Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
There are definitely female Ogryn. In fact, in one of the recent books one of them even somehow becomes a psyker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I haven't bought an Imperial Guard codex in forever so I'm definitely behind on that front.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I'm guessing that making an all-male class on release means that they'll produce an all-female DLC class later

I wonder what class that could possibly be

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

DeathSandwich posted:

Return to Ubersreik, Drachenfels are both solid. Get any class that interests you though elf has probably one of the single best quality of life weapons in the javelin for non-sister

Avoid winds of magic. Beastmen are loving awful.

Isn't Drachenfels from the first game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Isn't Drachenfels from the first game?

You go back in one of the DLCs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

If it makes you feel better the imperial guard Cadians are getting Ms. Trunchbull from Matilda as it’s supreme commander in the tabletop game

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ursula_Creed

also the new votann and IG unit boxes are co-ed

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Magitek posted:

I'm guessing that making an all-male class on release means that they'll produce an all-female DLC class later

Eldar Screaming Banshees, the only unit as iconic as the Ogryn.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Magitek posted:

It'd be easy enough to put a Sister of any given order into the game, they don't all use power armor and there are others than just the sisters of battle. Although that wouldn't fit the convict theme, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

S.J. posted:

It'd be easy enough to put a Sister of any given order into the game, they don't all use power armor and there are others than just the sisters of battle. Although that wouldn't fit the convict theme, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

there are penintent sisters but they are just the zealot with an eviscerator (zweihander chainsword). and they could just give the zealot that.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Magitek posted:

If you're thinking Sister of Battle I think you'll be disappointed. They're an order of magnitude higher on the power scale than guardsmen are.

Even a Repentia is a stretch since they don't get sent to a prison.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

there are penintent sisters but they are just the zealot with an eviscerator (zweihander chainsword). and they could just give the zealot that.

Suuuuure, but that's not exactly a convict either, and there's already a female zealot option. They also aren't gonna put an all female job in the game that mostly runs around wearing scripture for clothes :v: I'd love to see an eviscerator show up the game though, holy poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

S.J. posted:

Suuuuure, but that's not exactly a convict either, and there's already a female zealot option. They also aren't gonna put an all female job in the game that mostly runs around wearing scripture for clothes :v: I'd love to see an eviscerator show up the game though, holy poo poo.

Good news! There's an icon for one from when the beta bugged out for some people.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

For what it's worth the sisters repentia have been wearing tank tops and shorts since they got plastic models.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

S.J. posted:

ya I am saying that they wouldn't and the only cool thing about them is something the zealot can and should do

the eviscerator is a wayne reynolds classic and a concept they ended up using for both necromunda and the 40k preachers, it's even more perfect for the zealot than the thunder hammer

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
My guess is the most likely additions(that aren't just variants of the types we already have) would be a Ratling(easy archetype to model in this kind of game and there's already a fair bit of dialogue about them) or something relating to the Adeptus Mechanicus(either an actual Tech Priest or maybe even a Combat Servitor)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

ya I am saying that they wouldn't and the only cool thing about them is something the zealot can and should do

the eviscerator is a wayne reynolds classic and a concept they ended up using for both necromunda and the 40k preachers, it's even more perfect for the zealot than the thunder hammer

Oh my bad I misread, yeah that would be loving dope.

Really any demi human makes sense, Ratlings or Squats. But I'm assuming they'll be adding subclasses for a while before they'd ever add another full character to the roster. Give me a loving Catachan guardsman though god drat

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

You go back in one of the DLCs.

Okay, I see it now. Not sure it it was part of the original game but I do not see a DLC for it.

Anyway, got Ubersreik and Bogenhafen for now. I will see if I want more before I get Winds of Magic but, uh, *looks at user reviews* woof

Played as Saltzpyre for a bit and ended up liking him more than I expected, and I like being able to knock people back with the power of my ego and self-importance. I may stick with him, take a look at his other alt careers.

Speaking of sticking with, how do chests and loot work? Is it like some chance at an incremental upgrade up to a certain cap, depending on chest rarity and caping out at some level depending on where you get it from?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think it might have been a free update? I dunno, I did not VT2 as much as I would have liked.

You've got it right on chests AFAIK.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Unlucky7 posted:

Okay, I see it now. Not sure it it was part of the original game but I do not see a DLC for it.

Anyway, got Ubersreik and Bogenhafen for now. I will see if I want more before I get Winds of Magic but, uh, *looks at user reviews* woof

Played as Saltzpyre for a bit and ended up liking him more than I expected, and I like being able to knock people back with the power of my ego and self-importance. I may stick with him, take a look at his other alt careers.

Speaking of sticking with, how do chests and loot work? Is it like some chance at an incremental upgrade up to a certain cap, depending on chest rarity and caping out at some level depending on where you get it from?

Avoid Winds of Magic.

For Saltz, Bounty hunter is probably his best class. The active ability just ruins bosses and if you can land headshots with it you can stunlock a boss to death in like 5 seconds. He'll also one-shot chaos warriors on basically any difficulty.

The chests gives you gear for whichever character you open it as, and it spits out level at your average hero power +- a few points.

If you do the chaos wastes content, it's pretty much all ilevel agnostic and you can get levels real quick

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 11, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Edit, double post

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

it's wild to me that they made a whole new enemy faction with expansion for v2 and nobody plays it. what's the deal there

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
People on both sides of the political spectrum are arguing and fighting over which game has the best acting, some people say ‘Darktide’, some people say ‘Vermintide’

But a true person of culture knows what the real answer is:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiaJldR39A8

And especially:-

https://youtu.be/4sgimfISzPs

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Fuligin posted:

it's wild to me that they made a whole new enemy faction with expansion for v2 and nobody plays it. what's the deal there

I don't really understand. I like it. Dark Omens is a fun map, but apparently people rage quit as soon as they see it?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fuligin posted:

The enemies are annoying and poorly animated. The standard bearers loving suck and minotaurs can eat my rear end. Mass archers throw off the entire dynamic in a game that is much less gunplay-focused. There's just way way less polish on them than there are the rats or the rotbloods.

Also the Weaves of Magic is fully dead on arrival. The map and weapons are strictly okay but it costs way too much and once it's on you've got beastmen in any game you host forever, no way to turn them off. Cataclysm is an experts-only mode that doesn't even net you better loot than Veteran.

Edit: Well, there is a way to turn it off, but it's disabling the whole DLC, which turns off the map and the new weapons.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 11, 2022

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Counterpoint: The Billhook owns and is almost worth the price of admission by itself

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Fuligin posted:

I've never found beastmen to be like, so offensively bad that I would avoid the entire DLC. Like it's kind of a waste of money but people who really hate beastmen, I just don't see it. I mean after like hundreds of hours of VT2 I barely pause long enough to notice the they're beastmen, and the elite chargers are actually quite interesting from a gameplay perspective because they actually break your ranks and get into your back lines somewhat. And I like the minotaur, I think he's legitimately scary. I do think that they are poorly animated though.

Also it is definitely true that the Winds of Magic game mode is itself kind of a waste of time. Mostly just buy it for the weapons and if they don't interest you don't get it.

DeathSandwich posted:

Avoid Winds of Magic.

For Saltz, Bounty hunter is probably his best class. The active ability just ruins bosses and if you can land headshots with it you can stunlock a boss to death in like 5 seconds. He'll also one-shot chaos warriors on basically any difficulty.

WHC is, no joke, possibly one of the best classes in the game. By the end of his tree you can hit one button to cut through an entire rank of storm vermin and refill half your health bar with temp HP in one go. And dodge range increase means you can do things like tank a boss for your whole team without getting hit. But he's not as flashy as zealot or BH and doesn't do quite as much single target DPS.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I can never not play WHC if I’m salty, much like I can never not play SUH KRUBAH if I’m Kruber. Both careers just feel too drat good.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Bussamove posted:

I can never not play WHC if I’m salty, much like I can never not play SUH KRUBAH if I’m Kruber. Both careers just feel too drat good.

I just love how Kruber switches from calling Saltzpyre "Sir" to "peasant" in some interactions if you're running as a Grail Knight.

That and the absolutely terrible Brettonian accent he affects sometimes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kokoro Wish posted:

I just love how Kruber switches from calling Saltzpyre "Sir" to "peasant" in some interactions if you're running as a Grail Knight.

That and the absolutely terrible Brettonian accent he affects sometimes.

There's a really great interaction between them where Salt takes offense at the idea that Bretonnians bathe and then is absolutely gobsmacked when Kruber admits that he's always engaged in the habit of regular bathing even before becoming a Grail Knight

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Do we need to do anything to get into the Darktide beta once we purchase on steam? Can't install or anything so unsure.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It should just become available on Steam on the 17th, as far as I know. I haven't heard anything about preloading, but they preloaded the closed beta, so I don't see why not. I imagine we'll know more a couple of days beforehand.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

VT1 has Kruber mention a conspiracy of the emperor spending money on fancy hats instead of magic swords. You can't argue against this.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They're load-bearing fancy hats.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He changes his mind during the Bogenhafen DLC where he accuses Karl Franz of being a penny pincher instead.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

By the way Vermintide 2 is now only 6 USD now until November 20th and all the level dlc is pretty drat cheap alao.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Regarding Sisters of Battle in Dark Tide, and for folks not so up on the more recent miniatures, there's now something called "novitiates", which are Sisters in training (of all types, not just battle), and they fight in guard equivalent gear, custom flak armor, auto guns, conventional swords, etc. This is also why "every marine is a rifleman" in the Soritas; every hospitalier or Diplomat has spent time in the field, even if it didn't end up being their ultimate area of specialization.

I'd say the bigger barrier for their inclusion is just that they're so similar to the existing zealot.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well with the archetype/subclass system we could potentially get things like Novitiates or Repentias on the Zealot but it really depends on how far they go for those subclasses. If it's just a couple new weapons, new traits/abilities and some cosmetics then it's probably less likely to get really wild stuff. Fatshark does seem to be filled with gigantic Warhammer nerds though so if they're looking to make this a live service game that just eventually is stuffed with 40K nonsense I could see it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

IMO it's that they'd be so similar to the zealot and that the chance of a Sister ending up in prison is near zero. They'd either get executed by the ecclesiarchy or be forced to become a Repentia.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The sister wouldn't necessarily need to be a prisoner. The SOBs are a separate branch but they work closely with Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors and it's not out of the question for the Darktide Inquisitor to call in some favours.

There's multiple Orders within the inquisition but the big three are the Ordo Xenos, Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Malleus. These three are the most active in direct combat roles and while they field their own agent they do reach out for assistance when poo poo hits the fan.

Ordo Xenos works closely with the Deathwatch Space Marines. Specialize in killing aliens.

Ordo Malleus work with the Grey Knights to kill daemons.

Ordo Hereticus works with the Sisterhood to purge heretics before they can escalate into daemon summoning.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
They could be a sort of supervisor or something seconded to the war effort. "Our previous modus operandi of sending wave after wave of our own idiots into the Nurgle killbots until they hit their preprogrammed kill limit didn't work because joke's on us; they love that poo poo. We're not going to waste good commissars on bad rubbish but the Local Sisters cathedral volunteered to help rehabilitate our charges"