Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I wish foods could just be enabled and would get consumed as relevant actions are done. Doing the 5min time management is super finicky and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The plan was to make meals cheaper but reduce them all to 1 minute buffs. (Which now seems to be on hold)

I‘ve not seen much more on Discord.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Ghostlight posted:

How do I turn off items auto-locking themselves for quests?

Not sure what you mean or what your goal is.

Super Rare items, or items that are required for unlocking features, lock themselves automatically as you should never sell them.

Other items don't auto lock.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

How do I turn off items auto-locking themselves for quests?

The only way to avoid that is to not track the quest

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Not sure what you mean or what your goal is.

Super Rare items, or items that are required for unlocking features, lock themselves automatically as you should never sell them.

Other items don't auto lock.

If you track a quest it automatically locks everything that the quest requires

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Just got my 100B storehouse upgrade from throwing everything into PC. I'm only 4 GMs away from enough AK to unlock T100, I should probably fish in other places to try to grab some of the moderately difficult fish.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Hobojim posted:

If you track a quest it automatically locks everything that the quest requires

Ah, i never track quests so that explains why i haven't had an issue with locking items.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Man, I’m on towering investment 3 and I went to look ahead at what else was waiting for me in that chain and uh, might have zapped my desire to play this game for a while.

Lots of bad grinding, but 150 of each gold fish after I JUST turned 100 of a bunch of them for another quest…

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Saxophone posted:

Man, I’m on towering investment 3 and I went to look ahead at what else was waiting for me in that chain and uh, might have zapped my desire to play this game for a while.

Lots of bad grinding, but 150 of each gold fish after I JUST turned 100 of a bunch of them for another quest…

Trade as much blue gel as you can, and I auto fish once or twice a day for gold fliers.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Saxophone posted:

The new fishing food with mealworms makes farming gold fish a shitton easier, alongside the grab bag 7 exchanges mentioned above

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Saxophone posted:

What is your username? I can mail you a dozen manual fishing meals

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Saxophone posted:

Man, just 18 more herbs until I can get to this horror myself.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Awww I just got T110 and there's no bonus enabled from the artifact. :(

I was so excited to see what it did.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Awww I just got T110 and there's no bonus enabled from the artifact. :(

I was so excited to see what it did.

T110 offers 1500 more Fruit Trees, I believe. You need to find it in Farm Supply (Gold Perks), not as a Skill Perk.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Klungar posted:

T110 offers 1500 more Fruit Trees, I believe. You need to find it in Farm Supply (Gold Perks), not as a Skill Perk.

Nah, I already had that one from like T90.

Nothing new after hitting T110.

edit: oops, my fault. I meant Tier 120

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Nah, I already had that one from like T90.

Nothing new after hitting T110.

edit: oops, my fault. I meant Tier 120

Yeah, I’ve stopped at 110 for now because none of the higher tiers do anything yet. Recent notes said they were testing having the 120 artifact reduce cooking time by 10%, which seems underwhelming to me but they put that idea on hold.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

rafikki posted:

Yeah, I’ve stopped at 110 for now because none of the higher tiers do anything yet. Recent notes said they were testing having the 120 artifact reduce cooking time by 10%, which seems underwhelming to me but they put that idea on hold.

Eww thats like, actively bad. I wish I could undo my cooking time upgrades so I can get more stir/taste events per recipe.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I’m Nuzatch in game. I didn’t even know there were new fishing goodies. I’m still stuck grinding out onion soup and bone broth, haha.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think if any cooking time upgrades also applied proportionately to stir/taste/season timers, allowing you to get the same or more of those in per meal, they'd actually be good.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm up to 12k watermelons with no pieces of heart

I got the gold potato really fast so I guess it balances out but I want my drat Zelda reference items!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just got a gold potato, and pretty sure I just used up all of my luck.

EDIT: mobile imgur app is poo poo, I've grown 4920 potatoes total since I've started the game.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Hobojim posted:

I'm up to 12k watermelons with no pieces of heart

I got the gold potato really fast so I guess it balances out but I want my drat Zelda reference items!

Since bitching about this I've snagged two pieces of heart in 1000 watermelons, so as always the trick is to complain about it on the internet.

Two more to go and I can stop farming watermelons!

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
I’m Zamiel in game. If anyone has spare Cats Meow, I’m also on that quest for hundreds of gold fish and would greatly appreciate it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Well I gave in and completed part 3 of the stupid desert quest. I suppose I ought to have know what part 4 would look like…

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Fuckin hell

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Seeing that some people are completing quests that reward 2 billion silver, I have very little shame asking if someone can please give me a loving diamond. I’ve been trying to get one from sprinting in black rock or whatever. I’ve spend like 40k stamina and get seem to get the drat thing to drop. Also I need treasure keys if anyone wants to be extra nice.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Seeing that some people are completing quests that reward 2 billion silver, I have very little shame asking if someone can please give me a loving diamond. I’ve been trying to get one from sprinting in black rock or whatever. I’ve spend like 40k stamina and get seem to get the drat thing to drop. Also I need treasure keys if anyone wants to be extra nice.

Unfortunately neither diamonds nor treasure keys are mailable.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Kalman posted:

Unfortunately neither diamonds nor treasure keys are mailable.

Is there something I need to do to increase the chance the thing will drop for me? I’ve spent more stamina on ember lagoon more than anything else combined at this point. I did just upgrade my lemon juice to give me 20 items per pot. I’m just dumping all of my fuckin resources into getting a drat diamond lol

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
That’s kinda how the RNG in this game works. On the plus side Ember Lagoon drops AC so you can put those towards spins.

You’ve also publicly complained about it and that tends to raise your odds significantly.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I’m just dumping all of my fuckin resources into getting a drat diamond lol

There is no real rush dude, as soon as you have that diamond there will be another grind to do.

For perspective, one of the endgame quests requires 4000 diamonds.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Is there something I need to do to increase the chance the thing will drop for me? I’ve spent more stamina on ember lagoon more than anything else combined at this point. I did just upgrade my lemon juice to give me 20 items per pot. I’m just dumping all of my fuckin resources into getting a drat diamond lol

It's a gate. That's the game. If things are mailable always ask because often people have zillions.

To give you an idea eventually you will have 2 pets bringing you several per day. Grind out some mastery while grind for the diamond. Make lanterns and horseshoes and cups.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Just broke ground on my farm, No Belly Acres. I'm going by TeaPartyCrasher in these here parts. Excited to see what this game has in store

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Finally. Just some Goldfins left and then on to figuring out small screws and cogwheels

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Usually when I get centipedes in my mailbox IRL that means I have an issue but I'm going to assume it's useful for game progression

In all seriousness, thank you to the kind goons who have been sending things

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I just stumbled onto this through the Kingdom of Loathing thread and just started an account and oh no I think I'm already hooked.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vandar posted:

I just stumbled onto this through the Kingdom of Loathing thread and just started an account and oh no I think I'm already hooked.

Game is good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

welcome to corn

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

In-game name is Xandra, btw.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Finally made it to the mid game :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
What is the next 10bn upgrade? I have the storehouse one. Is there a pet or should I do the crop row? I'm leaning crop row.

Sawmill, straw, quarry make decent amounts. Not inventory per hour but I'm voiding a bunch as is. Orchard makes >inventory per day and I add 11 trees a day to stay that way.