Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Bankruptcy would only discharge the buyout debt right? Its not like there's enormous amounts of legacy pensions to clear or anything. Threatening it just pushes people out even faster so you're left with the people too lazy or incompetent to find a better job. Actually doing it means you're shutting it down completely, you won't be able to get financing without putting up real assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Wait, so is this how we fix inflation?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

Musk is bound and determined to post through it, where "it" seems to be encompassing everything from bankruptcy to FTC filings. That's dedication. Still not a good poster, but dedicated.

I'll say this in his defense: The content has been in-credible

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'll say this in his defense: The content has been in-credible

These past few weeks have been Twitter at its best. It's like every shitposter on the planet's been training for this exact moment.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

lightpole posted:

Bankruptcy would only discharge the buyout debt right? Its not like there's enormous amounts of legacy pensions to clear or anything. Threatening it just pushes people out even faster so you're left with the people too lazy or incompetent to find a better job. Actually doing it means you're shutting it down completely, you won't be able to get financing without putting up real assets.

They had $1.3B of operating lease liabilities on their last 10-Q and bankruptcy can also reset employment agreements (severance etc). Not sure about the magnitude of that last one but it's clear he has a personal axe to grind against Twitter employees, so...

As far as real assets go, they had net $2.2B of PP&E (most of which is tech equipment that they depreciate quickly, 3-5 years). Relative to $44B there's not a lot to put up.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Ok, so 9th dimensional chess thought exercise. If this was a tank job disguised as poster brain, what would be in service of? Strategic planning for Tesla/SpaceX/solar panels? Step 2 from the Underpants Gnomes business model?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

GD_American posted:

Ok, so 9th dimensional chess thought exercise. If this was a tank job disguised as poster brain, what would be in service of? Strategic planning for Tesla/SpaceX/solar panels? Step 2 from the Underpants Gnomes business model?

This reeks of the gnomes

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Old Boot posted:

These past few weeks have been Twitter at its best. It's like every shitposter on the planet's been training for this exact moment.

The band keeps playing as the ship goes down

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1590692238748971008?cxt=HHwWgMDT2bmKo5MsAAAA

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
^^^^ :lmao:

GD_American posted:

Gnomes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I do not know that I could destroy a company as quickly as Musk has if I were trying.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
What did Something Awful initially charge for user activation? Was it always :10bux: or has it adjusted for inflation?

e: lol it's always been $10 since 2001. Which adjusted for inflation is now $16.83. Twitter is undervaluing itself, man Elon has got to step it up

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Platystemon posted:

I do not know that I could destroy a company as quickly as Musk has if I were trying.

I know right? Elon could have literally tweeted "YO SUCK MY DICK AND BALLS @walmart @chase @apple @disney @nfl" and the inertia would have carried it farther than this.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Suicide Watch posted:

What did Something Awful initially charge for user activation? Was it always :10bux: or has it adjusted for inflation?

e: lol it's always been $10 since 2001. Which adjusted for inflation is now $16.83. Twitter is undervaluing itself, man Elon has got to step it up

It was $10 in 2002 :corsair:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
gently caress I'm coming up on my 20th anniversary here

Triple post not sorry :justpost:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

How is this even real

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Suicide Watch posted:

Wait, so is this how we fix inflation?

Maybe actually kinda

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
That one's not, unfortunately.

I mean it's not a real fake, it's a fake fake. It is itself a real fake of course, but the fake it is faking is fake.

Uh, it's a photoshop.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The humor is real.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/LockheedMartini/status/1590876906529751040

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I can’t believe that one of Twitter’s fifteen moderators caught it that fast.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

GD_American posted:

If you look up Hungary's media atmosphere since orban took power it makes more sense.

Buy all the bad press and burn it down like Sinclair and the pedophile buying all the newspapers in America.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 11, 2022

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Discussion Quorum posted:

gently caress I'm coming up on my 20th anniversary here

Triple post not sorry :justpost:

I missed my Decade anniversary buy 11 minutes

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Discussion Quorum posted:

That one's not, unfortunately.

I mean it's not a real fake, it's a fake fake. It is itself a real fake of course, but the fake it is faking is fake.

Uh, it's a photoshop.

I think I just had a small stroke

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Twitter right now feels like the last part of Cabin in the Woods when the monsters have all broken out of their containment cells and are just massacring the hell out of the security forces and workers. Some of the monsters are gross, others are scary, some are there for comic relief, but ultimately you can’t tear your eyes away from the screen.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Twitter right now feels like the last part of Cabin in the Woods when the monsters have all broken out of their containment cells and are just massacring the hell out of the security forces and workers. Some of the monsters are gross, others are scary, some are there for comic relief, but ultimately you can’t tear your eyes away from the screen.

This is the best description I've heard all day

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blind Rasputin posted:

I think I just had a small stroke

https://twitter.com/reactjpg/status/1373856474598805505?s=20&t=DpW7CY35LBqJzITuKy3t7A

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Nailed it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Happy Veterans day you fellow GiP'ers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know it's veterans day when my brother asks me about free food, which I never do.

That text came an hour ago.

Not seeing any weed deals worth driving to Pueblo either. Oh well.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Remnants of the hurricane/tropical storm has it raining here today but I'm gonna smoke a pork shoulder for pulled pork tomorrow or Sunday

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've never celebrated Veteran's Day, and the older I get the more offensive and disgusted I find it.

I'd prefer 365 days of being ignored rather than one day where all the hypocrites, non-hackers, and moral cowards can congratulate themselves over their fake loving support 1 day a year- 2, really, because 33% of Americans have no idea what Memorial Day is.

I'm a bitter old man. https://youtu.be/bqPhIDSkYLo

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Can I interest you in Yet More Schadenfreude instead?

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1591081913166745601

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've never celebrated Veteran's Day, and the older I get the more offensive and disgusted I find it.

I'd prefer 365 days of being ignored rather than one day where all the hypocrites, non-hackers, and moral cowards can congratulate themselves over their fake loving support 1 day a year- 2, really, because 33% of Americans have no idea what Memorial Day is.

:same:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
yeah last night we were having a nice impromptu family dinner and my sister, who is the daughter of a 28 year Navy vet and a one term Navy vet, is married to a 24 year Army vet and whose brother is a 5 year Army vet, gave a toast to veterans out of the blue and I'm like....come on, no, in this family of all places surely we're past this silliness

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yeah whatever. I’m just disappointed I overslept and missed the window to get a free breakfast combo at Wendy’s

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bulletsponge13 posted:

This is my take.

Besides, it is incredibly awkward when they ram in a "thank you for your service" into the conversation.

Thanks I guess? I appreciate the thought, but by the lack of license plates, hats, t shirt, tattoo, etc it is obvious I don't care.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
personally I find all reminders that I was in the military offensive

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I bet you even got some kind of medal while you were in

Happy Veterans day, y'all

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB