Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The goal was sick and Minnesota deserved to be scored on. It was one of those "the player is baaaaarely offsides" challenges where one player being barely offsides had nothing to do with the actual play the goal was scored on. Stupid.

Except it was Zegras that was offside? Offside is offside, how pretty the goal is doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jhet posted:

Except it was Zegras that was offside? Offside is offside, how pretty the goal is doesn't matter.

Zegras was not offside, Kulikov was.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Weakest hooking call I've ever seen

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Mind_Taker posted:

gently caress the offside challenge
https://twitter.com/heatdaddy69420/status/1590571399470776321?s=20&t=7eVi0beItUlvu3uUbqgzDg

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Jesus loving Christ

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I live off these tears. They sustain me.

They will hate offside until it saves Anaheim a goal against, at which point it will be working exactly the right way. Sure, I'm disappointed when it goes against Minnesota, but offside is the easy one.

It's even better with the Ducks marching to the penalty box in the 3rd.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The duck's pk should be better than they are with all the experience they're getting

:negative:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ok, Jackets, let's not be complete rear end tonight. I'd accept partial rear end, as it would be an improvement. Maybe Korpi will be a spark in net to allow fewer goals and wake the defense up a smidge.

(I want so badly to wear my new Laine jersey with pride but don't think I've ever looked less forward to CBJ hockey in 17 years of watching this team. :shepicide:)

e- Punishing Chuck Fletcher for his thriftiness is :siren: JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :siren:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 11, 2022

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

CBJSprague24 posted:

don't think I've ever looked less forward to CBJ hockey in 17 years of watching this team. :shepicide:)

Holy hell, less watchable than a mid-00’s Jackets team? My god

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That was a spicy rebound, yikes Comrie.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
what a nice rebound

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

that eichel breakaway looked like it happened in slow motion wtf lol

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Comrie read that breakaway really well, at least!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Z :siren:

The Dirty Burger posted:

Holy hell, less watchable than a mid-00’s Jackets team? My god

I started watching late in 2005-06 and there was an extended honeymoon period between then and when they were actually good in 2008-09.

I mercifully missed the pre-lockout days.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Devils are probably due to lose a game because of goaltending. Ottawas defense is horrific though could easily be like a 4-2 game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

what the hell is happening in this game lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

T-Bone posted:

Devils are probably due to lose a game because of goaltending. Ottawas defense is horrific though could easily be like a 4-2 game

They gave up a 3rd for Travis Hamonic lol

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hischier <3
:devil:

A lot more composure this season at both ends of the ice. We're getting some pretty good goaltending too.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 11, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

The Dirty Burger posted:

They gave up a 3rd for Travis Hamonic lol

How has Sanderson looked that was a real nice play on the first goal

Ottawa forwards still look super dangerous but man there's a lot of room for the Devils to skate

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lessail posted:

what the hell is happening in this game lol

poo poo’s crazy

Sucks that the goal was overturned, it was really close. Sucks for Vegas I mean! Go Sabres! lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

T-Bone posted:

How has Sanderson looked that was a real nice play on the first goal

Ottawa forwards still look super dangerous but man there's a lot of room for the Devils to skate

He has been unbelievable, his college nickname The Human Breakout Machine was terrible, but accurate. There’s like 5 times a game where Hamonic tosses him a muffin with two forecheckers all over him and he’ll wire it off the glass to a rushing forward. Doesn’t play like a rookie, has been the teams best d since Chabot has regressed

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i hope the eichel returning to buffalo narrative is done soon it's all the espn announcers are talking about. i don't remember the "revenge game" talk lasting past the first return during vgk's first year and eichel's return already happened :raise:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I haven't watched much of Ottawa this year so maybe I'm catching them on a bad night but they look really soft and bad defensively. You can see the offensive talent but there's just lots of space in their d-zone to abuse and NJ is taking advantage tonight.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
poor erik haula could have 10 goals

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: I might not go to bed mad tonight :siren:

knox
Oct 28, 2004

What the gently caress is Gallant doing, kid line is 4th line LMFAO. Vesey doing nothing on first line.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's right, I forgot Philly had Tony D.

E- Deslauriers just ran Gudbranson. We're already down one defenseman you fucks.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 11, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils expected GF is gonna be nuts tonight lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oof, that's a paddlin'.

Or, apparently, not.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

holy poo poo cotter

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Ginette Reno posted:

I haven't watched much of Ottawa this year so maybe I'm catching them on a bad night but they look really soft and bad defensively. You can see the offensive talent but there's just lots of space in their d-zone to abuse and NJ is taking advantage tonight.

This is true, they also all tend to collapse towards the net 5v5 so the d man at the blue line has 5 seconds to make a play with the puck

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Lessail posted:

holy poo poo cotter

Wouldn’t have happened if the refs had called that high stick penalty on Carrier :rolleyes:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

gently caress's sake Wings

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Fabian Zetterlund sounds like a swedish prospect that EA made up for NHL 23

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
this is the best game of the year Kravtsov has played by far. it would rule if he could consistently play like this

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Oh another one of these games for the Wings huh

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wouldn’t have happened if the refs had called that high stick penalty on Carrier :rolleyes:

There's no video review of high sticks, so it's cool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mathieu Olivier has volunteered to be a defenseman with the Jackets only having 4 D at the moment.

He can't be any worse than some of the crap Lars is trotting out back there.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

espn finally gets the eichel goal they wanted this whole time lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Eh, goal may have gotten called back, but I think VGK has made it up by now.