Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

brocked posted:

I didn't even know the pug's gender
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Paul, the octopus that could predict football matches

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

Mrs ghosts dad is a spurs fan and drove us to the airport at like 4am the day after they blew it and for reasons known only to himself had talksport on. Just gripping the steering wheel listening to calls from Leicester fans who were still out from the night before

To be fair, the ultimate outside shot team winning the title is a great story.

Shame they bottled it and Leicester won instead really.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

frank lampard scoring for city vs chelsea

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I totally forgot that he played for City.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable posted:

I totally forgot that he played for City.

How could you forget City Legend Frank Lampard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl2QHyVR_98

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mark Bosnich learning that it's not OK to do a fascist salute and goose-step in front of the away end, even if you make a little moustache with your fingers to show that you're doing the Basil Fawlty bit

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Mark Bosnich learning that it's not OK to do a fascist salute and goose-step in front of the away end, even if you make a little moustache with your fingers to show that you're doing the Basil Fawlty bit

Against Spurs.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remembering the 2018/22 world cup announcement and the absolute certainty that England would host it, and the subsequent campaign for the BBC to be defunded for running an investigative special about FIFA corruption the night before which obviously turned them against us

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Remembering that awarding the world cup to Qatar was too corrupt for even sepp blatter

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Part of the 2014 world cup being awarded to Brazil involved FIFA being exempt from all laws for the duration of the tournament

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Remembering that awarding the world cup to Qatar was too corrupt for even sepp blatter

he was insanely corrupt but at least understood the optics of it

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

FIFA's in house corruption investigation that to the surprise of no one declared there is no corruption in FIFA case closed

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

FIFA's in house corruption investigation that to the surprise of no one declared there is no corruption in FIFA case closed

And that they immediately disbanded their internal anti corruption department once the investigation was over.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Part of the 2014 world cup being awarded to Brazil involved FIFA being exempt from all laws for the duration of the tournament
That was a thing for 2010 in South Africa too, which I think went so far as to say that FIFA and its the World Cup venues were essentially their own micronation and whatever their rules and regulations were superseded any parts of the South African constitution that it clashed with during the tournament.

And yet, vuvuzelas were still allowed.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 10, 2022

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

That was a thing for 2010 in South Africa too, which I think went so far as to say that FIFA and its the World Cup venues were essentially their own micronation and whatever their rules and regulations were superseded any parts of the South African constitution that it clashed with during the tournament.

And yet, vuvuzelas were still allowed.

Yep this is right. I distinctly remember reading about how only FIFA approved vendors could operate within a certain number of kilometres around the WC stadiums. Sensational.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

Yep this is right. I distinctly remember reading about how only FIFA approved vendors could operate within a certain number of kilometres around the WC stadiums. Sensational.
And if I further remember correctly, the above basically meant that the 2010 World Cup ended up doing next to nothing economically for South Africa itself.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

And if I further remember correctly, the above basically meant that the 2010 World Cup ended up doing next to nothing economically for South Africa itself.

You say that like the industrial vuvuzela manufacturing sector didn't make a lot of people rich.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shroud posted:

You say that like the industrial vuvuzela manufacturing sector didn't make a lot of people rich.
All I remember about vuvuzelas aside from them drowning out match audio was that Youtube video were a moron thought he'd be funny and blast one indoors at his dog and said dog responded by taking a big ol' poo poo on the living room rug.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/LaAev0kmhRc

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

All I remember about vuvuzelas aside from them drowning out match audio was that Youtube video were a moron thought he'd be funny and blast one indoors at his dog and said dog responded by taking a big ol' poo poo on the living room rug.

Video now please.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the time a bird poo poo in ashleys youngs mouth live on television

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Video now please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqv4Vviod0c

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shroud posted:

You always have to keep your eye on Big Vuvuzela.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The thought process that went into that was truly impressive. Let's take an animal that can hear noises impossible for humans to register and blast a noisemaker described as "sounding like a swarm of bees" right in its face. Dude's honestly lucky the doggo didn't up and bite a chunk out of his dumb rear end.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Lmfao.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

We've found the brown note, but only for dogs

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

It is actually horrendous that they made the poor animal cycle through all possible responses until it reached ‘just take a poo poo’.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
some of the vuvuzela smilies were funny at the time too

Since we're talking about the World Cup I've once again remembered Germany smashing Brazil to bits in front of their own fans in their own stadium

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Neymar getting carried off injured and the next game the whole Brazil team coming out wearing t shirts with his face on them in a show of support like he'd died

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the sex ghost posted:

Neymar getting carried off injured and the next game the whole Brazil team coming out wearing t shirts with his face on them in a show of support like he'd died

wasnt that The Game

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

the sex ghost posted:

Apropos, remember Man City doing this for Gundogan.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Apropos, remember Man City doing this for Gundogan.

I had forgotten about this and apparently never saw Gündoğan's response at the time, which was "don't worry, I'm still alive" which makes me like him more

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I suddenly remembered Italy failing to qualify for the world cup lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fridge corn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQ14T7lYNg

hands across the world

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eau de MacGowan posted:

wasnt that The Game

It was, made their abject humiliation by Germany even funnier

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

It was funnier when Liverpool did this exact thing to support Luis Suarez’s racial abuse.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Twice

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

and winning the euros between the failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003