Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stoatbringer posted:

Everyone wants to be able to say they got the very last tweet before it switched off forever.

Elon is going to steal it no way he doesn't and leave it up for days as the only thing served. It will be a stolen image macro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

.wrongthread

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Let that sink in? More like "I will sink this company"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Make the sink ceo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rigel posted:

Even given that purchasing Twitter was a horrible idea likely done during a manic episode, once you've come to terms with what you've done and accepted the financial hit, every single CEO in the entire known universe would have told him to keep the entire team in place, make no immediate changes, and spend a few months learning how Twitter the business works. Just start going around asking questions, why is it this way, why are we doing that, oh I see that makes sense I never would have guessed, etc. Then start making moves with an eye to reasonably cut costs in a sane way.
1) Assign 3 fulltime employees to keep the bots out of @elonmusk replies. Add another person specifically to keep verified accounts from getting hacked and becoming @eionmusk

2) Claim victory over bots once that happens with a before/after picture of his own replies.

3) With his new PR campaign about being a twitter-fixing genius, make big noises about bringing back Vine. Say he will knock tiktok out of the market. Raise more capital for that, maybe get something going, since getting people to hand him money is the one skill Elon has.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Lol I posted the same thing in the PYF thread

https://youtu.be/QUnRR-WrL3I

Elon musk locked in his office, posting with this playing in the background on repeat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVjeheaFfsM&t=36s

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Where are we going to go to follow Twitter’s downfall if Twitter goes down???

Can someone buy Elon an SA account and DM him in the login credentials?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tunicate posted:

1) Assign 3 fulltime employees to keep the bots out of @elonmusk replies. Add another person specifically to keep verified accounts from getting hacked and becoming @eionmusk

2) Claim victory over bots once that happens with a before/after picture of his own replies.

3) With his new PR campaign about being a twitter-fixing genius, make big noises about bringing back Vine. Say he will knock tiktok out of the market. Raise more capital for that, maybe get something going, since getting people to hand him money is the one skill Elon has.

Elon "all my businesses rob each other in a big Peter/Paul crypto ponzi scheme" Musk

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Heard Elon fucks batteries

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

This whole Twitter thing shows me how lucky we are to have Jeff running SA.

poo poo, Lowtax was better at running a social media site than Musk

he'd just blunder in inebriated every six months, ban a bunch of people, and make some stupid decisions, then return to eating overpriced cookies while the mod team put out the fires

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Lowtax got banned from twitter like three different times and he was still way funnier there than Elong will ever be.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've not been super closely following the Twitter news, but just the few things I see are amazing. Firing a bunch of people, then today I see he is banning work-from-home and requiring "at least 40 hours" per week in the office. :allears:

Business brain genius, indeed.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've not been super closely following the Twitter news, but just the few things I see are amazing. Firing a bunch of people, then today I see he is banning work-from-home and requiring "at least 40 hours" per week in the office. :allears:

"This creates the confusion and resigned, despairing loyalty that lets me stay king"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The people who quit won’t be owed severance or unemployment. That’s a win.

No I didn’t think any further than the most immediate short term benefit. What’s the problem?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao twitter's downfall will all be completely on musk and musk alone and everyone knows it and he will say he did it on purpose like a cat falling off the bookshelf giving you that look

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I just keep getting really ridiculous Silicon Valley vibes out of this whole fiasco, like dead on "Gavin Belson set the price for middle out compression" nonsense

Is there not some loophole where spending 44 billion on the internet equivalent of sprint's push to talk, but text, and then spiking the company into a chernobylesque wasteland makes literally any sense?

Does he get to own the underlying IP or something even if this whole thing crumbles? Is is just some stock shell game behind the scenes to devalue a bunch of connected properties to recoup after before some big breakthrough?

Or is occam's razor just showing us the stupidest fucker who ever bought a thing?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Silicon Valley writers have insisted that they cannot top real life and they have been proven correct repeatedly

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

It's about time we got an updated Mission Accomplished-style picture out there.

I'll never stop laughing that the world's richest man's only source of dopamine is a guy with a cartoon monkey avatar telling him that he has the most epic memes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's just super divorced.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

postmodifier posted:

Or is occam's razor just showing us the stupidest fucker who ever bought a thing?

To pose the question is to know the answer.

Also cocaine is one hell of a drug.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

postmodifier posted:

I just keep getting really ridiculous Silicon Valley vibes out of this whole fiasco, like dead on "Gavin Belson set the price for middle out compression" nonsense

Is there not some loophole where spending 44 billion on the internet equivalent of sprint's push to talk, but text, and then spiking the company into a chernobylesque wasteland makes literally any sense?

Does he get to own the underlying IP or something even if this whole thing crumbles? Is is just some stock shell game behind the scenes to devalue a bunch of connected properties to recoup after before some big breakthrough?

This isn’t anything more complicated than a guy with 250 bucks spending 44 dollars and regretting it in the morning.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

postmodifier posted:

Dude's entire plan was to spend $44 billion just to scream "I'M NOT OWNED!" as loudly as humanly or technologically possible.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
tumblr just added the ability to buy two blue checkmarks for what it costs to buy one on Twitter!

https://www.tumblr.com/tumblrmart/blue-checkmark

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/cobrastanguy/status/1590702058096971777?s=46&t=xlroL6ugFqbsnGS3FcLINw

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

postmodifier posted:

It will save you a lot of confusion in the future to just keep in mind that Ol' Musky is a big dumb idiot. If anything needs further clarification, also remember that he desperately needs constant adulation, and when the supply threatened to dry up, he turned to the world's biggest audience of rubes, the fascists, and promptly radicalized himself because his brand of own-fart-huffing techbro is especially susceptible to their message.

Dude had to discover in court that "I was shitposting" does not invalidate a signed contract. This is the result. It's that simple.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elon admitted to being a cocaine addict yesterday and every just kind of ignored it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tumblr has been on fire lately

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

euphronius posted:

Elon admitted to being a cocaine addict yesterday and every just kind of ignored it

Lol what

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Entropic posted:

tumblr just added the ability to buy two blue checkmarks for what it costs to buy one on Twitter!

https://www.tumblr.com/tumblrmart/blue-checkmark

https://twitter.com/SleepyTeaMage/status/1590810814272905228

https://twitter.com/Tautologicaly/status/1590820607754907649

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The motto of the Bitcoin thread is "It can't be that stupid - you must be explaining it wrong."

I feel like this applies equally well to Elon.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Isn't the FTC like the one regulatory body you never, ever gently caress with under any circumstances?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

it would be hilarious if tumblr sold more joke checkmarks than twitter sold "real" checkmarks.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

one of marissa mayer's first orders at yahoo was to force everyone back into the office. that worked out great for her.

the twitter office in SF is huge, and before the pandemic a large percentage worked in that office (it is pretty nice, i've been in their old office and that one was already pretty big). so in SF yes. else where, specially outside of US? *shrug*

It may have been nice, but apparently not only is Musk requiring employees to be in the offices, he is also eliminating a lot of the perks of being there:

quote:

Musk also told staff the days of free food and other perks at the offices were over.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-11-10/five-things-you-need-to-know-to-start-your-day-labp790g

All stick, no carrot.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I know that the US barely has any labour laws and employment contract law, and the 'work from the office NOW NOW NOW' is an attempt to get lots of people to quit without severance, but constructive dismissal is a thing and promissory estoppel is a thing and they've been going 'we have a permanent work from home policy' for three years now and people have made employment decisions and life decisions and moved based on that policy, surely instead of lots of people quitting it's going to be lots of people suing on being forced to quit by the unreasonable sudden employment condition change.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sir John Falstaff posted:

It may have been nice, but apparently not only is Musk requiring employees to be in the offices, he is also eliminating a lot of the perks of being there:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-11-10/five-things-you-need-to-know-to-start-your-day-labp790g

All stick, no carrot.

Worse than the Tiger Oil guy.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Blarghalt posted:

Isn't the FTC like the one regulatory body you never, ever gently caress with under any circumstances?

no, you're thinking of mail cops

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Internet Old One posted:

This place has outlived a lot.

lowtax lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

euphronius posted:

Yeah, you can't just post this without a followup.