Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'm more on the side that they left a bunch of mobiks holding the bag while they got their veterans and equipment out, but we'll see.

Reputedly they got their best men out but not the equipment.

It'll take at least a few days to really find out everything that went down I'm guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/yapparova_lilya/status/1591098000104771584?t=UsVCPs8VBhrXTXY-omRdzQ&s=19

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Saladman posted:

I don’t remember any LGBT characters in any of the AC games and I played most of them. Definitely don’t remember any in AC1. Also they banned TLoU because.. the character came out as a lesbian in TLoU2? Or did they ban both games? Or because the actress/character model for the girl is a lesbian IRL?

Fallout also, don’t remember anything LGBT in 1 or 2 except that you could sleep with a prostitute regardless of the sex of the player character. And banning fallout and dragon age but not Mass Effect?

E: I realize I'm looking for way more logic than was actually applied. Also I guess Russians can't even legally buy video games anymore anyway from European, North American, or Japanese publishers (i.e. 99 of them?), so the ruling has like zero effect since everyone pirates everything in the first place.

AC11 has a homosexual romance route for the main protagonist. TLoU and Fallout games have a few fleeting moments each.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1591100046635929608

No power in Kherson thanks to the Russians, but plenty of joy. Wonder how long Ukraine will take to get basic utilities back up and running. Based on their maintenance of the railways and other services after Russian attacks, I bet it won't take long!!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Saladman posted:

I don’t remember any LGBT characters in any of the AC games and I played most of them. Definitely don’t remember any in AC1.

Not incredibly relevant but I vaguely recall that there were suggestions in AC2 that da Vinci might have been queer, and possibly had a thing going on with his assistant.

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

Banning Fallout in Russia? Good loving luck

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

The only place Russians could still be trapped is Kozatske, but that directly on the other side of the dam. It doesn't look like there were a large quantity of forces on the right bank at all.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It’s quite far away, and would be shot at from basically all directions, including dumb artillery stationed in Russian Federation. Something like like Verkhnii Tokmak would be more practical, since there’s a rail station for the sole railway connecting Crimea with Russia overland.

There is no railroad connecting to Crimea overland in Russian hands. The Ukrainians pulled up the tracks after 2014 from a long stretch, and that area is still in mortar range of Ukrainian positions. (It's also the area where Russia is most heavily attaking these days.)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tuna-Fish posted:

There is no railroad connecting to Crimea overland in Russian hands. The Ukrainians pulled up the tracks after 2014 from a long stretch, and that area is still in mortar range of Ukrainian positions. (It's also the area where Russia is most heavily attaking these days.)

Right, they did disconnect the peninsula, but I’m not sure which is the area you’re speaking of. I assume that there still is a railway line Novooleksiivka-Melitopol’-Fedorivka-Verkhnii Tokmak-Kamish Zorya-Volnovakha-Dolya-Larine-Dobay’sk-Uspens’ka-Kvashino-Taganrog-Rostov, but thinking more about it you certainly have a point that some areas of that would be more than dangerous to traverse - the Volnovakha-Dolya segment in particular.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Right, they did disconnect the peninsula, but I’m not sure which is the area you’re speaking of. I assume that there still is a railway line Novooleksiivka-Melitopol’-Fedorivka-Verkhnii Tokmak-Kamish Zorya-Volnovakha-Dolya-Larine-Dobay’sk-Uspens’ka-Kvashino-Taganrog-Rostov, but thinking more about it you certainly have a point that some areas of that would be more than dangerous to traverse - the Volnovakha-Dolya segment in particular.

The rail line at Volnovakha is about 10 ish km from the front line according to latest maps.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

cinci zoo sniper posted:

AC11 has a homosexual romance route for the main protagonist. TLoU and Fallout games have a few fleeting moments each.

I'm guessing that Russia wants Fallout banned because they weren't the primary bad guy and might be upset that China gets all the press

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The rail line at Volnovakha is about 10 ish km from the front line according to latest maps.

Right, I don’t think that endears them to significant cargo volumes towards Melitopol’, which was my underdeveloped speculation for armchairing Verkhnii Tokmak as an interesting objective.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I do not buy any narrative that Russia is masterminding some grand plan here, the scale and volume of the discontent from basically every corner on the Russian side is way too great.

It's important to remember that as humans we're not capable of individual thought on a meaningful level, pre-scientific religious anti-democratic beliefs about souls and agency being refuted. Let's try to stop framing the words in our heads as ideas.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FishBulbia posted:

It's important to remember that as humans we're not capable of individual thought on a meaningful level, pre-scientific religious anti-democratic beliefs about souls and agency being refuted. Let's try to stop framing the words in our heads as ideas.

Please put the bottle away.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That connection is cut. The rails have been removed from a long stretch near to the old border of dnr.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/yapparova_lilya/status/1591098000104771584

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Right, I don’t think that endears them to significant cargo volumes towards Melitopol’, which was my underdeveloped speculation for armchairing Verkhnii Tokmak as an interesting objective.

I agree that functionally the railway isn't usable for large volumes of transit anywhere to the west of Volnovakha, and that's borne out by the speed by which the Russians started running trains over the Kerch bridge.

Wheeljack
Jul 12, 2021

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Fallout New Vegas has same-sex relationship perks available for your character, Confirmed Bachelor and Cherchez La Femme, giving you a damage bonus against the same sex and special dialogue options with some characters, including companion romances.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tuna-Fish posted:

That connection is cut. The rails have been removed from a long stretch near to the old border of dnr.

Oh, I see. Thanks, I genuinely didn’t know that.

Wheeljack posted:

Fallout New Vegas has same-sex relationship perks available for your character, Confirmed Bachelor and Cherchez La Femme, giving you a damage bonus against the same sex and special dialogue options with some characters, including companion romances.

Russian members of the parliament will soon propose to subsidise the game on the basis of these perks.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Also the US government is generally the antagonist in Fallout.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Burns posted:

Also the US government is generally the antagonist in Fallout.

What like, the Enclave? Hmm I guess you could call them the US government.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

no no, it's fallout 1.

They got balders gate too

finally cracking down on the cd stall in the bazaar

cs 1.6 is next

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Rush B(achmut)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Watch them ban CSGO and trigger a full on civil war.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Popete posted:

Watch them ban CSGO and trigger a full on civil war.

Biden to instruct Valve to make de_dust gay

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Counter strike is just a bunch of men penetrating other men with their hot loads, better ban it. Now that I think of it that applies to war too, maybe Russia should just go home.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Wheeljack posted:

It got a bit more notice than normal within the raving homophobe community because since most enemies were male, if you wanted to play a male character yourself the optimal perk selection was to be gay.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So how much fight can Russia possibly have it with Kherson liberated? Are they just going to retreat to the breakaway regions and Crimea now? Isn't the Ukrainian military pushing on Donestk and Luhansk even harder now with the south liberated?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 11, 2022

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

interesting little sideshow - apparently Dugin is real pissed about the retreat from Kherson:
https://twitter.com/akoz33/status/1591120254763438080?s=20&t=h3JQsZrsydgMj4_Phz64jg
Translation from another tweet:

What is the fate of the 'king of the rain'?
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1591114586891194368?s=20&t=h3JQsZrsydgMj4_Phz64jg

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dugin going to see his daughter very soon via Defenestration Airlines.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

So how much fight can Russia possibly have it with Kherson liberated? Are they just going to retreat to the breakaway regions and Crimea now? Isn't the Ukrainian military pushing on Donestk and Luhansk even harder now with the south liberated?
Yeah, but the line there hasn’t become any longer, and so its even more densely defended now (or, well, in 4-6 weeks anyway).

KitConstantine posted:

He’s not actually wrong. In decorum terms, we’re in uncharted waters, since the official interpretation following from the events is that RU MoD army did just surrender a capital of a federal subject of the Russian Federation to Ukrainian guerrillas. This is very much uncharted water, with the square peg finding its round hole for once.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Young Freud posted:

Dugin going to see his daughter very soon via Defenestration Airlines.

Yeah...you probably shouldn't announce your intention to coup the most paranoid man in the world.

poo poo seems like it's poppin off now. :stare:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 11, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

Yeah...you probably shouldn't announce your intention to coup the most paranoid man in the world.

poo poo seems like it's poppin off now. :stare:

I think that’s a highly hyperbolic read of Dugin being predictably angry, as a one of the more rabid nationalists.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dugin eating it wouldn't be a net negative for the world. But probably nothing will happen, for now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KitConstantine posted:

interesting little sideshow - apparently Dugin is real pissed about the retreat from Kherson:
https://twitter.com/akoz33/status/1591120254763438080?s=20&t=h3JQsZrsydgMj4_Phz64jg
Translation from another tweet:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1591114586891194368?s=20&t=h3JQsZrsydgMj4_Phz64jg

I'm actually not sure it's Dugin's tg channel, and not just some fan account. There is no post like this on his VK page, which looks much more authentic, complete with weird random phrases in French and constant quoting of various philosophers.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Nice thing :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1591062567623217153?s=20&t=0A7I_H5oAgx2k8p0upamdw

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I'm actually not sure it's Dugin's tg channel, and not just some fan account. There is no post like this on his VK page, which looks much more authentic, complete with weird random phrases in French and constant quoting of various philosophers.

https://m.vk.com/wall18631635_11628

Here’s the post on his VK page. The TG channel in question, however, is run by Dugin’s fans from 2ch, I think.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://m.vk.com/wall18631635_11628

Here’s the post on his VK page. The TG channel in question, however, is run by Dugin’s fans from 2ch, I think.

I guess I scrolled past it, thanks.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This is pretty neat and a cool way to support the UAF:

https://thedebrief.org/group-turning-downed-russian-aircraft-into-unique-collectibles-to-help-raise-money-for-ukraine/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Right, they did disconnect the peninsula, but Im not sure which is the area youre speaking of. I assume that there still is a railway line Novooleksiivka-Melitopol-Fedorivka-Verkhnii Tokmak-Kamish Zorya-Volnovakha-Dolya-Larine-Dobaysk-Uspenska-Kvashino-Taganrog-Rostov, but thinking more about it you certainly have a point that some areas of that would be more than dangerous to traverse - the Volnovakha-Dolya segment in particular.

Cinci be honest, did you have that entire string of railroad station towns memorized at hand or did you have to look it up? Because that would be quite impressive