Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I'm trying to get field modifications on tier 8 premiums and it's absolutely ridiculous how much better USSR premiums are compared to other countries. Especially Germany.

The heavies are fantastic and the 44-100 (my white whale) is also amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

I'm trying to get field modifications on tier 8 premiums and it's absolutely ridiculous how much better USSR premiums are compared to other countries. Especially Germany.

:ussr:

e;
The premiums I absolutely loved grinding field mods on other than my USSR tanks is the Patton KR and the Eagle 7.

Eagle loving 7 is something else.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MariusLecter posted:

:ussr:

e;
The premiums I absolutely loved grinding field mods on other than my USSR tanks is the Patton KR and the Eagle 7.

Eagle loving 7 is something else.

I love the Eagle 7. It just does what it's supposed to do.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Okay, I have to ask, why is the Eagle 7 good? I have it, but it never really clicked. Might be the crew I put in it though. I liked the T20 better to be honest

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Maybe they buffed it?

It is a down-tiered Pershing but with a poo poo engine last I recalled. As far as T7 premiums go its probably one of the best, but also its T7, so who cares.

If matching making was 0 or +- 1 I'd probably play a lot more T7 cause I do like a lot of T7, but gently caress fighting T9's at T7. Basically the same as if you were fighting T10s.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

BadLlama posted:

Maybe they buffed it?

It is a down-tiered Pershing but with a poo poo engine last I recalled. As far as T7 premiums go its probably one of the best, but also its T7, so who cares.

If matching making was 0 or +- 1 I'd probably play a lot more T7 cause I do like a lot of T7, but gently caress fighting T9's at T7. Basically the same as if you were fighting T10s.

+0 matches in t7 is fun but yeah +2s are loving awful. i got Mastery in the Tiger the other day on like my 5th game with it because it was a +0 match and I ended up doing something like 4.5k damage

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wanted to get a win or two before work today, so I decided to play the TS-5.

If you ever have a chance to get that tank, do it. It is such an amazingly fun tank to play.

Also, the Churchill 3 has been my go-to mission completer. People for some reason don't expect that level of dakka dakka.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Got a survey popup ingame the other day where if memory serves there were actually two different questions regarding cross-tier matching, both of which I naturally answered with "+2 is poo poo, stop it". One can hope.

They could even lower MM in general to +1-1 and just give "preferential matchmaking" vehicles a 0-1 spread instead, where they never see higher tiers at all.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Got a survey popup ingame the other day where if memory serves there were actually two different questions regarding cross-tier matching, both of which I naturally answered with "+2 is poo poo, stop it". One can hope.

They could even lower MM in general to +1-1 and just give "preferential matchmaking" vehicles a 0-1 spread instead, where they never see higher tiers at all.

Or just.. not be prefmm special tanks anymore as they are +1/-2 already.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i don't play my soviet premiums that much. the progetto is the big money maker, and i use the gsor for missions. idk i'm sure they're good but i just have something that works for whatever im doing from another country and the soviet stuff feels so outdated

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

There's so many Soviet premiums that some of them are bound to be amazing.

I would immediately nominate:
- Object 703vII (the original double barrel tank, miles better than the actual tech tree T8 and a very good tank)
- SU-130PM (what if the Skorpion had good camo? Not really hindered much by the limited turret rotation)
- KV-220-2 (broken)
- T-34-85M (one of the best T6 mediums)
- SU-122-44 (one of the best assault TDs)
- IS-3A (solid T8 heavy with the reverse autoreloader gimmick)
- Defender / Object 252U (not as broken as it was at release but still one of the worst T8 heavies to go against)
- K-91-PT (one of my favourite T9 TDs)
- Object 279e

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
As wild as this sounds, I kinda like the IS-2-II better than the 703. I enjoy more reliable guns despite the 703 kinda being straight up better.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's so many Soviet premiums that some of them are bound to be amazing.

I would immediately nominate:
- Object 703vII (the original double barrel tank, miles better than the actual tech tree T8 and a very good tank)
- SU-130PM (what if the Skorpion had good camo? Not really hindered much by the limited turret rotation)
- KV-220-2 (broken)
- T-34-85M (one of the best T6 mediums)
- SU-122-44 (one of the best assault TDs)
- IS-3A (solid T8 heavy with the reverse autoreloader gimmick)
- Defender / Object 252U (not as broken as it was at release but still one of the worst T8 heavies to go against)
- K-91-PT (one of my favourite T9 TDs)
- Object 279e
The T-34-85M is stupidly loving good for its tier. It was dogshit (as in "Type 58" dogshit) on release, with an awful base pen and relying solely on a frontal armour gimmick that didn't even matter given how horrible the MM was back then (lmao remember going up against 10 Tier VIII vehicles in a Tier VI?) and then WG overbuffed it to compensate. That was years ago and yet it still finds itself among the top of the pile for Tier VI MTs.

Mesadoram posted:

As wild as this sounds, I kinda like the IS-2-II better than the 703. I enjoy more reliable guns despite the 703 kinda being straight up better.
Yeah... not going to disagree here. The 703-II is some great fun, but having what looks to be an easy double-shot miss/bounce because ~RNG~ can be game-endingly painful.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Yeah... not going to disagree here. The 703-II is some great fun, but having what looks to be an easy double-shot miss/bounce because ~RNG~ can be game-endingly painful.

But, hitting a double penetration with the 703 is :discourse: every time.

IS-2-II can just do that more often, more constantly and usually hits for a little less damage.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i will say i have gotten sent straight to hell by forgetting the LT-432 has armor. that thing is really good

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i will say i have gotten sent straight to hell by forgetting the LT-432 has armor. that thing is really good

You're right, I forgot the LT-432. It's excellent. Great camo, actual armor, extremely good HE, it's a banger of a light tank. Not as busted as the ELC Even 90 or the Ferrari, but still very good.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i forgot how much i love the french autoloaders. just unlocked the 50 100 and already had every thing but the tracks unlocked from going through the batchat line. 6 shells in a clip fuckin rules

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Large Testicles posted:

i forgot how much i love the french autoloaders. just unlocked the 50 100 and already had every thing but the tracks unlocked from going through the batchat line. 6 shells in a clip fuckin rules

:hfive:

French are the best

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

If you can get your hands on the Somua SM, do it. It's fantastic.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The somua is what the 50 100 wished it was

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

If you can get your hands on the Somua SM, do it. It's fantastic.

JuffoWup posted:

The somua is what the 50 100 wished it was

:hmmyes:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How do you use the French heavy autoloaders?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

skaianDestiny posted:

Like French medium tanks. Chill out till you see someone over extending, then make them pay for their life choices. They have no armor to speak of, so you cannot be hyper aggressive in them (unless you A) Have the speed advantage to get to a good spot or B) You KNOW there is nothing that can kill you where you are going).

Samua doing 1500 in like 9 seconds is kinda horrifying, which is why I love it so dearly.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Kunze Panzer is a pretty fun tank. Not as fun as the Char but it definitely works with my style. It's a good mix of maneuverability and gun handling, as long as I wasn't trying to snipe out of siege mode. However, I did find myself just driving around in siege mode more than once and not caring too much. Leaving siege mode for faster reload then going back in to shoot wasn't as big of a headache as I thought it would be.

skaianDestiny posted:

I used it mostly as a way to yell at my computer screen as only 1 of my shells in a drum connected before I had to go on another 35 second reload.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 11, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

WG's premium tank pricing model is bizarre. CS-52 LIS is 35$ but when the T-44-100 was available a couplefew weeks back, it was like 45$. The LIS is a better and more recent vehicle. Do they not update their pricing over time?

And of course the neat 3d-style for it isn't available separately either. Thanks WG.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sushibandit posted:

WG's premium tank pricing model is bizarre. CS-52 LIS is 35$ but when the T-44-100 was available a few weeks back, it was like 45$. The LIS is a better and more recent vehicle. Do they not update their pricing over time?

And of course the neat 3d-style for it isn't available separately either. Thanks WG.

There might have been some additional "goodies" that they threw into the bundle that increased the cost? But if not, some tanks are just more desirable than others and WG prices accordingly. I also don't get why they don't sell 3D styles permanently, but I guess they feel people wouldn't pay 12 dollars for them if they weren't perceived as rare.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

TracerM17 posted:

I used it mostly as a way to yell at my computer screen as only 1 of my shells in a drum connected before I had to go on another 35 second reload.

This was my experience as well. Along with the feeling my team got punished since it does take a heavy slot. Couple with its size being able to easily catch arty shells. And then the lack of armor allowing those easily caught arty shells be full pens. Gritted through the 50 100 to unlock the 50 120, then sold it and placed the crew in the somua sm. That line is full of rear end and needs a balance review.

Also, this describes my experience of the lorraine 40t when it was in the medium tech tree line as well. That thing is too big for medium stuff. Especially for it's size. It is literally the same size as a 50 100 and equally equipped.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am still pissed they never went through with the AMX 30 buffs. But yeah, the 50b and Batchat lines needs some tunning (buffs).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You aren't being greasy enough. You never want to be in a fair fight in a French autoloader.

In the early game you do either of the following:
1. You CHAI snipe tanks from somewhere where you aren't going to be lit if you fire.
2. You follow around an armoured heavy, and whenever someone takes a shot at them, you pop out and shoot them twice while they're reloading.

Your main goal is to survive until the battle is half over and then start trading your HP for clipping out enemy tanks. The only time you can even think about being aggressive in the early game is when you know with 100% certainty that an enemy is alone and is low enough on HP that you can clip them out even if you miss or bounce a shot.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think the 50 100 is still really good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

You aren't being greasy enough. You never want to be in a fair fight in a French autoloader.

In the early game you do either of the following:
1. You CHAI snipe tanks from somewhere where you aren't going to be lit if you fire.
2. You follow around an armoured heavy, and whenever someone takes a shot at them, you pop out and shoot them twice while they're reloading.

Your main goal is to survive until the battle is half over and then start trading your HP for clipping out enemy tanks. The only time you can even think about being aggressive in the early game is when you know with 100% certainty that an enemy is alone and is low enough on HP that you can clip them out even if you miss or bounce a shot.

This.

Your teammates are an extension of your hit points and not the other way around. Use them as such.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I think the 50 100 is still really good.

It absolutely is. The Somua SM is just better.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The ISU-130 is a very good TD. Great damage, great accuracy, great DPM, and the mastery requirements are so low it practically prints Ace Tankers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

The ISU-130 is a very good TD. Great damage, great accuracy, great DPM, and the mastery requirements are so low it practically prints Ace Tankers.

Isn't that the super rare one they basically sold once a billion years ago? Or do you mean the SU-130PM? If the latter, then 100% agreed. I prefer it to the Skorpion because it has actual camo. The limited turret rotation doesn't hurt it nearly as much as you'd think either.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I meant the ISU-130.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I had two really good games with two tanks I don't really play: Super Persh and T54 Mod 1. Putting turbo on both of these tanks helps TREMENDOUSLY with their sluggish handeling. The Mod 1 straight up just feels like the T44 but with more armor with the turbo on. Might need to play around with these more, they were actually quite enjoyable (much to my surprise).

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

when do the mark of excellence things show up on your tank? I'm at 69% (lmao) on the T20 but i dont have the gun mark

also the T20 is a gorgeous tank. i'm very bad at the game but that tank just seems to work the way i ask it to

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

when do the mark of excellence things show up on your tank? I'm at 69% (lmao) on the T20 but i dont have the gun mark

also the T20 is a gorgeous tank. i'm very bad at the game but that tank just seems to work the way i ask it to

quote:

To receive the Marks of Excellence of the initial achievement level, a player should be among the best players in terms of average damage:

The top 35% of players in the same vehicle are awarded the first level of achievement and one Mark of Excellence.
The top 15% of players receive the second level and two Marks of Excellence.
The top 5% of players receive the highest level and three Marks of Excellence.

Otherwords 65%, 85%, 95%.

EDIT: Thanks.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 14, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

85%, not 75%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah so i'm over the 65% threshold but don't see the mark on the barrel