Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I remember when he pitched "Pravda" which was supposed to be a wiki style news outlet where regular folks could do a better job reporting news than the professional media? It was a real flash in the pan pitch that I figured was the result of a tantrum a few years back, seems like he's dusting it off I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

How long until Elmo is no longer the richest man?

https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/

with how much money is on the line with twitter it wouldn't take much for him to fall behind arnault

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

cspam is going to be pissed that twitter bums figured out how to make posting praxis before they did

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

DrVenkman posted:

Above all, Elon wants to devalue journalism so that you can stop reading stories about what an awful employer he is. I'm not sure what happens to good journalists when Twitter eventually dies, but in the meantime we get this.

https://twitter.com/ReaIMisterBean/status/1590832469401817090?t=8KunPKnqVJirOPaZaR8ovw&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ubersandwich posted:

I remember when he pitched "Pravda" which was supposed to be a wiki style news outlet where regular folks could do a better job reporting news than the professional media? It was a real flash in the pan pitch that I figured was the result of a tantrum a few years back, seems like he's dusting it off I guess.

I mean he keeps talking about civilian journalism but as of now I don’t think he’s done anything to actually push the idea forward. He might as well say he’s using Twitter ti solve world hunger

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Elon Musk tried to copy Something Awful's :10bux: moderation plan and now he's pissed that he's getting GBS rather than the FYAD he wanted.

The guy is trying to speed run a Lowtax impersonation but I guess only time will tell I'd he will stick the landing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You can do that, and it can work, but only if they have more interest in being a manager and the skills to do it.

What he's going to do is create a bunch of managers who have no skills in people management, in command of big teams doing complicated work, and expected to produce 20% of however many lines of code Eloo decides a coder should produce.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Eiagt dolars (cant spell it)

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Waltzing Along posted:

How long until Elmo is no longer the richest man?

Also, I like the idea of forcing a bunch of managers to actually know how to do the jobs of the people they are managing.

If they were only managing like 5-6 people, that would be fine. With 20+ people under each manager, it's very difficult to find time to keep track of all the people, let alone do anything else in the workweek. Might as well not have managers at all at that point.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

golden bubble posted:

If they were only managing like 5-6 people, that would be fine. With 20+ people under each manager, it's very difficult to find time to keep track of all the people, let alone do anything else in the workweek. Might as well not have managers at all at that point.

I'd bet it's the kind of setup that results in your av :lol:

Undertasked, bored devs showing up to just gently caress around because their overworked manager isn't tracking their code/hours.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

golden bubble posted:

Managers will be too busy to contradict Elmo. And also project plan, or make decisions. Only Elmo makes decisions.

I wish I was joking when I propose this theory but I’m not. Bad managers hate good managers for taking initiative.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

golden bubble posted:

Might as well not have managers at all at that point.

Circle gets the square.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

What’s the pluranym for entrepreneurs? A tort? A fraud? A bourgeois?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A sinkhole.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

madmatt112 posted:

2-3 are a podcast

4-5 are a meetup

Anything more than 5 is a summit

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pro.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:vince:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he keeps talking about civilian journalism but as of now I don’t think he’s done anything to actually push the idea forward. He might as well say he’s using Twitter ti solve world hunger

That guy who tracked his charter jet could be called a citizen journalist, right?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Not all heroes wear capes.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

omg

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Doja Cat and Lil Nas X were super involved in the Nikki Minaj twitter Stan community, which is apparently crazy as hell. They were forged in the troll mines.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Automatic Slim posted:

That guy who tracked his charter jet could be called a citizen journalist, right?

I reference my post above.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

KitConstantine posted:

Doja Cat and Lil Nas X were super involved in the Nikki Minaj twitter Stan community, which is apparently crazy as hell. They were forged in the troll mines.

Reminds me of one of the best threads

https://twitter.com/solomonmissouri/status/1429940316002570245?s=20&t=WZgCba7D-r_7f4kE5OcW2A

kru
Oct 5, 2003

madmatt112 posted:

a blockchain of entrepreneurs

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

:five:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

holy shot :lol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holy poo poo

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

:perfect:

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

truly demonstrating the value of :8bux:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Meanwhile, Elon continues to have not learned a goddamn thing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591121142961799168
what the gently caress is he talking about

even in his own moon logic if he makes checkmarks available for 8 dollars, checkmarks no longer represent accurate journalism. the checkmark doesnt have magic powers. its just a jpg. people trust the checkmark because it says 'this person is of public notice or works for a company that has public trust.' if you can just buy one, the checkmark no longer has any weight.

i literally do not understand what he expects to happen

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Endorph posted:

even in his own moon logic if he makes checkmarks available for 8 dollars, checkmarks no longer represent accurate journalism. the checkmark doesnt have magic powers. its just a jpg. people trust the checkmark because it says 'this person is of public notice or works for a company that has public trust.' if you can just buy one, the checkmark no longer has any weight.

he's really dumb, op

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Sir, this is a Wendy's

not an Alex Jones deposition lol

Yuppie Scum
Nov 28, 2003

Fortune and glory, kids. Fortune and glory.
Doja is a national treasure

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/DojaCat/status/1590603340962205696

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Erm. Is it just me or has he already deleted that "elite" tweet

Edit: huh I can see it on his timeline but can't click on it. Lol Twitter is falling apart

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Endorph posted:

I mean, it's working in a way, there's a whole army of reply guys conflating the two things and smugly convinced that traditional news media/the libs are owned, now that the common person can buy a checkmark.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

okay are you guys seeing her old christmas avatar/background when viewing this tweet? if you go to the bird site you see her new profile pic.

i think elon fired all the twitter voice people and they hosed up something that prevents embeds from getting the new profile pic.

edit: for reference:

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 11, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, it's working in a way, there's a whole army of reply guys conflating the two things and smugly convinced that traditional news media/the libs are owned, now that the common person can buy a checkmark.
those guys think literally everything owns the libs tho. they think giving the libs money owns the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Endorph posted:

He thinks everything is bots

And by making people put in a credit card number to get a blue check (and then hiding all tweets from people without blue checks) there won't be any bots anymore

And thus the media who controls the narrative via bots will be defeated by cItIzEn JoUrNaLiSm

(ps elon, that's what we used to call "blogging", it didn't change the world either)