Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They release 4* in ways this wouldn't always work, but the occasions where you can get the new one in the free character patch close to their release is nice (Yun Jin, Dori, Collei).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

After hearing Layla's (english) voice in this event quest, I've decided that I no longer mind that she's on a banner that I don't intend to pull on.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

After hearing Layla's (english) voice in this event quest, I've decided that I no longer mind that she's on a banner that I don't intend to pull on.

what if sucrose, but even breathier

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Don't blame Layla, she literally can't sleep

Been awake for literal months

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The half closed sleepy eyes just make her like shes really high

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Welp, this just happened

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Welp, this just happened

Congratz. All of my Deepwood helms and Goblets suck, and I am getting sick of running this domain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
These past three patches have just been too much. Farming 1700 special ingredients, plus the archon quest, PLUS Ayanyaka/Golden slumber is a lot to ask over the last 11 weeks. Hope the Fontaine release is a little less crazy, especially because I won't have 300 wishes saved going into it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

These past three patches have just been too much. Farming 1700 special ingredients, plus the archon quest, PLUS Ayanyaka/Golden slumber is a lot to ask over the last 11 weeks. Hope the Fontaine release is a little less crazy, especially because I won't have 300 wishes saved going into it.

You are going to whale hard for the bombastic steampunk Ace Attorney Hydro Archon waifu, and you are going to like it.

Same as the rest of us.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i can't get off unless there's 100hrs of new content every patch

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i can't get off unless there's 100hrs of new content every patch

*monkey's paw finger curls, 50 story quests spring into being*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

On the one hand, I kept tripping over other story quests as I was trying to finish the Sumeru Archon quest

But on the other, I 1-rounded the boss in story mode with one Noelle sweep and her shield breaking for 81K so that was cool as gently caress.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

hu tao has a fedora now

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I looked up a guide for all of the aranara locations. I must have missed one. Maybe it didn't spawn in or something. God drat.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I looked up a guide for all of the aranara locations. I must have missed one. Maybe it didn't spawn in or something. God drat.

I did the exact same thing, went through all of them, last chest still wont open. It sucks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This event shop has ZERO purple books!?!?!?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Nyoro posted:

hu tao has a fedora now
Please tell me this is a skin I can throw money at MHY for.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Please tell me this is a skin I can throw money at MHY for.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's in line behind every other cross-promotion outfit including many that were also for Hu Tao.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nahida/Yoimiya is only about 5 million USD off of pace for Raiden Kokomi Rerun in terms of the highest recorded revenue during a banner period with a week to go for China IOS and will have 3 days less of being active by the time all is said and done. I think it's kind of fair to say Nahida/Yoimiya is the fastest grossing banner period the game has ever had for that region. :stare:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Which chart are you looking at, because the ones I've seen have (based specifically on iOS China revenue) put it ahead-of-pace.

It has made significantly more money by day 9 than the original raiden or raiden+koko banners made in the same timeframe, making it (so far) the banner with the highest revenue per day.
It's 5 mil below the absolute 21-day revenue of the raiden rerun which is different from being behind pace.

But if you look at total revenue and not per-day revenue then the 42-day-long ayaka banner is actually the highest one, with a total of 35.9 million on that chart.

Of course the playerbase of the game is constantly rising over time, it would be interesting to see a chart like this adjusted by the "monthly active users" at the time of each banner to see which banners made the most money-per-user.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 11, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Which chart are you looking at, because the ones I've seen have (based specifically on iOS China revenue) put it ahead-of-pace.

It has made significantly more money by day 9 than the original raiden or raiden+koko banners made in the same timeframe, making it (so far) the banner with the highest revenue per day.
It's 5 mil below the absolute 21-day revenue of the raiden rerun which is different from being behind pace.

But if you look at total revenue and not per-day revenue then the 42-day-long ayaka banner is actually the highest one, with a total of 35.9 million on that chart.

Of course the playerbase of the game is constantly rising over time, it would be interesting to see a chart like this adjusted by the "monthly active users" at the time of each banner to see which banners made the most money-per-user.

I phrased that weird sorry. I meant to say it was about 5 million USD off the final mark with about a week to go with 3 days less of overall time. It's definitely the fastest grossing one there.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Yoimiya haters in SHAMBLES now that she is on the fastest-selling banner of all time

and contributing about 5% to it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Im going to get nahida without paying money and this fungus pokemon game is going to give me the primos to do it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well since the game is FORCING me to do Nilous character quest i'll say this: she's pretty loving adorbs

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
So every Character you put in the Teapot has a sort of Idle Stance they take when you approach them, usually something they use in conversation animations.

Nahida gives you a little wave.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

MadHat posted:

So every Character you put in the Teapot has a sort of Idle Stance they take when you approach them, usually something they use in conversation animations.

Nahida gives you a little wave.

Normally I don't like the cute kid characters in RPGs, but I have to admit they've done a decent job of making Klee, Nahida, and Qiqi adorable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People thought the poop thing was just a one-off thing in the quest but no, she just *keeps* talking about taking a poo poo.

Or the very specific situation of an animal eating another animal and whether to blame its diarrhea from the prey or the prey's stomach.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's kinda weird to me how cutesy Nahida's animations are, even in their nerfed state. I'm not sure it suits her. She's written as a relatively serious character, as far as Genshin goes.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
If you haven't had enough of overworked ladies in Genshin Impact, Hoyoverse has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFg0bsuvcs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

last part of the sumeru storyline kinda felt like a g-rated bank heist, i enjoyed it a lot

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Layla is not good (character and english voice wise). Haven't disliked a character this much in awhile.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FractalSandwich posted:

It's kinda weird to me how cutesy Nahida's animations are, even in their nerfed state. I'm not sure it suits her. She's written as a relatively serious character, as far as Genshin goes.

I mean she's still basically a child archon, isn't she? But yeah definitely in her story stuff I've seen she's more serious and grounded for the most part.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

mikemil828 posted:

If you haven't had enough of overworked ladies in Genshin Impact, Hoyoverse has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXFg0bsuvcs

ITS NAP TIME

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Finally got Nahida a few pulls into soft pity. Now just to level her. And bennett. And xingqiu. And maybe qiqi. Oh god.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Finally got Nahida a few pulls into soft pity. Now just to level her. And bennett. And xingqiu. And maybe qiqi. Oh god.

It’s a good problem to have.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I'm glad that, at the very least, the mhy staff can work out their school-related trauma on the job lmao. But with Layla it feels like I've already seen dozens copies of this character, and done event quests with like half of them. Lets move on!!

Probably gonna try to get at least 1 copy though. I've been appreciating skill based application more and more as time goes on, and Miko is also a character I wouldn't mind getting on accident. I don't think there's any downsides here :buddy:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Layla is the most relatable woman in Teyvat. She just like me fr.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Layla is a cute multiple personality disorder haha student lady who is probably going to drop dead from fatigue and renal failure before long.

Good thing we have magic healing to keep people happily trucking on even after mortal wounds otherwise she's probably be in the dirt already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

weird she's not a cryo catalyst which I think still doesn't exist