Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

It's hard to explain it, but rewatching Fear the Walking Dead it's amazing how much better it is than original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I only watched the first few episodes of Fear the Walking Dead but at the time it was clearly better than what the original was turning into.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like the start of both, but they became zombies of their former selves

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
At the time though the difference in quality made me think they realized the original had gotten out of hand, so Fear might have functioned as a reset and an attempt to run a show with a serious level of writing from the start.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hey this show is back on. I watched the episode.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Not gonna lie, "Do you know who I am?" was the line of the night.

If we don't get a Negan reuniting with Rick scene, it will be almost as bad if we don't get Rick meeting back up with Drrrl, Michone, or Shane's Kid. After the disaster of failing to have even one scene between Alicia and Madison on the other show, they owe us this. Rick finding out Negan has been redeemed and saved his people multiple times will justify Rick allowing Negan to live, and prove that Coral was right about there being another way and everyone getting along.

Pretty much all I'm watching for now is that, and in general to see the Negan grenade get thrown in various circumstances and lean and snark his way out.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can someone catch me up on who the bald guy and the girl stalking Carol are? Who are they working for, what are their objectives and why is Carol and the kids scared of them?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The premiere was kinda boring but E18 was good. Interesting deviation from the comics. And the preview for E19...just ridiculous that the zombies are changing now.

Looten Plunder posted:

Can someone catch me up on who the bald guy and the girl stalking Carol are? Who are they working for, what are their objectives and why is Carol and the kids scared of them?

They're Lance's goons. The woman is fake-Max that manipulated Glen last season.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Who is Lance again?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

Who is Lance again?

The second in command at the Commonwealth. Basically their chief of police, including their secret police. Utter ratfuck, likes grey suits.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ProperCoochie posted:

And the preview for E19...just ridiculous that the zombies are changing now.

Ridiculous in the sense there is only a few episodes left or for another reason?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The most interesting thing this season has been a Gizmodo writer getting a full article episode recap out of a doorknob https://gizmodo.com/walking-dead-recap-variant-season-11-episode-19-1849644481

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is the final final season, right? I’m curious where the commonwealth arc ends in relation to the comics and if they do the same final issue bit 10-20 year time skip

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Walking dead I am the one

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

anything crazy or cool happened in this last bit?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I lost Faith.

Please let this show end.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I can't believe this shuffling, shambling corpse of a thread is finally going to die.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought this season was doing surprisingly well, but this last third has been a drooling corpse.

Man, I bet this is a too many cooks thing.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Is Fear the Walking Dead still going?

There’s too much missed potential with this entire program and too many poor choices.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

General Battuta posted:

Walking dead I am the one

Exterminating carl

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought this season was doing surprisingly well, but this last third has been a drooling corpse.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonably competent it was in the beginning of the season. This last third is back to boring bullshit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

surely they're done with the heart to hearts between every character and why they need to go on and how loved they are and blah blah blah and the last ep will just wrap things up with some big setpieces

surely

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

read the wiki and lol at the zombies evolving or whatever the gently caress in the last half of the final season. what a strange choice

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the only good thing about the commonwealth arc is the butt armor having molded cheeks

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CODChimera posted:

read the wiki and lol at the zombies evolving or whatever the gently caress in the last half of the final season. what a strange choice

I think it's for the entire stage of this loving saga; a mate said they did the same plot point over in Fear.

tbh I reckon Kang's being Gimpled* as we approach the finale. Gotta keep the franchise machine chugging along.

*or whoever is in charge these days, I dunno.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Open Source Idiom posted:

Too Many Cooks!? The Walking Dead!!??
:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Is Fear the Walking Dead still going?

Season 8 is likely sometime next year

In terms of other show stuff:
Tales of the Walking Dead just ended its first (maybe only?) season
The Negan/Maggie spinoff premieres next year
The Daryl spinoff is going forward, unknown premiere year
The Rick/Michonne spinoff premieres next year

But hey, the three Rick films got canceled :toot:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Do you reckon any of these shows will look any good.

Man the main show looks bad these days, and Fear has a bad case of the piss filters.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Show hasn't looked good since like season 1/2 but lmfao at all those absolute dogshit sounding spinoffs

Maggie and Negan is gonna be so loving bad I might just have to tune in

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

General Battuta posted:

Exterminating carl

Cancel the rickles
And bring back kim dickels
And rot in the back of my netflix queue

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
kinda lame that even in the penultimate episode the show is too scared to kill off any characters

hey, Enid is in this

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ProperCoochie posted:

kinda lame that even in the penultimate episode the show is too scared to kill off any characters

hey, Enid is in this

It's one of her first roles (filmed prior to TWD)! :3:

Blew my mind the first time I realized it... :psyboom:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

evil dies tonight

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

evil dies tonight

So, it’s finally getting cancelled?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Satchel and Trunk posted:

So, it’s finally getting cancelled?

If by cancelled you mean The Walking Dead stops, but the 6 spinoffs live on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

In terms of other show stuff:
Tales of the Walking Dead just ended its first (maybe only?) season
The Negan/Maggie spinoff premieres next year
The Daryl spinoff is going forward, unknown premiere year
The Rick/Michonne spinoff premieres next year

:stare:

Lmao

Lol

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
The best way to build tension around the potential fates of your main characters going into a finale is to make sure they all have spinoffs announced well before it airs.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My one red line for the finale is that Eugene Porter, having survived this long via creative use of science, lying, begging, cowardice, cold tablets, vomit, dick-biting, ham radio romance, sabotage, voyeurism and mulletry, must make it to the end credits in one piece.

It will be very difficult for this to be the most unsatisfying series finale of 2022, though, as the last three minutes of Killing Eve exist.

Also, my hope is that the Maggie and Negan spinoff is a fakeout and will turn out to be a suburban house-sharing wacky sitcom, mismatched step-parents coping with precocious offspring, with a laugh track and Jim Jefferies as the annoying neighbor.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I think this is almost over and nothing has happened lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lmao this explosion