giving Jeanine the idol back, that Jeanine did not get the idol back, etc. Now he's out there saying, "I never said I left the game with it though!!!" :smuggo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Dwight said in all his exit interviews that he left the game without giving Jeanine the idol back, that Jeanine did not get the idol back, etc. Now he's out there saying, "I never said I left the game with it though!!!" :smuggo:

Yeah but that's exactly what I was saying too, that they were leaving the cagey bullshit opening by never directly saying he left the game with the idol in his pocket :smuggo:

I feel bad for Jeanine but at least she can get her skin treated now. I'm not sure if it's bad eczema but as someone who has it (not that bad) it looks like it's just as annoying/painful if it's not. I saw she had a couple medical patches on as well this week (they might have been there before and I didn't take note).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lots of people have those patches on, I think they all came after an early challenge where they were rolling around in muck and then the muck dried.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

Lots of people have those patches on, I think they all came after an early challenge where they were rolling around in muck and then the muck dried.

That makes sense, I suppose I was just assuming it was more stuff related to her chin.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not looking at the results of anything else, but holy poo poo I'm loling so hard that Jesse has loving Jeanine's idol. Didn't see that coming at all!

that reveal was incredibly funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if you want to know who's going to do something cool in the next episode just look at my bench apparently because I had both extra point getters there this week and Gabler there last week :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but that's exactly what I was saying too, that they were leaving the cagey bullshit opening by never directly saying he left the game with the idol in his pocket :smuggo:

I feel bad for Jeanine but at least she can get her skin treated now. I'm not sure if it's bad eczema but as someone who has it (not that bad) it looks like it's just as annoying/painful if it's not. I saw she had a couple medical patches on as well this week (they might have been there before and I didn't take note).

I’m pretty sure her chin and shoulders got all hosed up in the early challenge where she had to dig and pull herself under a log.