Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
More like Elost Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol the paid for checkmarks aren't blue anymore (at least in light mode)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Strong Sauce posted:

okay are you guys seeing her old christmas avatar/background when viewing this tweet? if you go to the bird site you see her new profile pic.

i think elon fired all the twitter voice people and they hosed up something that prevents embeds from getting the new profile pic.

edit: for reference:

Yeah, I get the old background.
poo poo's hosed.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I've been conditioned to immediately laugh at the weaselly bald Musk pic. It's just an automatic response now.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
Twitter Blue, December 2022:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Endorph posted:

those guys think literally everything owns the libs tho. they think giving the libs money owns the libs.

money is how you buy things though how does that not own the libs?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

lol the paid for checkmarks aren't blue anymore (at least in light mode)

i think we need a separate best-of thread to just collect and catalogue screenshots of all these verified companies posting hard truths about their brands

they will be important history someday

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

i think we need a separate best-of thread to just collect and catalogue screenshots of all these verified companies posting hard truths about their brands

you mean like this?

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1591133819918114816?s=20&t=YpzIb1qcF_3AZN-vi1SU8Q

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1591115039653924864

gently caress you glenn greenwald

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

that's a lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that fake tweet disrupted every insulin stock, lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Insulin should be free.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

PITY BONER posted:

Twitter Blue, December 2022:

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591142426034720773?s=20&t=vyegO_ns7UQ575HH6z12ww

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

🤣🤣🤣

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Bad Purchase posted:

Not brands, but people are starting to collect many of the fake accounts posting Ws.
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1590696859869536256

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
please do put in the paper that I'm mad so everyone can see how not mad I actually am

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Meanwhile, Elon continues to have not learned a goddamn thing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1591121142961799168

I was just hearing about some media elite suppressing citizen journalism! There's these people who were working at a company and it was bought by this crazy rich guy, both crazy in the amount of money he had and crazy in the head. Anyway, he comes in and starts doing poo poo that will ruin the company at high speed like firing half its employees and they're going on Twitter and reporting about it. But crazy rich guy owns a giant media company and he starts using it to threaten them and try to suppress the reporting on his behavior!

Holy poo poo, it's an actual "victory wine" tweet.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 11, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

funfact, since buying twitter musk has been tweeting 50-70 times a day, and he rarely goes more than 3 hours without tweeting.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's true, the last time i remember this much media attention on something was game of thrones season 8

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

My overpriced company isn't failing. It's doing better than ever. Your failing.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Traffic is up and advertising is down!

What do you mean the first part is harmful without the second?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This dumb motherfucker: It doesn't matter if you grow IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING MONEY! You chased the money off!

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

This is, unironically, a good thing for SpaceX.

The cope on r/spacex is pretty severe though. Including loud shouting about how Twitter is just fine and could "run almost for free, opensource, if it needed to"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

To an insane and stupid narcissist, attention is currency so obviously Mushk is happy.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Is... is he trying to reverse-psychology people into not trolling him?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

CommieGIR posted:

This dumb motherfucker: It doesn't matter if you grow IF YOU ARE NOT MAKING MONEY! You chased the money off!

But all these people are buying verified accounts. It's value!

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
obviously just replace twitters backend with xenforo , problem solved

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" I keep repeating as I shower physical money and bitcoin transaction receipts on myself.

I call for for the maid to acquire more money. No, I don't know her name. Shes dark, but sort of more brown than black. This is how I identify that one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes, just open source and skeleton crew twitter, he'll definitely make his money back then.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

It was the b-side to the chicken song that was number 1 for 3 weeks, and was a watershed moment in turning the UK public against apartheid - it was this pressure (along with the Queen calling her a massive racist in a private meeting) that forced thatcher into agreeing to sanctions against SA at the end of the year

I wouldn’t Google the chicken song

The Chicken Song was a parody of those tacky "song of the summer" earworms that have been a thing for decades. I was 10 when it came out and it still randomly pops into my head and I can remember most of the lyrics, while the songs it parodied are long forgotten.

I watched a few old clips of the show a while back and it was brutal for the time in its utter distaste for the establishment, especially compared to how tame rubbish like HIGNFY and Mock the Week is.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Not an expert, but I think this would be actionable in civil court.

Even if it isn't, it's generally a bad idea to antagonize all the pharmacorps for no reason.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bad Purchase posted:

it's true, the last time i remember this much media attention on something was game of thrones season 8

That worked out well didn't it? Everyone loves that ending.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

goatface posted:

Yes, just open source and skeleton crew twitter, he'll definitely make his money back then.

there's actually a great example to follow already, called "Masterbatedone"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I;m sure cash4Gold and myPillow will pay insane rates to reach these users

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

SirPhoebos posted:

Not an expert, but I think this would be actionable in civil court.

Even if it isn't, it's generally a bad idea to antagonize all the pharmacorps for no reason.

actionable against twitter only right?

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

ilmucche posted:

actionable against twitter only right?

The person behind the fake account might be in trouble depending on what country they're from

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CommieGIR posted:

Sure we're losing money on every click, but we'll make it up in volume!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Any estimates on exactly how much money was lost by the tweet that crashed the insulin company?